Photo

Shaq in L.A. again?

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:03 PM

Some Kobe fans make me sick that they care more about Kobe than the Lakers winning a championship. The name on the front of the jersey is more important than any name of the back of the jersey.

People are always going to say Kobe can't win without Phil and without a good forward/center. People always say Shaq can't win without a top 5 guard and you don't see his fans crying about wining a championship without a good guard.

Yeah...that's it.

Not that Shaq is more likely to take a buyout to join a Championship Laker team.
Not that we can win a chip without Shaq.
Not that it would take a combination of key players to match salary for Shq while not guaranteeing he will compensate for the loss of those players...

Shaq to LAL now isn't feasible without damaging/changing the current squads chances.

Nobody is talking about trading for Shaq this season.

Would you sign Shaq for the MLE after next season? He should finish his career with the Lakers and his jersey should be retired after he's done playing.

Find me another player who can do what Shaq does for the MLE.

Starting PF/C - Pau and Bynum
Backup PF/C - Odom and Shaq

:nervous:

#22 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:06 PM

Of course!!!!

Use the 20 mil in expiring junk to trade for him!!!!!

Oh wait...

That's right. We don't have it to spare.

If you are willing to trade LO, why not for a guy like Amare, a guy we can build with for the next 7 years (at least)?

Or is SHAQ's return more important than winning long term?

You read my post wrong. I didn't say trading for Shaq i just said if Shaq was available and he could help us of course I would want to get him. I never mentioned LO here.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#23 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:09 PM

Some Kobe fans make me sick that they care more about Kobe than the Lakers winning a championship. The name on the front of the jersey is more important than any name of the back of the jersey.

People are always going to say Kobe can't win without Phil and without a good forward/center. People always say Shaq can't win without a top 5 guard and you don't see his fans crying about wining a championship without a good guard.

Would you sign Shaq for the MLE after next season? He should finish his career with the Lakers and his jersey should be retired after he's done playing.

Nobody can do what Shaq could do for a team at the MLE. Just thought you deserved an answer. :thumbsup:
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

PHIL JACKSON

#24 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:10 PM

You read my post wrong. I didn't say trading for Shaq i just said if Shaq was available and he could help us of course I would want to get him. I never mentioned LO here.

He's not coming in the middle of the season...he'd look like the ultimate coat-tail rider.

He'd have to convince the Suns to tank...which they haven't indicated is an option.

PHO is talking about moving Amare, not Shaq...not even a buyout. How are we supposed to get Shaq?

LAL is at the top of the league without Shaq. It only serves to appease SHAQ fans bringing him in, whether we win or not.

#25 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,877 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:12 PM

We take him if we can get him for the MLE. Otherwise, I don't know about trading for him. As much as I complain about Odom, I think we can get a younger and more versatile player than Shaq.

Plus, I don't know if Shaq will stay healthy in Los Angeles. Truth is, Phoenix is giving him steroids, and hydros, to keep him alive and active, and to mask the pain.

#26 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:16 PM

Isn't that what I said?

Kobe signs off on new acquisitions like this...forgot the whole "Kobe can opt out this year" thing?

Pretty sure there is not doubt that Kobe >>> than Shaq right now.

So who is being biased? YOU.

This isn't about Kobe-fans. This is about LAL being the best...and what would make them better. Kobe, Pau, Bynum already is the best. What more do you want?

That's right...Shaq...so who's biased?

#27 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:20 PM

He's not coming in the middle of the season...he'd look like the ultimate coat-tail rider.

He'd have to convince the Suns to tank...which they haven't indicated is an option.

PHO is talking about moving Amare, not Shaq...not even a buyout. How are we supposed to get Shaq?

LAL is at the top of the league without Shaq. It only serves to appease SHAQ fans bringing him in, whether we win or not.

I am talking about the end of the season. I think it has to be done by March which is basically the end of the season. If they are moving Amare they are giving up on this season not necessarily tanking but you could say they are intent on remaking the team. Shaq won't be in those plans. If Shaq agrees to a substantial buyout then Sarver (suns owner) will be listening. Bringing in Shaq from Buss's , Mitch's, and PJ's perspective is not about appeasing fans. If they wanted to appease fans then they would have shipped Bynum's azz out. Mitch has the spine to tell the fans to S T F U. I am so glad he does and the fans respect him now.

PHIL JACKSON

#28 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:26 PM

put it like this, the doctor was right...im out
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#29 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:32 PM

Plus, I don't know if Shaq will stay healthy in Los Angeles. Truth is, Phoenix is giving him steroids, and hydros, to keep him alive and active, and to mask the pain.

You serious?

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#30 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:51 PM

Why do you guys care so much about Kobe winning a championship without Shaq? You guys must care more about Kobe than the Lakers. :nah:

We have a lot of one-player fans, as Lakerfool stated.

I ain't no One Laker player fan fool!!!!

Obviously you guys don't remember what Shaq said about the organization and Kobe after.

When Shaq asked to get traded he bashed Phil Jackson for not coaching the Heat, he bashed Jerry Buss and Mitch Kupchak for taking Kobe over him.

Mainly because after the Lakers paid him over 150 million in salary he wanted an extension of about the same for less years. Practically dissing Kobe of his Big pay day.

Thats why Kobe was shopping other teams like LAC,CHI,and DAL ext. I don't blame him.

When Kobe only had about 50 million paid for his services the first 5 years of his NBA career and was blossoming into a Mega Superstar.

You act like when he won with the Heat it wasn't a Slap in the Face to the whole Lakers Nation?!?!?!
Posted Image

You guys don't see how SELFISH SHAQ was back then, as all those verbal attacks where direct hits towards the Lakers in pure SPITE.

I know do whatever it takes for us to win the Championship no doubt , but you guys are losing all types of Credibility giving up on the team we have right NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

DREW COMES BACK AND WERE RIGHT THERE THE MAIN CONTENDERS!!!!

You guys who welcome Shaq with no regards of what he put this organization through his last couple of years do not remember what he did .
He wasn't willing to take less money to keep Kobe who hasn't got his mega deal pay day yet.

He is one of the greatest Lakers of all time but if we were to take Shaq over Kobe back them we wouldn't even be close to what we are now.

All this Laker player fan BS is just some of you guys being truly ignorant!!!

I bleed Laker purple and gold. An yes I am a huge Kobe Bryant Fan . He is the face of the LAL today.

But it is LAKERS before any one person.

Even when Sedale Threat was our go to guy Lakers ALL DAY!!!!!!!
Posted Image

Like my ese homie Vinny loves his Raiders is how I love my LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#31 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,803 posts

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:52 PM

You serious?

Unfortunately, yes. It's obvious. Shaq isn't even playing back-to-backs right now.

He'll be good as a backup, giving us 5 minutes in a spurt but he's not someone to risk any good pieces one...or shake up the roster.

Right now, if we could, we should concentrate on trying to acquire Amare. Worst case, waxing nostalgic, bring Shaq back.

#32 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 15, 2009 - 04:57 PM

Shaq is a lazy azz. He is childish. He is an immature player.

This is not about all that. He is still a productive player and even PJ mentioned that he sees that value in Shaq. He probably won't be as productive 2years down the road but he will be a bench player then playing only 15 minutes a game.

PHIL JACKSON

#33 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted February 15, 2009 - 05:02 PM

Unfortunately, yes. It's obvious. Shaq isn't even playing back-to-backs right now.

He'll be good as a backup, giving us 5 minutes in a spurt but he's not someone to risk any good pieces one...or shake up the roster.

Right now, if we could, we should concentrate on trying to acquire Amare. Worst case, waxing nostalgic, bring Shaq back.

What risks are you talking about? Shake up the roster? As EVERYONE has said, we aren't going to trade anyone. This isn't about trades. We'll hopefully acquire him through free agency. Mihm's done after this year. Mbenga, I pray he's still not on the roster in 2 years. Shaq is a very viable option for backup center once his contract is up. He isn't playing back-to-backs but he's also playing starter minutes. He'll be averaging much less as a backup. And what's this about acquiring Amare? How does that make any sense?

#34 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 15, 2009 - 05:05 PM

NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT ANY TRADES. LEAVE TRADES OUT!

PHIL JACKSON

#35 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted February 15, 2009 - 05:19 PM

I ain't no One Laker player fan fool!!!!

Mainly because after the Lakers paid him over 150 million in salary he wanted an extension of about the same for less years. Practically dissing Kobe of his Big pay day.

Thats why Kobe was shopping other teams like LAC,CHI,and DAL ext. I don't blame him.

You act like when he won with the Heat it wasn't a Slap in the Face to the whole Lakers Nation?!?!?!

I bleed Laker purple and gold. An yes I am a huge Kobe Bryant Fan . He is the face of the LAL today.

But it is LAKERS before any one person.

Blah blah blah, all that is just talk. If you cared about this team, improving this team and winning championships is more important than silly verbal attacks that Shaq has done. Lakers before any one person? Is that why your beef with Shaq (Shaq is one person) is more important than signing him as our backup Center? I was pissed off at Shaq for all the crap he spewed over the years, but at the end of day, if he'll help this team win games, then I'm willing to forgive and forget. Winning is all that matters, not some stupid little insults he made.

What? Shaq won another championship when we traded him away? How dare he! He should know not to win while on another team! He should be losing on purpose for the great Lakers nation. What a slap in the face!

And a free agent shopping around for other teams? That's completely unheard of!

#36 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted February 15, 2009 - 05:37 PM

Blah blah blah, all that is just talk. If you cared about this team, improving this team and winning championships is more important than silly verbal attacks that Shaq has done. Lakers before any one person? Is that why your beef with Shaq (Shaq is one person) is more important than signing him as our backup Center? I was pissed off at Shaq for all the crap he spewed over the years, but at the end of day, if he'll help this team win games, then I'm willing to forgive and forget. Winning is all that matters, not some stupid little insults he made.

What? Shaq won another championship when we traded him away? How dare he! He should know not to win while on another team! He should be losing on purpose for the great Lakers nation. What a slap in the face!

And a free agent shopping around for other teams? That's completely unheard of!

BLAH BLAH BLAH everything you are saying.

As a Laker fan from Birth I do care to do whatever it takes to win a championship.
Plus if you was a true Laker fan you would take what Shaq said about the Lakers personal.
Time doesn't heal everything.

I'll take Shaq back after we win this year.
The Lakers won 6 Championships before Shaq was to ever to rock purple and gold.

I know we can WIN the Championship with our team right now.

We can't sign Shaq right now unless we trade for him.
Once he is a free agent then we could sign him without losing any of our players on our current roster.

You need to relax and let our players handle their business which got us the best record right now. 42-10 :angry:
Posted Image

#37 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,987 posts

Posted February 15, 2009 - 05:43 PM

As a Laker fan from Birth I do care to do whatever it takes to win a championship.
Plus if you was a true Laker fan you would take what Shaq said about the Lakers personal.

Once he is a free agent then we could sign him without losing any of our players on our current roster.

You need to relax and let our players handle their business which got us the best record right now. 42-10 :angry:

You know your just coming off as loud and obnoixious rather then defending yourself

#38 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 15, 2009 - 05:43 PM

Read LA Times today. Kobe doesn't want Shaq here and why should he? If Bynum comes back LA will be hand's down favorites to win NBA title without Shaq so no I don't forget how he trashed everything LA when he left to go to Miami. He isn't coming for MLE next year. He has a 20 million dollar contract with Suns next year and he isn't giving up 15 million to come to LA. Maybe the Kobe people make you sick, the Shaq lovers make me sick so I guess we all are sick together.

#39 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted February 15, 2009 - 05:49 PM

Where did I say we can't win it without Shaq? Heck, I've said we're the favorites even without Bynum. And I specifically said we shouldn't trade for him. In fact, basically everyone said not to trade for him. Someone needs to pay attention to what everyone has said, instead of going loco when you don't even know what the heck is going on. Everyone here is saying to sign him after his contract expires. You're the one that needs to relax.

#40 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted February 15, 2009 - 05:54 PM

Read LA Times today. Kobe doesn't want Shaq here and why should he? If Bynum comes back LA will be hand's down favorites to win NBA title without Shaq so no I don't forget how he trashed everything LA when he left to go to Miami. He isn't coming for MLE next year. He has a 20 million dollar contract with Suns next year and he isn't giving up 15 million to come to LA. Maybe the Kobe people make you sick, the Shaq lovers make me sick so I guess we all are sick together.

Shaq lovers? No I strongly dislike Shaq. I was pissed at everything he did over the years. But at the end of the day, it's about winning. If he's willing to come for cheap, then I'll welcome him with open arms because it'll make this team better. If you care more about Kobe's legacy than improving this team, then you are in the wrong place. This is THE LAKERS NATION. It's about the name in front, not the back.

Edited by daco_inc, February 15, 2009 - 05:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users