LAKERFANSOUTH

Rookie

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Fav. Laker:JAVARIS CRITTENTON

Posted July 24, 2008 - 02:14 PM

LakerFansouth (Orgins)
Category: Sports

I thought that this might be a good time to let you in on why I feel I am VA's1 Lakers fan, my history as a Lakers fan and the goal of the movement. This will be done in blog and bulletin form. It will be broken down into parts. I hope that those who are friends and family before this myspace venture can get a better understanding of why I am the way I am.

Origin:

When I was very young my parents were in the middle of a divorce, but lived very close to each other, it was walking distance actually. Divorce is very hard on a young man, me myself I had a twin brother to share all of my life experiences with so could cope better than most. We stayed with my dad, and my father was never a sports guy he was a stickler for hard work and education. I was always overweight but felt like I could

Hang with the best of them in physical education at school.while not strong and agile,but

I enjoyed the the winning part of games as well as leading my group to a win. See when you grow up a Fat kid; you take what you can get, and I used to love being on top with the winning bunch, strategizing the win team work that was my [expletive].
Well one day when I was visiting my mom at my grand parents house she and one of the neighbors seemed to be engulfed in a basketball game that was on tv. While I did not know it then it was Game four of the 1987 NBA finals, when Magic stole the show with a Kareem skyhook. I was too young to know the magnitude of what happened when it happened but I knew the way I felt when it happened. Being with those grownups, nobody explaining anything to me, nobody moving. Just literally on the edge of their seats and then the uproar of the 2 adults and the joy of victory sweeping over me was something I relished. The picture of Magic and the joy on his face, as well as the those soaked purple and gold jerseys is embedded in my mind till this day. Honestly the food tasted better , the air was fresher and water was sweeter that day. When I walked home that night noticed Lakers hats on heads and in the back windows of cars that all were probably their before but until that point I never noticed. There was a baled purple and gold basket ball in someones yard that I always saw and passed. I stole that ball; and that day,that moment began my Life of Infamy as a fanatic of the Los Angeles Lakers

#2 Black Sheep

Black Sheep

God

• 3,749 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 24, 2008 - 02:33 PM

welcome :rolleyes:

#3 Jee

Jee

♚ ROOKIE ©

• 579 posts