#1 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted February 19, 2009 - 11:23 AM

http://realgm.com/sr..._hof_potential/

Lamar Odom was very impressed with what he saw from Golden State's Anthony Randolph on Wednesday night and saw a lot of himself in the rookie's game.

"It's like looking in the mirror a little," Odom said of Randolph. "He's also 6-11, he's left-handed and he can put the ball on the floor. He's two times as athletic as I was at that age.

"He should set his goals high. He has All-Star potential, Hall of Fame potential, with that size, his ability to put the ball on the floor, he can shoot the three, he can pass. If he stays focused, the sky is the limit for him."

I feel sorry for this kid. He's got a huge upside, but is playing for that idiot Nelson who'd rather have a lineup with 4 swingmen. They either need to get rid of Nellie (it's not like they're getting anywhere with him anyways, over 30 years of coaching in the NBA and not so much as an NBA finals in his resume), or move this guy to a team that will put his talents to good use.

#2 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 19, 2009 - 06:25 PM

^ how can u say that about Don Nelson...he is a great coach, and you are just a blogger. but i hate that odom said that aboutthe kid, So many guys(like LO) have the God-given talents to be all-stars or even Hall of famers, but careers include injuries, f*** ups, and bad teamamtes that can derail that. Its like how everyone expects LO to be the best player in the world, or those who expect rasheed wallace. Sometimes its not abou talent, its about skills. The difference is rasheed and Tim, one has talent, the other has skills
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#3 elpermic

elpermic

Rookie

• 1,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:worthy, kobe, magic

Posted February 19, 2009 - 07:36 PM

Sheed had the talent and the skills to be the best player in the league, he just didn't put in the work..

I'd plow Vanessa Bryant.

#4 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted February 20, 2009 - 12:37 AM

Am I the only one that thinks this topic's title has a very perverted double meaning?

-_- Someone had to say it right? Lol

On topic, I like Randolph, but I think it's too early to consider him a hall of famer lol. But he's got talent
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#5 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted February 20, 2009 - 12:44 AM

He has a lot of potential. Probably not Hall of Fame but then again you never know.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#6 A_V_R

A_V_R

A firm disbeliever in your punch clock promise

• 394 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted February 20, 2009 - 01:59 AM

hahaha out of context i read

"Odom sees himself in Randolph

'I feel sorry for this kid.' " hahha

Thats all I have to contribute.

#7 Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles

Bile

• 280 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Byron Scott

Posted February 20, 2009 - 02:11 AM

^ how can u say that about Don Nelson...he is a great coach, and you are just a blogger.

The fact that he's a blogger doesn't have anything to do with whether or not Nellie is a good coach. He's a solid regular season coach, but what has he ever done? Not sure where anyone ever got the idea he was a great coach.

He has a winning percentage of .567. That's pretty good, but nothing spectacular. He also plays a style that has no hope of winning in the playoffs. Everyone knows it except him it seems. He was a better coach in his earlier days, but his last coach of the year award was in 1991.

Edited by Savory Griddles, February 20, 2009 - 02:13 AM.

#8 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted February 20, 2009 - 02:29 AM

^ how can u say that about Don Nelson...he is a great coach, and you are just a blogger.

Actually I'm not a blogger, just a guy on a forum. But what I say is tame compared to what I hear up here in the bay area on sports radio by the hosts and fans. They rip him a new one, especially about his refusal to give Randolph playing time. Everyone up here wants him out, and I can see why. Don't really care too much about the Warriors, but I just hate to see talent waste away because of bad coaching.

but i hate that odom said that aboutthe kid, So many guys(like LO) have the God-given talents to be all-stars or even Hall of famers, but careers include injuries, f*** ups, and bad teamamtes that can derail that. Its like how everyone expects LO to be the best player in the world, or those who expect rasheed wallace. Sometimes its not abou talent, its about skills. The difference is rasheed and Tim, one has talent, the other has skills

And I don't even understand how this is relevant. All Odom said is that he see himself in Randolph, and that he will probably be a great player in the league.

Haha yea and I thought the title sounded a bit dirty too, and was even going to put in the topic description "get your minds out of the gutter", but I figured if I didn't mention it, then maybe your minds won't go that way.

#9 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted February 20, 2009 - 03:00 AM

You dirty people, usually I'm thinking nasty but I didn't this time. I just thought Odom was saying he's a thug like Zach Randolph.

Nellie is too old to be coaching anymore anyways.

#10 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted February 20, 2009 - 02:15 PM

Hall of fame potential already? Whoah whoah whoah, slow down there buddy boy LO. I know you used the word potential, but still, let's not go that far, lol.

#11 ez24

ez24

Back To Back?

• 1,506 posts
  • Fan Since:99-00 Brothers would watch them play and I followed
  • Fav. Laker:Trevor Ariza, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 21, 2009 - 04:01 PM

LO for Randolph and Crawford FTW!

dang too bad the trade line is done
lol jk
but that would be some funny stuff
Im still a Trevor Ariza Fan, Thanks For The Championship.

#12 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 21, 2009 - 11:06 PM

Sheed had the talent and the skills to be the best player in the league, he just didn't put in the work..

Sheed is severely underrated. Although the stats don't show it, he's much more valuable than one would think. He's extremely unselfish and unobsessed with statistics. That's the major knock on him, not laziness.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users