#1 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 09, 2009 - 10:26 AM

Last 5 games: 26 ppg, 12 rpg, 4 assists, 67% FG

If Pau wanted to, he could do this all season. But he doesn't. He only cares about winning. Never once does he complain about shot attempts, or getting less stats while playing next to Bynum.

It's ridiculous how undervalued this man is in the league. Pau is the epitome of a true champion, who cares about the team more than his personal glory.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#2 Kenrae

Kenrae

Metal Mutant

• 954 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 12:52 PM

:yes: :yes:
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent

#3 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,856 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 09, 2009 - 02:22 PM

^ seconded

2div

#4 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 09, 2009 - 02:23 PM

He's a very underrated offensive player. The guy has a great game underneath the rim.

I wish I could say the same for his defense.

#5 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted February 09, 2009 - 02:24 PM

Yessir!! Lakers 73-9 reg season..16-0 in playoffs

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#6 Kenrae

Kenrae

Metal Mutant

• 954 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 03:44 PM

He's a very underrated offensive player. The guy has a great game underneath the rim.

I wish I could say the same for his defense.

I see his defense is very underrated too.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent

#7 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 03:53 PM

I see his defense is very underrated too.

Yeah, because DeAndre Jordan is easily one of the best scoring bigs in the NBA, and that's why he made Gasol look like a middle school defensive player.

Again, Gasol is one heck of an offensive player, and I'm glad to have him. If he'd play defense (along with Fisher), we'd be challenging the Bulls' 72-10 mark.

#8 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 09, 2009 - 04:23 PM

Yeah, because DeAndre Jordan is easily one of the best scoring bigs in the NBA, and that's why he made Gasol look like a middle school defensive player.

Again, Gasol is one heck of an offensive player, and I'm glad to have him. If he'd play defense (along with Fisher), we'd be challenging the Bulls' 72-10 mark.

I thought DeAndre Jordan was Bynum's assignment that night. Didn't Philip chastise Andrew after his 42-15 game for letting "the other guy" get career highs, too? Pau Gasol is who he is. Defensively he does certain things well but is limited because of his awkward center of gravity. I love his game though. He presents all kinds of match up problems. He's an all-star and deservedly so. If the Mavs offered us Dirk even up for Pau, would you make the deal?

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 09, 2009 - 04:24 PM.

#9 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 04:55 PM

I thought DeAndre Jordan was Bynum's assignment that night. Didn't Philip chastise Andrew after his 42-15 game for letting "the other guy" get career highs, too? Pau Gasol is who he is. Defensively he does certain things well but is limited because of his awkward center of gravity. I love his game though. He presents all kinds of match up problems. He's an all-star and deservedly so. If the Mavs offered us Dirk even up for Pau, would you make the deal?

Pau was defending DeAndre quite a bit.

And would I trade Pau for Dirk? Probably not, because we need a scorer under the rim, not a jumpshooting power forward.

#10 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 09, 2009 - 04:58 PM

Pau was defending DeAndre quite a bit.

And would I trade Pau for Dirk? Probably not, because we need a scorer under the rim, not a jumpshooting power forward.

I agree. Pau is a much more well rounded player than Dirk, IMO. If Pau was guarding DeAndre so much, why didn't Philip bag on him after a game in which Drew dropped 42 on them? Oh these mind games ....

#11 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 05:16 PM

I agree. Pau is a much more well rounded player than Dirk, IMO. If Pau was guarding DeAndre so much, why didn't Philip bag on him after a game in which Drew dropped 42 on them? Oh these mind games ....

No idea, but it's a given that Bynum is a better defender than Gasol. Just watching the games, Pau doesn't even jump to contest shots in the paint (his blocks come flat-footed). As much as he thinks he's 8 feet tall, he can't stop the most talented guards from putting up a shot if he's not jumping.

Remember how good he defended Garnett in the NBA Finals? Well, for the first few games? Then what happened? Garnett ate his lunch.

Pau Gasol could be the second best power forward in the NBA if he played good defense, and that's no joke. In my opinion, he's better than Garnett, offensively (second to Duncan). If he played good defense, he would surely topple Garnett.

#12 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted February 09, 2009 - 05:25 PM

Kobe has his lapses on defense too...he's too worried about helping than shutting his man down..i would love to see him own kevin durant on defense 2moro

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#13 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 05:32 PM

Kobe has his lapses on defense too...he's too worried about helping than shutting his man down..i would love to see him own kevin durant on defense 2moro

If he didn't help guys like Walton and Fisher (who play defense like Steve Nash), we would be giving up 120 points per game.

Pau doesn't have anyone to help (or at least he didn't when Bynum was in). He can only defend two positions on the floor, and one was covered (Bynum). Kobe can defend three, and two of those are hardly ever covered.

#14 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 09, 2009 - 06:24 PM

Last 5 games: 26 ppg, 12 rpg, 4 assists, 67% FG

If Pau wanted to, he could do this all season. But he doesn't. He only cares about winning. Never once does he complain about shot attempts, or getting less stats while playing next to Bynum.

It's ridiculous how undervalued this man is in the league. Pau is the epitome of a true champion, who cares about the team more than his personal glory.

not to sound like a gasol hater, but if Pau could average THOSE numbers for the season...he would be as GOOD as SHAQ has ever been in his carrer, in fact he would not only be the best player in the game, but one of the top 20 greatest of all time. Thats like saying Kobe could average 38, 8 rpg and 8 assists shooting 53%....NOT GONNA HAPPEN

Edited by Kobynum Gasodom 2, February 10, 2009 - 12:56 AM.

Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#15 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 06:27 PM

If he didn't help guys like Walton and Fisher (who play defense like Steve Nash), we would be giving up 120 points per game.

Pau doesn't have anyone to help (or at least he didn't when Bynum was in). He can only defend two positions on the floor, and one was covered (Bynum). Kobe can defend three, and two of those are hardly ever covered.

you sound like a basketball novice at this point. Walton is solid, and fish is better than solid on defense. The problem is usually WHO they are guarding. I ,mean name a team that shuts down Cp3 or Tony Parker, or any of these little quick guards (who get screens{some illegal}) for an advantage. As far as Luke goes...di Lebron or Pierce kill us, no, and I know Kobe was on Lebron for the majority but Luke played excellent team D...matter fact Im done
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#16 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 09, 2009 - 06:36 PM

not to sound like a gasol hater, but if Pau could average THOSE numbers for the season...he would be as GOOD as SHAQ has ever been in his carrer, in fact he would not only be the best player in the game, but one of the top 20 greatest of all time. Thats like saying Kobe could average 38, 68 rpg and 12 assists shottoing 53%....NOT GONNA HAPPEN

If you watch him play instead of just focusing on one player, you know that he is EASILY capable of 26 ppg. 12 rebounds is not off base, and he can easily average 3-4 assists which he's done his whole career.

Pau sacrifices personal stats for the glory of the team.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#17 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted February 09, 2009 - 06:38 PM

not to sound like a gasol hater, but if Pau could average THOSE numbers for the season...he would be as GOOD as SHAQ has ever been in his carrer, in fact he would not only be the best player in the game, but one of the top 20 greatest of all time. Thats like saying Kobe could average 38, 68 rpg and 12 assists shottoing 53%....NOT GONNA HAPPEN

Holy crap.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#18 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,848 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 09, 2009 - 06:39 PM

you sound like a basketball novice at this point.

Jesus Christ, what is it with you and this stupid arrogance you have in every other post you make? It's pretty damn annoying.

#19 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 11:47 PM

you sound like a basketball novice at this point. Walton is solid, and fish is better than solid on defense. The problem is usually WHO they are guarding. I ,mean name a team that shuts down Cp3 or Tony Parker, or any of these little quick guards (who get screens{some illegal}) for an advantage. As far as Luke goes...di Lebron or Pierce kill us, no, and I know Kobe was on Lebron for the majority but Luke played excellent team D...matter fact Im done

Fisher net production, according to 82games.com, is -4.5. That's actually the worst on the team, besides Chris Mihm, Josh Powell and Sun Yue.

Walton's is actually a -2.5.

Little, quick guards? How about most all guards? When Calderon was hurt, Anthony Parker played the point and killed Fisher. Mike Conley hit the shots he needed to, and match Fisher's output. Foye decided to hang 27 on Fish. Raymond Felton beat his ass. Mardy Collins outplayed him. Daequan Cook and Chris Quinn both had their way with him.

I can go on and on.

At this point, you don't even sound like a novice. You sound like you've never watched the game in your life.

I'd definitely stop, before I decide to just lay you on the grill for a while, and post things you won't be able to reply to, ever.

#20 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted February 10, 2009 - 12:55 AM

Fisher net production, according to 82games.com, is -4.5. That's actually the worst on the team, besides Chris Mihm, Josh Powell and Sun Yue.

Walton's is actually a -2.5.

Little, quick guards? How about most all guards? When Calderon was hurt, Anthony Parker played the point and killed Fisher. Mike Conley hit the shots he needed to, and match Fisher's output. Foye decided to hang 27 on Fish. Raymond Felton beat his [expletive]. Mardy Collins outplayed him. Daequan Cook and Chris Quinn both had their way with him.

I can go on and on.

At this point, you don't even sound like a novice. You sound like you've never watched the game in your life.

I'd definitely stop, before I decide to just lay you on the grill for a while, and post things you won't be able to reply to, ever.

your ability to go to stat sites impresses me. I see you dont understand the team concept. I forgive you, most dont. Most see the game as a group of individual match-ups. Those are the same people who say Paul Pierce and Posey defended Kobe so well. Or the same people who will say Walton did an incredible job on Lebron. Stats are misleading in a number of ways. Of al the players you named none were the most Dangerous players on their teams. I dont expect to contain Wade, and not expect the other guards to have above average nights.

And i am not cocky, i just know B-BALL. And the STATS dont tell the story. I would love to see Rambis' plus/minus. Let alone Horace Grant's.
I'm not saying I know MORE than anyone else, but when I hear certain comments it makes me feel like people dont pay attention the THE ACTUAL GAMES. I think Fish is the best defensive point guard has had since Hunter, he fights through many screen, he draws charges(most in the league) and offensive fouls on pick and he beats up guard on the ofensive end. No he's not J-Kidd in his prime, but he is a damn good point guard and i am sick of the nit-picking and whining when we are in GREAT TIMES. I mean this is the time to cheer, not spew hate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users