The Official Computer Thread

• Please log in to reply
657 replies to this topic

#461 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted April 19, 2010 - 04:40 PM

I had to run antivirus yesterday, and today when I turned my laptop on, I got the blue screen of death.
...oh wait. :shifty:

We have Macs. :rock:

Posted Image

#462 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,504 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 19, 2010 - 05:25 PM

anyone every heard of maddox.xmission.com?

its some dude that just rants on everything, used to find him pretty funny years ago, not sure if thats still the case, but he's a random article he wrote about macs...lol

http://www.thebestpa...cgi?u=macs_cant

Posted Image

#463 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts
  • Name:Spooky
  • Fan Since:88'

Posted April 19, 2010 - 05:28 PM

^ :laughing: Nice find

Some of those sterotypes are spot on :laughing:

#464 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,504 posts

Posted April 19, 2010 - 08:17 PM

haha, yea, he can be pretty funny if you read some of the articles he's written on his site. pretty hit or miss, but i agree with him on a lot of things

Posted Image

#465 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,151 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted April 20, 2010 - 02:01 PM

hey jorge or LAforever, do you guys know how to make it so the mac does not need a password? i went to system prefs-> accts-> and left my password blank. but when i change my dock or anythin, it asks for a password. anyway to remove that password?

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#466 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted April 20, 2010 - 03:46 PM

hey jorge or LAforever, do you guys know how to make it so the mac does not need a password? i went to system prefs-> accts-> and left my password blank. but when i change my dock or anythin, it asks for a password. anyway to remove that password?

Don't have any other accounts. Mine logs me right in...

Posted Image

#467 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,151 posts

Posted April 20, 2010 - 05:17 PM

Don't have any other accounts. Mine logs me right in...

mine does too, but when i customize or something, it keeps asking for my PW. it gets annoying when i was trying out all these docks, it kept saying please put in your password if you want to edit your mac, or something like that.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#468 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,151 posts

Posted May 12, 2010 - 09:45 AM

whoo steam for mac today!

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#469 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,072 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted May 23, 2010 - 02:30 PM

Lakersnation.. I'm in need of some help.. I am running Mac OS X 10.4.11 1.8 GHz PowerPC G5.

I dig music 100% But I tried to wavepad to edit for sample uasge.. but it never opens.. It gives me its unable to open it... What am I doing wrong?
Posted Image

#470 Bynumite17

Bynumite17

Huh?

• 6,327 posts

Posted May 24, 2010 - 12:03 AM

mine does too, but when i customize or something, it keeps asking for my PW. it gets annoying when i was trying out all these docks, it kept saying please put in your password if you want to edit your mac, or something like that.

Yeah you have to keep entering your pw for verification.

Posted Image

#471 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,151 posts

Posted May 25, 2010 - 04:42 PM

apple's back to school special is going on until sept 7th if yu guys are interested

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#472 DosCuatro

DosCuatro

Rookie

• 206 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 08, 2010 - 10:19 AM

If anyone could it help, i want to build a pc. All i need it is for a ton of music. I want it to be fast, i want to be able to watch HD videos. I want it to run Photoshop and a few dozen big programs. What would be a good graphic card for it? i dont know much about pcs so being detailed would really help. i have like 800$ for a pc with a monitor. Thanky

#473 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

The Man With Double Picks

• 1,468 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Fan Since:My Birth
  • Fav. Laker:BlackMamba-Magic-Queensbridge

Posted August 09, 2010 - 12:22 PM

If anyone could it help, i want to build a pc. All i need it is for a ton of music. I want it to be fast, i want to be able to watch HD videos. I want it to run Photoshop and a few dozen big programs. What would be a good graphic card for it? i dont know much about pcs so being detailed would really help. i have like 800$ for a pc with a monitor. Thanky

I suggest you a Radeon HD 5770. It costs about 170$. Anyway, I got a 4800 Series and it works perfectly. Plus, it's cheaper. :yes:
My PC can run Photoshop, 3ds Max 2010, Corel VideoStudio X2 and some other programs and I have tons of music (more than 4000 mp3s=20 gb) on my harddisk.
I got an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2,5 GHz and 4 gb RAM (you can extend that later). About the sound card, you could take a SoundBlaster or just take whatever there is in the computer.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

You see this little hole? This moth's just about to emerge. It's in there right now, struggling. It's digging it's way through the thick hide of the cocoon. Now, I could help it - take my knife, gently widen the opening, and the moth would be free - but it would be too weak to survive. Struggle is nature's way of strengthening it." - John Locke

#474 DosCuatro

DosCuatro

Rookie

• 206 posts

Posted August 09, 2010 - 04:48 PM

I suggest you a Radeon HD 5770. It costs about 170$. Anyway, I got a 4800 Series and it works perfectly. Plus, it's cheaper. :yes:
My PC can run Photoshop, 3ds Max 2010, Corel VideoStudio X2 and some other programs and I have tons of music (more than 4000 mp3s=20 gb) on my harddisk.
I got an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2,5 GHz and 4 gb RAM (you can extend that later). About the sound card, you could take a SoundBlaster or just take whatever there is in the computer.

thanks a lot ill definitely look into this!! btw did you build your own pc? how much did it cost?

#475 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,504 posts

Posted August 09, 2010 - 10:07 PM

just got a 5770 actually, good card

Posted Image

#476 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

• 1,468 posts

Posted August 10, 2010 - 02:51 AM

thanks a lot ill definitely look into this!! btw did you build your own pc? how much did it cost?

Yeah, I did. It cost about 900€, so about 1100$. But I also bought two disc drives, sound system and some other things.

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

You see this little hole? This moth's just about to emerge. It's in there right now, struggling. It's digging it's way through the thick hide of the cocoon. Now, I could help it - take my knife, gently widen the opening, and the moth would be free - but it would be too weak to survive. Struggle is nature's way of strengthening it." - John Locke

#477 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

• 1,468 posts

Posted August 10, 2010 - 03:00 AM

just got a 5770 actually, good card

Just to know, what vgames can you run with it?
The best way to test graphic cards is trying the latest game released :D

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

#478 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts

Posted August 10, 2010 - 11:28 AM

If all you want to do is watch vids in HD and run multiple programs then you really don't need an expensive Graphics card. Invest most of your money on the CPU(preferably a quad core if you're going to be doing any video editing/encoding) and RAM and find a nice budget graphics card.

#479 DosCuatro

DosCuatro

Rookie

• 206 posts

Posted August 10, 2010 - 04:36 PM

If all you want to do is watch vids in HD and run multiple programs then you really don't need an expensive Graphics card. Invest most of your money on the CPU(preferably a quad core if you're going to be doing any video editing/encoding) and RAM and find a nice budget graphics card.

alright thanks, do you think 800 would be fine to get all that?

#480 Spooky

Spooky

TLN Daily News

• 2,167 posts

Posted August 10, 2010 - 08:42 PM

alright thanks, do you think 800 would be fine to get all that?

Yeah man that is more then enough.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users