ogarte24

Rookie

• 113 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 25, 2009 - 04:20 AM

link

We ♥ the Celtics?

Lakers fans ♥ the Celtics?

The team the Lakers and their fans used to love to hate, the one they yearn to see in June, to obliterate the memory of last spring -- not to mention other springs -- is back.

Wild as it might be, that makes the Celtics local darlings between now and then.

"The great dichotomy!" says radio host Vic "the Brick" Jacobs. "The ambivalence wracks my soul. The ultimate humiliation of Game 6, the 39-point massacre by the Celtics, must be avenged. There must be a physical catharsis, an emotional catharsis."

(For Vic's KLAC teammates, whose names I can't divulge, but whose initials are PP and MMS, I keep going to him because he's the beating heart of Lakerdom, or its most crazed recognizable figure, edging Mychal Thompson, who still dresses like a normal person.)

You've heard of Jews for Jesus? This is Lakers Fans for Celtics.

Of course, Our Guys in Green are just here to play the Clippers, but these are perilous times with Kevin Garnett out, in their race with younger, bigger, deeper Cleveland.

The peril is such that the Celtics are now expected to sign pariah of pariahs Stephon Marbury, who finally reached a buyout agreement with the Knicks on Tuesday.

#2 runoneuno

runoneuno

Rookie

• 786 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted February 25, 2009 - 07:09 AM

Boston's the team to beat even though Cleveland is making a case for itself. As good as this Laker team is, they have quite a few obstacles to overcome before making it to the finals like everyone's expecting them to but if we do get there I want Celtic blood...

#3 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 25, 2009 - 08:01 AM

Bring them on. If LA had signed Marbury BSPN would be ripping them to pieces. Sure they will talk about how great he is for Boston. What a joke.

#4 wmcguire33

wmcguire33

Rookie

• 43 posts
  • Name:Will McGuire
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 25, 2009 - 09:13 AM

When it really comes down to it, I think the Celtics will beat the Cavs in the Eastern Conference Finals. When you look at it, they may not be able to stop LeBron, but who is gonna stop all three of Boston's weapons? I think that experience is going to pay off for them against the Cavs now.

I think the Lakers should want the Celtics. They're about to show them whats up, as they already went 2-0 against them in the regular season. I think we got them figured out, and I think Kobe wants it more than ever. Bynum is coming of age, and hopefully he comes off this injury business strong.

Lakers in 5 or 6.

WITNESS Kobe.
16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

#5 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,924 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 25, 2009 - 09:41 AM

Why is Marbury still relevant?

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#6 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted February 25, 2009 - 10:14 AM

I could care less. Lets worry about ourselves. If the Lakers start worrying about the Celtics and not themselves, Kobe and crew will be watching the Finals on TV.

#7 runoneuno

runoneuno

Rookie

• 786 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted February 25, 2009 - 11:36 AM

I could care less. Lets worry about ourselves. If the Lakers start worrying about the Celtics and not themselves, Kobe and crew will be watching the Finals on TV.

well said. I really do think that the 2 regular season wins (although we can use it towards our advantage and momentum) won't matter come playoff time. Boston's bench just got better with Moore and the possibility of Marbury. We need to KILL teams...literally kill them and show that in every single game we play heading into the playoffs because what worries me is when our team is just now addressing numerous pick and roll defense plays, defending the 3 pt line, giving up leads againt below 500 teams and Boston and Cleveland are wiping out western conference contenders by 20 or more pts.

#8 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted February 25, 2009 - 01:59 PM

We need to KILL teams...literally kill them and show that in every single game we play heading into the playoffs because what worries me is when our team is just now addressing numerous pick and roll defense plays, defending the 3 pt line, giving up leads againt below 500 teams and Boston and Cleveland are wiping out western conference contenders by 20 or more pts.

Totally share your sentiments here, so f'in true. It's beyond frustrating our team can't have more of a killer instinct for 48 minutes and just put teams away easily, especially crappier teams. Too often we just get complacent/comfortable, let down, and let teams back into the game. Sure, we've been winning, but it shouldn't even have to come down to such close games, plus it'd be nice to have our starters rest more.

As much as I hate Boston, I admire that them and Cleveland are able to kill teams on a consistent basis where as we, not so much.

#9 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,853 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 25, 2009 - 02:05 PM

Bah!

The Celtics, their moronic "fans" and any cancerous arrogance factory they sign to join their crew of ignorant crybabies doesn't scare me one bit.

I want the Celtics healthy and at full strength - it will make the beating that much sweeter.

#10 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted February 25, 2009 - 04:13 PM

I dont care who we beat it is jut about winning thats all!

Posted Image

#11 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 25, 2009 - 05:32 PM

Why is Marbury still relevant?

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#12 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 25, 2009 - 07:14 PM

the celtics wont even make it to the finals, and ironically it will be wally and Delonte who prove to be the mismatches.....oh the irony
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#13 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted February 25, 2009 - 07:26 PM

You can see into the future? :nervous:

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#14 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 25, 2009 - 07:30 PM

You can see into the future? :nervous:

a little :machine:
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#15 Cavs23_MvP

Cavs23_MvP

Rookie

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Fan Since:Never
  • Fav. Laker:LeBron James

Posted February 25, 2009 - 08:23 PM

the celtics wont even make it to the finals, and ironically it will be wally and Delonte who prove to be the mismatches.....oh the irony

the one thing thatll happen is there will be too much focus on lebron and kobe
and thats whats gonna determine who wins is the teammateesss

as in wally, delonte, mo and gibson and z and maybe ben wallace scoring?!? aha
WE ARE ALL WITNESSES

#16 udechukwu

udechukwu

KB24: Silencing opposing crowds for over a decade

• 128 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fan Since:birth 1990
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 26, 2009 - 12:47 AM

honestly if the lakers play with the same intensity as they did in the first game, theres no reason why we cant beat them again. odom is the key though. HE needs to play how he's been minus yesterday, only a avg performance but if odom has a 20/20ish game then it will just as if we had bynum. im sure the lakers will definitely turn it up in the playoffs they've shown what they can do when they really want to.

Where will amazing happen this year ?..... LA!!!
2009 NBA Champions
A Prophecy fulfilled.

#17 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted February 26, 2009 - 01:47 AM

Be careful what I wish for? **** that. I want to play the Celtics again. Unfortunately, I think the Cavs are the team we'll be playing should we reach the Finals again.

Bleeding purple & gold...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users