Bruce Springsteen to play in the Super Bowl halftime show

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted August 12, 2008 - 11:07 AM

New York, NY -- (Sports Network) - Bruce Springsteen will reportedly play the halftime show at Super Bowl XLIII.

The New York Post cited a source as saying Springsteen, the creator of such hits as "Born in the USA" and "Born to Run," will take the field at halftime of the February 1 contest in Tampa.

Springsteen would become the fifth straight veteran rock and roll act to play the Super Bowl halftime show following Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction at Super Bowl XXXVIII

Link

#2 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted August 12, 2008 - 07:42 PM

Boooo, boring. I hated last years too with Tom Petty, booo too. Prince has been the best.

At least hopefully drummer & Conan member Max Weinberg will come out. Too bad he won't contribute any of his awkward stares with Conan though..

#3 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 13, 2008 - 08:13 PM

I think it goes without saying that I'm okay with this.

I love Tom Petty, but I didn't catch his set in February because I had to pick up a friend from work so he could watch the second half.

And Prince was easily the best halftime show ever. He ruined that Super Bowl because his set was so much better than the game itself, especially the second half.

Prince \m/

#4 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted August 14, 2008 - 12:49 PM

Don't get me wrong, I respect Sir Springsteen and his music abilities & talents, heck I even like a few songs, of course who can't like born in the usa, especially if you're born in the usa, but, all that being said, I'm just sayin', especially at his age now, I would've preferred to see someone else, but ehh.. definitely better than Tom Petty for me.

#5 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted August 14, 2008 - 01:12 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there haven't even been boobies available for wardrobe malfunctions since Janet ruined it for us all... right?

That's a damn shame.

#6 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted August 14, 2008 - 01:20 PM

^ Lol, no I think your observation is correct, unfortunately. It IS a damn shame. :rock:

Edited by Chicano, August 14, 2008 - 01:21 PM.

#7 Icker

Icker

Superstar

• 8,048 posts

Posted August 14, 2008 - 02:42 PM

i wish selena was still alive, it be tight if she was at a superbowl

#8 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 14, 2008 - 06:02 PM

Don't get me wrong, I respect Sir Springsteen and his music abilities & talents, heck I even like a few songs, of course who can't like born in the usa, especially if you're born in the usa, but, all that being said, I'm just sayin', especially at his age now, I would've preferred to see someone else, but ehh.. definitely better than Tom Petty for me.

No worries, I didn't take any offense to anyone's comments on the Boss. I recognize that he's not everyone's cup of tea and not necessarily the best Super Bowl choice.

They should really just invite Prince every year. Or U2. Or U2 WITH Prince.

/favorite artist(s) bias

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users