NBA GMs Prefer Kobe Over LeBron

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:19 PM

USA Today asked nineteen NBA general managers who they thought was better -- Kobe Bryant or LeBron James?

Twelve of the GMs picked Bryant, while seven preferred James.

Kobe is the NBA's reigning MVP, and has three NBA titles to his credit.

"Kobe's basketball IQ, competitive spirit and skill set make him, unquestionably, the best closer in the game," former coach and current ABC analyst Jeff Van Gundy said. "But James is younger, and nobody outplays him over the first 44 minutes."

Link

#2 elpermic

elpermic

Rookie

• 1,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:worthy, kobe, magic

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:26 PM

The GMs, executives, and even the GREATS, LEGENDS, ET.AL all pick Kobe as the best!

It is the media who pick LeBron as the best!

If you think Kobe is better than LEBron.. YOU ARE A WOLF, MY FRIENDS...... LEAVE THE SHEEP BEHIND!

I'd plow Vanessa Bryant.

#3 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:33 PM

duh, if blatant. its like MJ and everyone else at that moment. maybe it was a yar that Grant and Penny or Clyde appeared to be better through January than "the chosen on". Lebron is just a beast, but so is Chris and Dwight respectively, Kobe is the one for this era

duh, if blatant. its like MJ and everyone else at that moment. maybe it was a yar that Grant and Penny or Clyde appeared to be better through January than "the chosen one". Lebron is just a beast, but so is Chris and Dwight respectively, Kobe is the one for this era
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#4 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:38 PM

Van Gundy seemed to suggest Lebron is better 44 minutes of the game and Kobe better the last 4 minutes. I agree with that statement. The question is how much of a lead would Lebron give his team more than kobe at the 44 th minute and how much can kobe make up the last 4 minutes.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#5 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:43 PM

Van Gundy seemed to suggest Lebron is better 44 minutes of the game and Kobe better the last 4 minutes. I agree with that statement. The question is how much of a lead would Lebron give his team more than kobe at the 44 th minute and how much can kobe make up the last 4 minutes.

i dont get this analysis, i mean i get it, but its a the game is 48 minutes and it sounds like he is saying that Lebron is better but KObe is more clutch. but he should have said, lebron is better but Kobe is more competitve, is a better shooter, better at the FT line, more beautiful game, a better on ball defender, and more clutch. but if he would have said that, then Kobe is the better player. its obvious that Kobe is the better scorer as well
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#6 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:46 PM

i dont get this analysis, i mean i get it, but its a the game is 48 minutes and it sounds like he is saying that Lebron is better but KObe is more clutch. but he should have said, lebron is better but Kobe is more competitve, is a better shooter, better at the FT line, more beautiful game, a better on ball defender, and more clutch. but if he would have said that, then Kobe is the better player. its obvious that Kobe is the better scorer as well

I think he is saying that and he could say those things about kobe what you mentioned. He could also say Lebron is a better rebounder, passer, driver, and a better % shooter.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users