#21 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 15, 2009 - 08:29 PM

Again, he is a Celtic...

A Finals MVP award named after a former Celtic, ugh... That felt worse than throwing up and then eating it...

Oh great arguments.

He should be judged by what team he played for, which is a random coincidence in regards to who drafts you, instead of the 11 rings he won, many of which he defeated the Lakers.

He's not just a Celtic. He's one of the greatest players to ever lace it up. He was a pioneer as the first dominant African American player, playing in a time where all sorts of horrible insults were thrown at him.

Cut it out with your gang mentality. He's a HOFer first and foremost, and the epitome of what a selfless team player should play like.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#22 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 15, 2009 - 08:43 PM

1st of all, he deserves it... Doesn't mean I have to like it or root for him... Let me clarify something...

I cannot, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, root for a Celtic, ever... Anyone who wears a Green uniform, is DEAD to me, unless your name is Rick Fox or Brian Shaw...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#23 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 15, 2009 - 08:51 PM

1st of all, he deserves it... Doesn't mean I have to like it or root for him... Let me clarify something...

I cannot, under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, root for a Celtic, ever... Anyone who wears a Green uniform, is DEAD to me, unless your name is Rick Fox or Brian Shaw...

You're taking this game WAY too seriously.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#24 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 15, 2009 - 08:53 PM

You're taking this game WAY too seriously.

No. It is what it is... If people cannot accept that, then it's none of my concern...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#25 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted February 16, 2009 - 08:45 PM

Again, he is a Celtic...

A Finals MVP award named after a former Celtic, ugh... That felt worse than throwing up and then eating it...

It was back then man, chill. During his time he beat his opponents the RIGHT way with dignity and hard work.

He's far from being a dirty player like the modern and Larry Bird era Celtics.

That's just straight out discrimination. You can't hate a respectable player just because of his team. Bill Russell is one of the few Celtic players that have gained my respect.

“My favorite All-Star memory was seeing Mariah Carey in the Michael Jordan jersey dress,” James said Saturday. “Was that Atlanta? Yeah, that’s my favorite memory of All-Star weekend. Whew!”

I thought this was kind of funny, hahah.

Edited by KuYa JL, February 17, 2009 - 04:40 PM.

Made By Vaporize

#26 azk81

azk81

Rookie

• 831 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 16, 2009 - 08:51 PM

its not about rooting for him or not, its just respect
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

-Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Gone, Never Forgotten.

#27 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,309 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted February 17, 2009 - 04:31 PM

its not about rooting for him or not, its just respect

Exactly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic