Vujacic: Hardest Work is Offseason

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted August 14, 2008 - 10:53 PM

Showed he has heart which is one of the most important things you can have in basketball.

Yeap, and I believe that will push him a hell lot more...

#22 LkrsOvrMia 2

LkrsOvrMia 2

Rookie

• 40 posts
  • Fav. Laker:This is a team sport!

Posted August 15, 2008 - 05:46 PM

Sorry but this made me laugh when I first saw it.

Hopefully, it pays off for the young lad!

Edited by LkrsOvrMia 2, August 15, 2008 - 05:46 PM.

"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."

#23 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 04:48 PM

Sorry but this made me laugh when I first saw it.

Hopefully, it pays off for the young lad!

yeah i think it has :D

#24 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 10, 2009 - 04:50 PM

lets pick on sasha everybody, let us as LAKERS FANS kick the man when he is down
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#25 runoneuno

runoneuno

Rookie

• 786 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted March 10, 2009 - 05:26 PM

lets pick on sasha everybody, let us as LAKERS FANS kick the man when he is down

I'm sure the fans have been more than willing to deliver for Sasha now he needs to deliver for us. I'm sorry but I find very little relief in kowing that Sasha explored other options when he was a free agent, got his multi million dollar contract with the team he wanted to play for and is not the knock down shooter we expect him to be. Kick him down indeed, he's a man and he should man up. No excuses. Sasha wanted to show the world he could play second to Kobe but instead he works on a website and chokes. No interviews, no sense of urgency or being hard on himself like last season.. that doesn't show heart, that shows laziness.

#26 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted March 10, 2009 - 05:26 PM

yeah i think it has :D

okkk.. stop bumping Sasha threads. <_<

#27 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 05:30 PM

lakers first, sasha 1005th. he sucks, why people love him is beyond me. ill kick him when hes up to bring him back down.

people like him need to know hes below bench. when he gets high like he belongs on the team, its our job to let him know hes not anything of importance.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#28 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 05:55 PM

okkk.. stop bumping Sasha threads. <_<

we got a problem?! [img]http://forums.projec...ies/violent.gif[/img

jk dont ban me

Edited by wong63, March 10, 2009 - 05:57 PM.

#29 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 06:00 PM

This is great to hear, I don't wanna see him rest now that he got a new contract, I wanna see an even better MACHINE this year.

Imadogg = owned by Sasha's suckiness :(

#30 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted March 10, 2009 - 06:01 PM

Imadogg = owned by Sasha's suckiness :(

You still got hope. :o

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#31 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 10, 2009 - 06:08 PM

Pretty depressing.

#32 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 06:24 PM

sashas best play is also in the offseason
Posted Image

#33 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 10, 2009 - 06:27 PM

ACTULLAY WHAT WERE NOT REALISING IS LUKE WAS INJURED THE YEAR BEFORE LAST YEAR THIS SEASON WAS INJURED ALL OVER HIS BODY BUT STILL PLAYED I THINK LUKE WILLHAVE A BETTER SEASON NEXT SEASON

Of course one of the main problem is he is about as durable as a wet tissue paper...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#34 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted March 10, 2009 - 06:33 PM

Thats all I need to hear :sasha:

Same here. Let's hope Sash can play some better ball soon.

Made By Vaporize

#35 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 07:59 PM

My thing is dont all u educated fans realize that sasha's role has been diminished. he isnt the sixth man anymore, thats Ariza's gig. And Ariza isnt playing any better than sasha right now. look I know that it seems like Sasha is a contract player, but how can u judge a guy that trys to play his hardest and comes up short. i mean the guy didnt start calling himself "the machine", it was Joel and Stu, last year when he scored 17 in 17 minutes, then the next game he got a number of rebounds and the name stuck. I think the negative energy can stick with players. hen we lose its NEVER sasha's fault. maybe Kobe, Lamar, or Pau, but never Sasha. In fact i would say that lately Sasha has been the best off the bench. Ariza and farmar are ball hogs. Futhermore Ariza yelled at sasha earlier this season IN THE GAME, and maybe Sasha is thinking out there instead of playing. But I get it, since JERRY brought the guy back instead of Ronny( I guess we would have only 8 losses if Turiaf was here), people want him to fail, so that they can say Mitch was wrong. Sasha is cool, he still keeps defenses honest. Plus a lot of shooters numbers are down this year. we saw Ray Allen, completely disappear for two rounds of the playoffs and he's the best shooter in the NBA(maybe), so I think if we stay positive, Sasha will reemerge. But he could not be the player he was last year, b/c of the role change
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#36 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 10, 2009 - 08:06 PM

He just needs to AT LEAST put the ball in the basket more frequently. That's the least we ask of him and what he's required to do. Doesn't matter what your role is. Shots are shots. It's not like all of his misses have been tough or contested. The guy is missing OPEN shots. Doesn't matter what you're 'role' is when that's the case.

#37 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 08:24 PM

He just needs to AT LEAST put the ball in the basket more frequently. That's the least we ask of him and what he's required to do. Doesn't matter what your role is. Shots are shots. It's not like all of his misses have been tough or contested. The guy is missing OPEN shots. Doesn't matter what you're 'role' is when that's the case.

Agreed, but you know that it isnt that cut and dry

#38 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted March 10, 2009 - 08:48 PM

My thing is dont all u educated fans realize that sasha's role has been diminished. he isnt the sixth man anymore, thats Ariza's gig. And Ariza isnt playing any better than sasha right now. look I know that it seems like Sasha is a contract player, but how can u judge a guy that trys to play his hardest and comes up short. i mean the guy didnt start calling himself "the machine", it was Joel and Stu, last year when he scored 17 in 17 minutes, then the next game he got a number of rebounds and the name stuck. I think the negative energy can stick with players. hen we lose its NEVER sasha's fault. maybe Kobe, Lamar, or Pau, but never Sasha. In fact i would say that lately Sasha has been the best off the bench. Ariza and farmar are ball hogs. Futhermore Ariza yelled at sasha earlier this season IN THE GAME, and maybe Sasha is thinking out there instead of playing. But I get it, since JERRY brought the guy back instead of Ronny( I guess we would have only 8 losses if Turiaf was here), people want him to fail, so that they can say Mitch was wrong. Sasha is cool, he still keeps defenses honest. Plus a lot of shooters numbers are down this year. we saw Ray Allen, completely disappear for two rounds of the playoffs and he's the best shooter in the NBA(maybe), so I think if we stay positive, Sasha will reemerge. But he could not be the player he was last year, b/c of the role change

Thank you. Thank you. I am so happy that there is someone else here who:

A. Knows it's a different role and that he wont be the same player he was last year

B. Knows he shouldn't be blamed for losses

(Although this one isn't as serious)C. Knows he didn't call himself the machine( when people say he called himself the machine, I get really mad)
Posted Image

#39 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,213 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 11, 2009 - 10:51 AM

I just wanna see Sasha swish those 3s again...

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Cavy Music

#40 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted March 11, 2009 - 10:58 AM

''Uneducated fans'' we are... Someone tell him to relax.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users