39 replies to this topic

#21 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted February 21, 2009 - 12:16 PM

Yes really.

Kobe scored his points more conservatively while LeBron made some unbelievable shots.

Note: Giving props to a player besides Kobe won't make your skin burn.

Instead of just acknowledging LeBron's ridiculous performance people have to blow it off like it's no big deal and bring Kobe into the equation when it isn't necessary. Just a bunch of bitterness for no reason.

The reason people say the day Kobe retires will be one of the worst days of their life is because they don't know how to appreciate the game, they just appreciate Kobe.

Edited by Heir, February 21, 2009 - 12:18 PM.

Basketball Reasons...

#22 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,466 posts

Posted February 21, 2009 - 12:34 PM

Fans getting butt-hurt so they have to mention Kobe. Figures....

Kobe scored more in MSG but this performance by LeBron was more spectacular.

ye true..MSG was pretty dope

but this was RIDICULOUS

bw1wOGf.png

#23 purple_and_gold_fever

purple_and_gold_fever

Sixth Man

• 3,806 posts

Posted February 21, 2009 - 12:52 PM

Fans getting butt-hurt so they have to mention Kobe. Figures....

Kobe scored more in MSG but this performance by LeBron was more spectacular.

cuz we all denied this was spectacular right? :unsure:

#24 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted February 21, 2009 - 01:01 PM

:dance1:

The reason people say the day Kobe retires will be one of the worst days of their life is because they don't know how to appreciate the game, they just appreciate Kobe.

That's a hugely flawed argument... that's just like saying "The reason people say the day their best friend dies will be one of the worst days of their life is because they don't know how to appreciate other people, they just appreciate their best friend."

If you have followed Kobe from day 1 as I have, and you have seen him grow, he becomes your number 1 guy... how could you not understand the sadness that we will feel?

As for LBJ, I totally agree with you. People are afraid to give prop where it's due. Kobe's still the better player. :)

#25 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,758 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 21, 2009 - 01:19 PM

That was ridiculous. LeBron was in the zone like when Kobe scored 81, just amazing.

#26 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted February 21, 2009 - 02:01 PM

i love kobe and lebron about the same

but i am sick of people telling other people they are inferior because they protect kobe(in their minds) by dismissing lebron

say what you want but there are several if not all cleveland fans doing the exact same thing for lebron every time kobe gets props

its fine to be a fan of kobe and its fine to defend him and its fine to not like lebron because hes a challenge to kobes legacy

this is a laker fansite i don't get the issue with defending kobe

this is not a lebron hate site i understand and i love watching him and think that performance was the performance of the year

but the hating on fans for defending kobe is absurd
Posted Image

#27 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted February 21, 2009 - 03:02 PM

Yes really.

Kobe scored his points more conservatively while LeBron made some unbelievable shots.

Instead of just acknowledging LeBron's ridiculous performance people have to blow it off like it's no big deal and bring Kobe into the equation when it isn't necessary. Just a bunch of bitterness for no reason.

I strongly Disagree...

Kobe Bryant 61 point performance was better than LeBrons performance against the Bucks...

we give Props to LeBron but he is not on Kobes Level...

and it will be a sad day when Kobe retires because he is the best right now wouldn't you say? I know I'll be devastated cause Kobe Bryant is my idol followed him since day 1

Edited by m4mb4 24, February 21, 2009 - 03:08 PM.

Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#28 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted February 21, 2009 - 04:02 PM

Yes really.

I agree that we don't have to always bring up Kobe, or say [expletive] like "omg Kobe's other performance was better!!!" It's stupid

#29 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted February 21, 2009 - 05:57 PM

I really don't understand the whole Kobe love/Lebron hate dilemma. They are two unbelievable athletes who deserve all the praise they get.

Reminds me of the phrase: "Falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean we have to break up with Jordan."

Same thing with Kobe and Lebron. I remember all the misplaced hate put on Kobe back then, when they called him Jordan's heir. People were afraid that their beloved player was going to be overshadowed by someone else. Same thing is happening now with Kobe and Lebron.

Give credit where credit is due. James is a phenomenal athlete and basketball player, and he will continue to get better, maybe even better than Kobe. If that happens, so be it, don't hate on the dude just for that reason. If he was a Laker, you'd feel a lot different, but since he isn't, Laker fans just hate on him and downplay his performances.

Edited by AkademikONE, February 21, 2009 - 05:59 PM.

#30 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 21, 2009 - 05:59 PM

Those layups are more or less easy for him, but the threes...the threes were just insane, simply amazing.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#31 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted February 21, 2009 - 06:05 PM

Those deep pull-up threes were insane. That was a damn great performance.

#32 lbj23witness

lbj23witness

Rookie

• 38 posts

Posted February 21, 2009 - 07:34 PM

Great performance, he was in the zone like when Kobe scored 81.

#33 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted February 21, 2009 - 07:43 PM

I really don't understand the whole Kobe love/Lebron hate dilemma. They are two unbelievable athletes who deserve all the praise they get.

Reminds me of the phrase: "Falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean we have to break up with Jordan."

Same thing with Kobe and Lebron. I remember all the misplaced hate put on Kobe back then, when they called him Jordan's heir. People were afraid that their beloved player was going to be overshadowed by someone else. Same thing is happening now with Kobe and Lebron.

Give credit where credit is due. James is a phenomenal athlete and basketball player, and he will continue to get better, maybe even better than Kobe. If that happens, so be it, don't hate on the dude just for that reason. If he was a Laker, you'd feel a lot different, but since he isn't, Laker fans just hate on him and downplay his performances.

I don't even gotta respond to those other posts. You expressed the point I was trying to make in a better way.
Basketball Reasons...

#34 ez24

ez24

Back To Back?

• 1,506 posts
  • Fan Since:99-00 Brothers would watch them play and I followed
  • Fav. Laker:Trevor Ariza, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 21, 2009 - 08:11 PM

WTH!!!!

LOL how in the heck did he make some of those shots?!!??
idk kobe has made crazy shots but probably none like this
:worthy:

p.s. starting to like lebron since seeing him play on the usa team
Im still a Trevor Ariza Fan, Thanks For The Championship.

#35 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,424 posts

Posted February 21, 2009 - 08:28 PM

I'm glad I have heir and lakerfool around to check my Kobe insecurities. Now I can fully appreciate Lebron's spectacular performance. No more getting butt-hurt. Thanks, guys.

#36 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted February 21, 2009 - 08:33 PM

I'm glad I have heir and lakerfool around to check my Kobe insecurities. Now I can fully appreciate Lebron's spectacular performance. No more getting butt-hurt. Thanks, guys.

exactly i agree with heir and lakerfool that the constant defensiveness is unecessary but it is also unecessary to constantly attempt to call laker fans out because cleveland fans do the same thing for lebron yet neither lakerfool nor heir calls them out

you got to look at both sides

and both lakerfool and heir know i love lebron as much as the next guy but constantly ripping laker fans for being defensive when it comes to kobe is ridiculous

this is a laker fansite go to a cavs fansite and see how they act towards lebron
Posted Image

#37 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted February 21, 2009 - 09:15 PM

IMO the kobe/lebron debate grew stronger because Kobe has alot to be hated on....lebron? Just pure love fest.

#38 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted February 21, 2009 - 09:21 PM

^^^ lebron to his credit has stayed away from crazy white girls

kobes at complete fault for that situation

now do i think its over with and people should forgive him? yes

but do i think it was his fault? yes

besides kobe is not that hated he has the #1 jersey sales in the world

lebron is fresh hes new

kobes been around 13 years go back and watch the media towards kobe 7, 8 years ago it was lovefest

people who are truly great begin to set the bar so high that they begin to disappoint and people stop getting excited about

lebron will have it to hes brand new but 6 years from now the media will be loving some other guy while giving lebron his props but being used to him

its media
Posted Image

#39 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted February 21, 2009 - 10:53 PM

Amazing performance by LeBron.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#40 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,002 posts

Posted February 21, 2009 - 10:57 PM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users