#101 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,449 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 05, 2014 - 09:47 PM

Is Hunter X Hunter any good? It was created by the same guy that created one of, if not my favorite, animes in Yu Yu Hakusho. 

#102 Rurouni

Rurouni

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 06, 2014 - 02:53 AM

Is Hunter X Hunter any good? It was created by the same guy that created one of, if not my favorite, animes in Yu Yu Hakusho. 

It's good. The only problem right now if you're following the anime is that on the latest arc it try to stretch the scene/story/arc. By stretching I don't mean adding unnecessary story, but more about slowing the pace way down by lots of inner dialogs or stuff along the line. Before the latest arc, the pace was very good, probably because It's a remake that go further(?) than previous anime adaptation. Basically I get used to the fast pace of this anime then suddenly it slowed down, which is disappointing.
It's a bit more serious than YH and more violent even if the main character is a kid.

#103 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,501 posts

Posted August 14, 2014 - 02:50 PM

I'm sure you'll like it; especially with what happened in the last completed arc.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I'm looking forward to this movie. Very interesting.

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, August 15, 2014 - 01:34 PM.

MMiRi9s.png

#104 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,170 posts

Posted September 02, 2014 - 08:53 PM

If you guys have netflix Gurren Lagann is streaming now.  :rock:

hR3rI.png

#105 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,501 posts

Posted September 03, 2014 - 09:53 AM

They even have Ghost in the Shell: Arise!

Netflix is killing me right now.

MMiRi9s.png

#106 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,382 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted September 03, 2014 - 06:41 PM

I watch the usuals
One piece, fairy tail
I picked up aldonoah zero and argegollem

I read them too, one piece is a lot better in the manga
I can't wait for assassination classroom anime :D

Edited by flota, September 03, 2014 - 06:42 PM.

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#107 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Rookie

• 789 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 04, 2014 - 07:18 PM

I love anime/manga.

Waiting for, Naruto to end or timeskip

Jinbe to join the Straw hats

Shin to become a great general under the heavens (Kingdom)

Cowboy Bebop live action film

Only annoying thing about HxH is how many hiatuses the author goes on, but I get it, he's old. But it does leave you to wonder how certain storylines and plot points would've turned out if he was writing it at a constant pace yearly, like Oda and Kishimoto.

Edited by RickyStarFox, September 04, 2014 - 07:21 PM.

#108 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,376 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 07:22 PM

Not much of an anime guy, but I did manage to finish S1 (English dub) of Sword Art Online a week or so ago. 

#109 RickyStarFox

RickyStarFox

Rookie

• 789 posts
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted September 04, 2014 - 07:29 PM

Not much of an anime guy, but I did manage to finish S1 (English dub) of Sword Art Online a week or so ago. 

You should give Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood a try next, one of the best series ever imo.

#110 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,376 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 07:47 PM

You should give Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood a try next, one of the best series ever imo.

Thanks for the suggestion! I probably would get hooked on it pretty easily haha. I'd watch it if it was <20 episodes. Otherwise I binge watch, which probably isn't the best thing to do with college course load lol. 

#111 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,501 posts

Posted September 04, 2014 - 11:43 PM

Blegh, SAO. 

Watch Perfect Blue; great movie. Then Jin Roh; then Black Lagoon.

------------------------------------------

Only annoying thing about HxH is how many hiatuses the author goes on, but I get it, he's old. But it does leave you to wonder how certain storylines and plot points would've turned out if he was writing it at a constant pace yearly, like Oda and Kishimoto.

cTjyyyx.png

The internet is an amazing yet frightening place.

Edited by Disaster in Paradise, September 05, 2014 - 01:17 AM.

MMiRi9s.png

#112 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,170 posts

Posted September 10, 2014 - 11:12 PM

b3H40pV.gif

hR3rI.png

#113 WZRD

WZRD

The Underachiever

• 1,752 posts
  • Fan Since:mid 90's
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted September 11, 2014 - 09:39 PM

bruh, for real hunter x hunter is amazing. character development and makes you sympathise with 'evil' characters - so good

zombie

#114 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,809 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted September 11, 2014 - 10:23 PM

I love anime/manga.

Waiting for, Naruto to end or timeskip

Jinbe to join the Straw hats

Shin to become a great general under the heavens (Kingdom)

Cowboy Bebop live action film

I gave up reading Naruto like a year back, along with Bleach. I think the author was sick for like two weeks or something and the story was super stale. Randomly checked out the newest chapter yesterday and Sasuke is still derping it up and making life miserable for everyone else. One Piece is getting good again, Dressrosa arc is pretty solid and this Doflamingo fight should be tight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently I started reading a manga that I put off for a good two years so that I'd have more to read: Billy Bat. It's like a Sci-Fi History Mystery I guess, really unique work. Naoki Urasawa is straight up the best manga author in the world in my opinion. So far I've read 4 of his series and all four of them have been amazing. Monster, 20th Century Boys, and Pluto were all great great reads. His character development is amazing, stories have tons of suspense and interesting plots, and he's a master storyteller. Billy Bat might be his best work yet, which is crazy as Monster was easily in the top 5 of all manga I've ever read.

Give Billy Bat (and all his other works) a try, such an amazing series: http://www.thespectr...manga_Billy-Bat

#115 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,382 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted September 12, 2014 - 06:40 PM

Watch straight jacket, pretty awesome.
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users