1 reply to this topic

#1 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted February 10, 2009 - 01:29 PM

We've come home to put our feet in the sand again, after a great six-game (6-0) road trip. We capped it off beating the best two teams in the East back-to-back. First, we snapped a 12-game Boston win streak and then we stopped Cleveland's 23-game unbeaten home streak. That Boston contest was the most-watched NBA game on cable this season with about 4.3 million viewers on TNT. We returned home with an 18-5 road record.

We had to go through different time zones and through different types of cities, from Memphis to Toronto, so the key is to be adaptable and versatile. Which is pretty much the same as my personal style -- I'd call it versatile, lol! I can go business and professional with a sharp suit and tie, or change it up to urban, wearing some hip-hop clothes, a little baggier, or maybe — I wouldn't say preppy — slim jeans and a tight shirt. So I try to pull off a little bit of everything.

I feel I had my own style even back in college. I get my style background from my grandmother, Adella, who was a fashion director and costumer for twenty years, working on network TV shows like Good Times, 227, and Married With Children. When I was little, I picked up things from her about the rules and tips on how to style it up. In her position, coordinating clothing, she was constantly around what was hip and cool. She had a very keen sense of style.

A few years ago, the term metrosexual came out, describing young men with high incomes, living and working in the city. People said soccer superstar David Beckham was the poster boy for the metrosexual trend. For me, the term is about people who have good style and take care of themselves, who are up on the times, guys who maybe get manicures, stay with the fresh haircut all the time, things like that. The description may or may not fit you, it all depends on how comfortable you are with yourself. For me, I feel comfortable with saying my style is versatile. BTW, David is a big Lakers fan and he's got a lot of style, whatever you want to call it. He's playing soccer in Milan now, one of the fashion capitals of the world.

UCLA just beat USC for the second time this season. The atmosphere inside UCLA's Pauley Pavilion can get electric with 12,000 plus fans. EA Sports just ranked Pauley as one of the 15 most difficult places to play college basketball for opposing teams. In the most recent match-up, the Bruins held a commanding 44-21 halftime lead over the Trojans. And Bruins football coach Rick Neuheisel said on the mike at halftime: “I don't know about you, but I like that halftime score. Get used to that in every sport.”

http://www.playboy.c...-5-week-13.html

Bleeding purple & gold...

#2 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted February 10, 2009 - 04:33 PM

didnt say anything about his new teammates huh?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users