last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,073 posts

Posted February 21, 2009 - 09:30 PM

Here's the criteria from what it seems

1. Need to be in a top 5 team in the league

2. Personal stats

3. Strength of your teammates

They are both tied for 1 and 2. LeBron has edge in assists, but Kobe is the more well rounded scorer. Category 3 ices it for LeBron.

To me, Dwight Howard should be tied in there, but there is a strong bias towards offensive players. Dwight's offense isn't good enough, even though his defense is Godly.

thats the thing though whose to judge the strength of teammates

now obviously kobe has the better sidekick no question

but whose team is taylored more perfectly for their skill sets

i would still argue kobe but you could make an arguement lebron is surrounded by outstanding defensive players, rebounders, and shooters

for a guy with his skill set thats better IMO than putting a sidekick next to him

but again as you said kobe has gasol which is a damaging thing in terms of the MVP race because he has played so well

but again i would put

lebron
kobe
dwight
tim duncan

right now

i do think the cavs will fade when lebron hits a cold streak because they are just relying so heavily on him right now i mean he doesn't go for 55 last night they lose the basketball game

lebron is great but he aint god he will have a cold streak

now the criteria you gave is how i would judge it but sadly i think its become 1 thing

media attention

last season the award was chris's until we got gasol all of a sudden the spotlight was on LA. everyone was watching therefore all the voters had their eyes on kobe

this season lebron is going off therefore the media is watching him and rightfully so because so am i but team wise can they sustain that media attention. when lebrons average that team is god awful to watch.

the only way kobe has a shot is if the lakers go on some ridiculous winning streak and kobe plays like kobe during that streak because in that situation media will be all over us

if that doesn't happen and cleveland keeps going no question lebron deserves it

we'll see though as last year taught us this award can come down to one game

its obvious that lakers vs. hornets game won kobe the award
Posted Image

#22 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 21, 2009 - 09:34 PM

Remember, Shaq should have won more than 1 MVP award in his career, but having another MVP candidate in Kobe ruined it for him.

The same will happen this season with Pau ruining it for Kobe...especially with Pau putting up bigger numbers due to Bynum's injury.

It's a travesty that Tim Duncan is rarely mentioned, and even more that Billups has revived the Nuggets franchise from being about to blown up to a legit playoff contender (that's arguable). Remember, the Nuggets traded Camby for nothing, and Melo has been hurt most of the season. Yet the nuggets are 3rd in the West.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#23 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,073 posts

Posted February 21, 2009 - 09:39 PM

Remember, Shaq should have won more than 1 MVP award in his career, but having another MVP candidate in Kobe ruined it for him.

The same will happen this season with Pau ruining it for Kobe...especially with Pau putting up bigger numbers due to Bynum's injury.

It's a travesty that Tim Duncan is rarely mentioned, and even more that Billups has revived the Nuggets franchise from being about to blown up to a legit playoff contender (that's arguable). Remember, the Nuggets traded Camby for nothing, and Melo has been hurt most of the season. Yet the nuggets are 3rd in the West.

thats true about shaq and thats the reality of it but the idea of the award does allow for that penalty to make sense

MVP=most valuable player

well yeah you can argue if lebron or kobe got hurt their teams would both suck

but if the cavs lost mo williams they wouldn't be contenders but they wouldn't suck

if the lakers lost gasol well we know what that looks like

its not really how valuable you are to your team its how valuable your teammates are to your team
Posted Image

#24 R0S4l3S<3

R0S4l3S<3

DSG FO LYFE!

• 2,147 posts
  • Name:Ashley
  • Fan Since:born laker fan!!!
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE all da way

Posted February 21, 2009 - 09:55 PM

I guess I have to agree with that. But it looks like that this year, its going to be different.
Lakers 72-10=Kobe MVP :D

ohhh yeaaa!!!
MJ's LoveChild :clap: ftw!!
Posted Image
"JUST SAY SHOOT" KOBE GOES IT ALL THE WAY"
"BEHIND EVERY SUCCESSFUL PERSON, LIES A TON OF HATERS"

#25 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted February 21, 2009 - 11:03 PM

At this rate, LeBron will probably win it. He's got the team record and stats.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users