#1 TheAssassin611

TheAssassin611

"The Young Assassin"

• 892 posts
  • Name:Mohammad Abdulrauf L. Lauban
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 12, 2009 - 03:07 AM

In case it wasn't obvious, Kobe Bryant was feeling better.

Two days after his IV-filled escapade against Cleveland, he scored 34 points in almost 36 minutes of the Lakers' 105-98 victory over the Oklahoma City Thunder.

He shot pretty well, making 13 of 26 attempts, made all eight of his free-throw attempts and took seven rebounds.

The flu-like symptoms that debilitated him against Cleveland were all but gone against Oklahoma City.

"I got rested up, got fluids in me, got some decent meals in me," he said. "I was able to keep them down."

He said he lost some weight -- he wasn't sure how much -- but his actions after Tuesday's game were markedly different from Sunday's game, when he unsteadily made his way to the team bus while flanked by concerned security personnel.

On Tuesday, he emerged from the trainer's room after the game and snapped the lapels of his jacket as he walked over to talk to reporters.

The Lakers (42-9) weren't great against Oklahoma City, but Bryant joked about his own personal solution in case they let down against the Thunder (13-39) after stirring victories in Boston and Cleveland.

"I have these things right here," he said, holding out his fists and smiling. "If you let down, I'm going to give you one on the right cheek and one on the left cheek."

Despite a tense moment or two in the fourth quarter, when the Thunder trimmed a 15-point deficit to five, the fists were never put to use.

Earlier in the game, Bryant netted a minor piece of history, becoming the youngest player in NBA history to score 23,000 points after hitting a free throw with 5:13 left in the second quarter. He was 30 years and 171 days old Tuesday.

"It's always fun," Bryant said. "It's always a tremendous honor."

Of course, Cleveland forward LeBron James might steal that mark away from him a few years down the road, but Bryant shrugged it off.

"We came out so young and then he got a head start on me," Bryant said. "I didn't play my first three years in the league, but it's all fun."

Odom show continues

How did Lamar Odom follow up his best game with the Lakers?

By scoring 12 points and taking a season-high 18 rebounds against Oklahoma City.

He didn't shoot that well, making only six of 17 shots, but he was again aggressive on the boards.

"I think it's just maturation," Bryant said. "Concentration is a big part. I think now his mental skills caught up with his physical skills, and we see the result of it."

Odom had 28 points and 17 rebounds Sunday against Cleveland.

LINK!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users