• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,407 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 11, 2009 - 08:16 AM

Thunder forward Chris Wilcox said Tuesday that he’s open to being traded before the Feb. 19 trading deadline, hoping a change of scenery will bring increased playing time and production.

"I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing something happen,” Wilcox said. "I just hope that it’s the right situation if it does happen.”

Entering Tuesday’s road game against the Los Angeles Lakers, Wilcox had played only 140 minutes in 10 games throughout January and February. Wilcox’s lack of playing time has become the Thunder’s biggest mystery of the season after he averaged 13.4 points and 7.0 rebounds in just 28 minutes per game last season.

Thunder coach Scott Brooks has repeatedly said Wilcox is simply caught in a numbers game with Jeff Green starting at power forward, Nick Collison starting at center and big men Joe Smith and Nenad Krstic coming off the bench.

"Nobody said nothing to me or told me why I wasn’t playing,” said Wilcox, who is earning $6.75 million in the final year of his contract this season. "I just come in, work out and do what I got to do and hopefully things will get better.

"It’s been a learning experience for me. That’s all I can say. It’s something different, and I just had to adjust to it and play my role...It’s been rough. It’s been ups and downs. But at the end of the day I’m still here.”

This is the one guy I believe the Lakers should get.

Unfortunately, we cant send Morrison anywhere to April 7th. But if were able to package Mihm, along with a couple other players, Wilcox would be a great addition for us. He was averaging 14/7.

Im still crossing my fingers for this one.

#2 kwl331

kwl331

otb

• 288 posts
  • Fan Since:87
  • Fav. Laker:anyone except kwame brown

Posted February 11, 2009 - 02:51 PM

wilcox or joe smith would be good for us.

#3 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted February 11, 2009 - 02:52 PM

Wilcox for Mihm and a future pick.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#4 purple_and_gold_fever