#22 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,924 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 22, 2009 - 07:39 PM

If we're trading away Andrew Bynum, then perhaps I'd like to keep Odom.

I still think that Ariza is the better fit for what we are planning to do long-term.

Ariza, to me, looks much more likely to develop into a multi-faceted scorer, as his jump shot has already improved a lot in the time since he's been with the team.

Odom hasn't really shown us anything new, other than for the first time as a Laker, he's playing like a maniac for 3 weeks straight.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#23 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 22, 2009 - 07:46 PM

If we're trading away Andrew Bynum, then perhaps I'd like to keep Odom.

I still think that Ariza is the better fit for what we are planning to do long-term.

Ariza, to me, looks much more likely to develop into a multi-faceted scorer, as his jump shot has already improved a lot in the time since he's been with the team.

Odom hasn't really shown us anything new, other than for the first time as a Laker, he's playing like a maniac for 3 weeks straight.

Odom has always been consistent on Rebounding, defense, and handling the ball. His inconsistency comes mostly from his scoring, which was dreadful when we only had Kobe as the main scorer, but irrelevant now that we have tons of scorers.

It's very easy to find athletic 3's who can play defense and shoot a bit. They are everywhere, and there will be even more options with this economy preventing teams from offering ridiculous contracts.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#24 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 22, 2009 - 08:09 PM

Odom has always been consistent on Rebounding, defense, and handling the ball. His inconsistency comes mostly from his scoring, which was dreadful when we only had Kobe as the main scorer, but irrelevant now that we have tons of scorers.

It's very easy to find athletic 3's who can play defense and shoot a bit. They are everywhere, and there will be even more options with this economy preventing teams from offering ridiculous contracts.

Agree. He becomes passive on offense at times or at least he did in past and that was knock on him. He plays hard, he rebounds well and plays decent D (at least for a Laker). Still mad about the D tonight from all of them though I will say this Minnesota couldn't shoot like that again if they had me and four other fat old men guarding them.

#25 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted February 22, 2009 - 08:16 PM

I hate to see either go. But my answer is the same as from last season. LO LO LO. Even if it's from the time we just lost AB this season, it's still LO.

#26 COUNTEReFX

COUNTEReFX

Rookie

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted February 25, 2009 - 03:21 PM

I've been seeing a lot of Odom or Ariza threads in other laker forums and I know everyone is leaning towards keeping Odom. I feel the same way, but what are the chances of keeping both??? I'd hate to see talent like Trevors on a different team. I thought all the moves we have been making this month was to free up space to sign both???

#27 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,439 posts

Posted February 25, 2009 - 03:31 PM

Odom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users