• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 Vibe

Vibe

On top of the world

• 149 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 11, 2009 - 05:26 PM

Team is doing great so there is nothing to complain about ohhh wait i got it lets complain about kobes defense....SMH.

#22 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted February 11, 2009 - 05:35 PM

LoL, I've been complaining since Shaq left. If I was on this site in the summer you would've heard a lot about it.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#23 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 11, 2009 - 05:44 PM

He could just focus on one man the entire game (ex. Pierce), let guys like Ray Allen net 40, and be tired by the end of the third and hope to God that Gasol can score 25 in the fourth to lead us to victory.

totally agree
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#24 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted February 11, 2009 - 05:48 PM

Kevin Durant last night had 31 and 10. not good D.

A defensive anchor just shows how weak your perimeter defense is. It's always swingmen that kill us, and who's defensive assignment is that? Kobe's. And on the roaming on Boston, they shot a better 3pt % than us in the last meeting, and a better FG% on Christmas. Doesn't seem like he's helping too much.

Yeah, he didn't even try to stop him..stayed down on that dunk, didn't even try to strip him or anything, or take a hard foul to make him earn it.

he wasnt guarding durant, and we Won....its not about outscoring and shutting down every 2 and 3 in the league. If he even got close to doing that, he would have no legs by SPRING
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#25 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts

Posted February 11, 2009 - 05:48 PM

totally agree

They both can combine for 50 on us anyday the way he's playing. I can't believe you guys are saying that Kobe's defense isn't going to motivate the whole team. Michael did it. KG did it to the Celtics. Why can't Kobe? He has the same ability as Jordan and is damn sure better than KG

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.

#26 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted February 11, 2009 - 05:50 PM

They both can combine for 50 on us anyday the way he's playing. I can't believe you guys are saying that Kobe's defense isn't going to motivate the whole team. Michael did it. KG did it to the Celtics. Why can't Kobe? He has the same ability as Jordan and is damn sure better than KG

Pippen did it...plus the D is never going to be Celtics good, not unless we change everything owners to players

#27 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts

Posted February 11, 2009 - 05:51 PM

he wasnt guarding durant, and we Won....its not about outscoring and shutting down every 2 and 3 in the league. If he even got close to doing that, he would have no legs by SPRING

Who was he guarding then? Weaver, who scored double digits for the first time in ages? Who averages 3 pts a game, but ended up with 11 and 4? He needs to play some sort of defense for God's sake!

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr

#28 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 11, 2009 - 05:51 PM

He has the same ability as Jordan

No he doesn't. Jordan's defensive abilities are far superior. And, when Kobe does try and match what Jordan did defensively, he runs out of gas quickly and doesn't produce for us offensively, and we can't afford that.

I didn't see Kobe defending Durant most of the time, anyways.

#29 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts

Posted February 11, 2009 - 05:56 PM

Pippen did it...plus the D is never going to be Celtics good, not unless we change everything owners to players

Pippen did it? are you serious? Mike won DPOY, Pip didn't. Mike averaged 3 steals and a block and half a season, and Pippen led the bulls on defense? MJ had to guard hall of famers Clyde Drexler, Reggie Miller, Magic Johnson, and even stuck Larry Bird in his twilight years.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr

#30 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts

Posted February 11, 2009 - 05:59 PM

No he doesn't. Jordan's defensive abilities are far superior. And, when Kobe does try and match what Jordan did defensively, he runs out of gas quickly and doesn't produce for us offensively, and we can't afford that.

I didn't see Kobe defending Durant most of the time, anyways.

He's just bigger than him. Defense is all about effort. And I thought Kobe was the type to rarely get tired? He doesn't have to produce for us every night anymore, we have other weapons.

But all things aside, you're saying we don't need Kobe to play D?

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr

#31 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts

Posted February 11, 2009 - 06:05 PM

He's just bigger than him. Defense is all about effort. And I thought Kobe was the type to rarely get tired? He doesn't have to produce for us every night anymore, we have other weapons.

But all things aside, you're saying we don't need Kobe to play D?

Bigger than him? Jordan? When did that happen?

All players get tired, and even though Kobe doesn't wear down as quickly as others, he will once he has to put up 40 points AND play defense against the best player on the opposing team.

What other weapons do we have? Gasol, and that's about it. No other player can give us a 30 point game, and Gasol rarely does that in the first place.

Plus, you can't give me another player who gets double-teamed more than Bryant.

We don't need Kobe to focus on one man. We need him to roam. That's the main reason why he was defending Rondo for a while -- so he could move to Ray and Pierce, when Rondo was 20 feet from the rim. Eventually, that failed because Pierce was pulling up for shots faster, so Kobe moved to him, and Boston ended up scoring over 100 points in our last meeting.

#32 intense

intense

Rookie

• 91 posts
  • Name:Leif

Posted February 11, 2009 - 06:07 PM

Damn [expletive]. You sound like a whining little b!atch.
For real.
Go get a brown paper bag cuz you sound like your hyper-ventilating.
You need to chill out. Whats complaining on a board about anyone's defense going to do? The lakers staff don't read your posts.

We've had 9 losses right now, start complaining when we've lost 5 in a row.

#33 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts

Posted February 11, 2009 - 06:10 PM

For real.
You need to chill out. Whats complaining on a board about anyone's defense going to do? The lakers staff don't read your posts.

like the only one that [expletive]es about the team, numbnuts

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr

#34 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 11, 2009 - 06:11 PM

For real.

tHuG LyFe!!!
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#35 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts

Posted February 11, 2009 - 06:11 PM

Bigger than him? Jordan? When did that happen?

All players get tired, and even though Kobe doesn't wear down as quickly as others, he will once he has to put up 40 points AND play defense against the best player on the opposing team.

What other weapons do we have? Gasol, and that's about it. No other player can give us a 30 point game, and Gasol rarely does that in the first place.

Plus, you can't give me another player who gets double-teamed more than Bryant.

We don't need Kobe to focus on one man. We need him to roam. That's the main reason why he was defending Rondo for a while -- so he could move to Ray and Pierce, when Rondo was 20 feet from the rim. Eventually, that failed because Pierce was pulling up for shots faster, so Kobe moved to him, and Boston ended up scoring over 100 points in our last meeting.

Even Phil said Jordan was bigger and stronger than Kobe. But if Kobe wants to do this thing, he can go ahead, but that's gonna hurt us when role player two-guards have career nights.

Edited by Junayd, February 11, 2009 - 06:12 PM.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr

#36 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts

Posted February 11, 2009 - 06:19 PM

Even Phil said Jordan was bigger and stronger than Kobe. But if Kobe wants to do this thing, he can go ahead, but that's gonna hurt us when role player two-guards have career nights.

Jordan's hands are bigger, that's about it. Both are the same height, and Kobe actually weighs more than a prime Jordan, who hit 198 lbs.

#37 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted February 11, 2009 - 06:28 PM

Jordan's hands are bigger, that's about it. Both are the same height, and Kobe actually weighs more than a prime Jordan, who hit 198 lbs.

i thought MJ was always listed at 6'6, but these past few days i am hearing things that deny that

#38 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts

Posted February 11, 2009 - 06:31 PM

I thought he weighed like 220

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr

#39 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts

Posted February 11, 2009 - 06:39 PM

kobe just got rained on for 5 points

went downcourt leaving two shooters open

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr

#40 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts

Posted February 11, 2009 - 08:03 PM

i thought MJ was always listed at 6'6, but these past few days i am hearing things that deny that

In his prime, MJ was 6'6" and a hair under 200 pounds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users