11 replies to this topic

#1 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted February 18, 2009 - 08:29 PM

The New Orleans Hornets decided to trade Tyson Chandler to clear some cap space and add depth to the frontcourt. They'll have to go back to the drawing board.

The Hornets announced on Wednesday that the Oklahoma City Thunder did not medically clear the center and therefore rescinded the trade. Chandler would have gone to the Thunder for forwards Chris Wilcox and Joe Smith.

"We welcome Tyson back with open arms," Hornets general manager Jeff Bower said in a statement. "We went into this trade to garner more frontcourt depth to add to our team as we continue our push towards the playoffs. We expect Tyson and the rest of our big guys to step up to the challenge."

Chandler, who is averaging 8.8 points and 8.3 rebounds this season, has been bothered by foot problems and has played in only 32 games. He is set to make $12.3 million next season.

http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=3917505

Bleeding purple & gold...

#2 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted February 18, 2009 - 08:30 PM

Will they try to do another trade?
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#3 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted February 18, 2009 - 08:31 PM

I was gonna post this since I got a txt from ESPN but, you beat me to the punch
Posted Image

#4 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted February 18, 2009 - 08:52 PM

I don't understand why the Thunder would do this, the trade was extremely in their favor. Maybe they saw something in the physical that forced them to rescind the trade, but other then that I can't think of anything that would make them turn back this trade.

Made By Vaporize

#5 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted February 18, 2009 - 09:00 PM

lol thats pretty funny

no one is happier than cp3 right now

bw1wOGf.png

#6 purple_and_gold_fever

purple_and_gold_fever

Sixth Man

• 3,814 posts

Posted February 18, 2009 - 10:12 PM

If I were Tyson, I'd be a little peeved off. Why would I want to play for a team that just traded me but only took me back because the other team rejected me?

#7 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 18, 2009 - 10:39 PM

so he has injury issues. Good luck handling him NO

Edited by MDI, February 18, 2009 - 10:39 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#8 Vibe

Vibe

On top of the world

• 149 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 18, 2009 - 11:33 PM

I dont get it..unless he is in a major health issue like career ending stuff why would u not want him ??...unbelievable all that joy just wasted....buck u thunders.

#9 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted February 19, 2009 - 12:14 AM

Haha going back to the team that tried to trade him. :lol:

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#10 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted February 19, 2009 - 01:15 AM

he on drugs or somethin?

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#11 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,423 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 19, 2009 - 07:30 AM

Tyson Chandler missed the New Orleans Hornets' last 12 games before the All-Star break with a sprained left ankle. But that had nothing to do with why he failed his physical with the Oklahoma City Thunder and was thus sent back to the Hornets on Wednesday.

After examining Chandler's left big toe, Dr. Carlan Yates, Oklahoma City's team physician, determined that the risk of re-injury was too great to give Chandler a clean bill of health. He therefore advised the Thunder to rescind Tuesday's trade that landed them Chandler for Joe Smith, Chris Wilcox and the rights to Devon Hardin.

"This is absolutely crazy," Chandler said in a telephone conversation Wednesday night. "I'm super shocked. This is nuts."

Chandler, 26, was baffled by Yates' ruling in part because Yates performed surgery on Chandler's big left toe in April of 2007 when the Hornets were playing in Oklahoma City. Chandler played 79 games the following season and while he's missed 19 games this season, none have been because of his toe.

"He said he doesn't know how long I'll last," Chandler said in reference to Yates. "He told me, 'I have no doubt you can play on it. I'm just saying it could take a turn for the worse if you come down on somebody's foot or hyperextend it or something.'"

Chandler was bothered by the toe in last season's playoffs and withdrew from Team USA over the summer.

While Chandler, who said he feels no pain in the toe, was disturbed by the Thunder's decision, his Hornets teammates will undoubtedly be excited by his return. The players, most notably All-Stars Chris Paul and David West, did not hide their disappointment over management's decision to trade Chandler, especially in a move that was clearly about finances rather than basketball.

article

#12 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted February 20, 2009 - 02:17 PM

That's too bad. Rescinding FTL.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users