#61 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 11, 2009 - 09:48 PM

42-10 is nice, but if we don't fix our problems on the defensive end, and consistently get burned due to those problems, we aren't making much progress. As the season goes on, one hopes for their team to progressively improve and reach their peak come playoffs, but we haven't done that to this point.

We're an offensive juggernaut, but we're nothing special on the other end of the court, esp. with all of our losses coming in eerily similar circumstances. Improve on that end, and we're unstoppable come post-season. Leave our problems intact, well, don't be surprised if we aren't the last team standing, esp. if our opponents exploit our blatantly obvious flaws.

thats your problem ( not you in particular,but you in the general sense)....you are saying we would be unstoppable, but if you look back in history those teams are few and far between. Like how the defensive-minded Celtics got pushed to the brink two series' in a row. Lets not forget that. Itwas partially from playing too hard during the reg. seaason. we have a chance to win a title, but there are no easy wins, and our most important foes havent exposed us, so I am not trippin on the few losses or close w's
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#62 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted February 11, 2009 - 09:52 PM

What's wrong with wanting more out of your team? I hate losing, so I'm going to be pissed about it. And it's cause we don't play D, which i'm pissed about. not too hard to understand.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#63 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 11, 2009 - 09:55 PM

thats your problem ( not you in particular,but you in the general sense)....you are saying we would be unstoppable, but if you look back in history those teams are few and far between. Like how the defensive-minded Celtics got pushed to the brink two series' in a row. Lets not forget that. Itwas partially from playing too hard during the reg. seaason. we have a chance to win a title, but there are no easy wins, and our most important foes havent exposed us, so I am not trippin on the few losses or close w's

They still won the championship through playing great on both ends of the floor. You need some sort of balance between the two to win it all (a potent offense, decent defense or vice-versa). That's what wins championships. I'm not worried about our chances of winning it all, but it'd be great to see some improvement in the areas that we clearly struggle with on the defensive end. Tweak the defense a bit by playing smart defense (get a hand in the face of shooters, don't let players have a lane to the basket), we don't have to play the Celtics brand of ball, just put forth greater effort on that end of the floor. It would help us tremendously over the rest of this season all the way through the Finals.

#64 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 11, 2009 - 09:56 PM

What's wrong with wanting more out of your team? I hate losing, so I'm going to be pissed about it. And it's cause we don't play D, which i'm pissed about. not too hard to understand.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. now that is logical. I see now, you LIVE through the Lakers, and you think hey are superhumans who are better than everyone else in the NBA. Even with the loss of bynum, we are supposed to beat up on all teams, even playoff bound ones. I get it now

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh. now that is logical. I see now, you LIVE through the Lakers, and you think hey are superhumans who are better than everyone else in the NBA. Even with the loss of bynum, we are supposed to beat up on all teams, even playoff bound ones. I get it now
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#65 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 11, 2009 - 10:00 PM

You definitely have an interesting way of reading between the lines, especially when someone clearly explains their views. What's wrong with wanting your team to play a hint of defense by closing out on wide-open shooters and closing off open lanes?

#66 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted February 11, 2009 - 10:20 PM

Wow.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users