657 replies to this topic

#501 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,325 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted December 08, 2010 - 01:38 PM

Next time you get the blue screen of death write down the stop code and google it. It could be anything from incompatible driver to hardware failure.

I'm pretty sure i know the problem. My motherboard fan is half messed up and doesn't cool it too well. So i can't really have lots of progs open at the same time. Cleaning up my system seems to have stopped my web browser crashes and systems runs a lot faster too. 

#502 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts
  • Name:Spooky
  • Fan Since:88'

Posted December 08, 2010 - 01:52 PM

You mean your CPU fan? Just buy a new one bruh.

#503 har8124kb

har8124kb

Rookie

• 192 posts
  • Name:har8124kb
  • Fan Since:magic johnson days
  • Fav. Laker:magic, ron harper, kb dfish

Posted December 17, 2010 - 10:43 PM

As an added experience working as tech rep w/ real computer insights, there's a lot of stuffs that's gonna cause BSOD. Run the diags or test partition mostly available on most systems for starters anyways. I have an HP and a MACBook and I'm luvin' the fruit branded gadget, hehe no offense

#504 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,022 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 24, 2011 - 07:05 PM

Does anyone know why my laptop will randomly just stop working. You can move around the cursor but everything is just frozen. You can't press Ctrl + Alt + Del to shutdown you can't do nothing but move around the cursor

So all I can do is shutdown the computer by holding on to the power button for a few seconds. Anyone know how to stop my computer from randomly freezing?

#505 Instigator

Instigator

Hall Of Fame

• 9,022 posts

Posted February 15, 2011 - 03:45 PM

Does anyone know how to disable certain keys on your keyboard? Like when you press the key (e.g. "F7" which mutes my computer) my computer does not mute when I am listening to a song. If anyone knows can you please tell me how to do it?

#506 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,987 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 28, 2011 - 08:28 PM

Can somebody help me out? I got an 17'' imac G5 and my logicboard needs replacing :( I believe its a 1.6. I don't have a lot of money, so where? Who? Can I take it to get it fixed? Or should I just go on craigslist and get another one? I live in Los Angeles/ Inglewood area in Cali. Thanks in advance
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#507 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted June 28, 2011 - 10:53 PM

Does anyone know why my laptop will randomly just stop working. You can move around the cursor but everything is just frozen. You can't press Ctrl + Alt + Del to shutdown you can't do nothing but move around the cursor

So all I can do is shutdown the computer by holding on to the power button for a few seconds. Anyone know how to stop my computer from randomly freezing?

Months later...

Hard to say...could be many things. Spyware/malware, viruses, lack of memory, memory going bad...could be anything, but I'm assuming things are good now.

Most people don't like to answer computer questions because a) it's a difficult subject to begin with, or b) they don't want to be responsible for tearing up your stuff. Also, those that DO know a lot about computers will look, for sure, but a lot of them would rather get paid for providing you with answers.

Does anyone know how to disable certain keys on your keyboard? Like when you press the key (e.g. "F7" which mutes my computer) my computer does not mute when I am listening to a song. If anyone knows can you please tell me how to do it?

Don't think you can. They are built in. You can probably disable ALL hotkeys in the registry, though, but I doubt you have an option for each individual hotkey.

Can somebody help me out? I got an 17'' imac G5 and my logicboard needs replacing :( I believe its a 1.6. I don't have a lot of money, so where? Who? Can I take it to get it fixed? Or should I just go on craigslist and get another one? I live in Los Angeles/ Inglewood area in Cali. Thanks in advance

If you don't have a lot of money, you're SOL. Those logic boards are tough to fix...could be a lot of things wrong, could be a break in the soldering, etc. I've heard of people sticking their logic board into the oven, for about five minutes at 200 degrees, and fixing them (guess it melts the solder, reconnects afterwards...don't know). I'd be scared to do it, haha.

A while back, I know people were fixing them for around $300...part + labor. I'm honestly not sure now...could be cheaper. I would take your G5 into an Apple store, in a mall, and ask them before you explore any other option.

#508 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,252 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted June 28, 2011 - 11:48 PM

I will be soon getting:
AMD phenom II x6 CPU
Gigabyte motherboard
Radeon HD 5770 or better
500w power supply
4 gb ddr3 ram
Any nice case I can find

Probably tonight or tomorrow. Right now I don't even have a computer to do homework on... This is being posted from my iPhone :(

I've had this set up since November, and it's still running flawless. I don't get what all this hate over AMD, and all the obsession over Intel is all about. I was in a budget, so I got the 6 core, 1055T AMD Processor, and I'm VERY happy with it. Gaming is a breeze with my graphics card.

My only concern is that my fans get very loud when I game. It's very common with an AMD to experience this, because of all the effort they put into their newer processors in order to not have the over heating problems that the old ones were notorious for. Nonetheless, I'll wait until I see a couple dollars of spending money and I'll get a more quiet case along with a better quality fan for my processor.

Who knows, I might just go ahead and install a liquid cooling system :whistle:

Edited by bigvee, June 28, 2011 - 11:48 PM.

#509 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted June 29, 2011 - 02:37 AM

Most people don't like to answer computer questions because a) it's a difficult subject to begin with, or b) they don't want to be responsible for tearing up your stuff. Also, those that DO know a lot about computers will look, for sure, but a lot of them would rather get paid for providing you with answers.

Don't think you can. They are built in. You can probably disable ALL hotkeys in the registry, though, but I doubt you have an option for each individual hotkey.

True :glasses: lol

N on the keys you actually probably have some preinstalled software that controls that from your manufacture. For example HP has one called Fast Keys I think. But it's usually in your system Trey and you can disable em through there or uninstall the program all together.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#510 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,876 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted July 02, 2011 - 03:47 PM

I've had this set up since November, and it's still running flawless. I don't get what all this hate over AMD, and all the obsession over Intel is all about. I was in a budget, so I got the 6 core, 1055T AMD Processor, and I'm VERY happy with it. Gaming is a breeze with my graphics card.

My only concern is that my fans get very loud when I game. It's very common with an AMD to experience this, because of all the effort they put into their newer processors in order to not have the over heating problems that the old ones were notorious for. Nonetheless, I'll wait until I see a couple dollars of spending money and I'll get a more quiet case along with a better quality fan for my processor.

Who knows, I might just go ahead and install a liquid cooling system :whistle:

which videocard did you end up getting?

Posted Image

#511 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,169 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted July 13, 2011 - 06:13 PM

this is pretty cool stuff:

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#512 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted July 21, 2011 - 08:21 PM

What have any of you done when you get error message "code 80070005" "Windows update encountered an unknown error"

won't let me install windows updates. thought it may have something to do with the norton firewall but when I temporarily disabled it...the update still wouldn't work.

and ideas?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#513 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,252 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted July 23, 2011 - 11:00 PM

which videocard did you end up getting?

ASUS Charged ATI RADEON HD 5770

Runs REALLY smooth. Might crossfire it soon but as of now I can handle pretty much any game

#514 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,876 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted July 24, 2011 - 06:28 AM

nice, i havea 5770 as well (sapphire vapor-x)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#515 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA

Posted July 24, 2011 - 06:41 AM

What have any of you done when you get error message "code 80070005" "Windows update encountered an unknown error"

won't let me install windows updates. thought it may have something to do with the norton firewall but when I temporarily disabled it...the update still wouldn't work.

and ideas?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Download the Fix It program and run it. Works everytime.

Posted Image

#516 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted August 07, 2011 - 08:17 PM

I have a common speaker problem... my friend re-formatted my computer and can't get my speakers to work? I tried control panel and nothing works...

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#517 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted August 07, 2011 - 08:19 PM

I have a common speaker problem... my friend re-formatted my computer and can't get my speakers to work? I tried control panel and nothing works...

Try updating/installing the drivers necessary.

Posted Image

#518 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,199 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted August 07, 2011 - 08:20 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Download the Fix It program and run it. Works everytime.

nope

tried that but it didn't work :eh:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#519 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,325 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted August 08, 2011 - 07:31 AM

Install the sound card drivers brah.

#520 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted August 09, 2011 - 06:56 AM

Thinking about picking up a Envy or Vaio soon

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users