• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2009 - 12:38 PM

They are a joke just as he is. Another BSPN Beantown homer

#42 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted February 10, 2009 - 12:41 PM

Reasonable minds will differ, Nissan. If you don't get it, then you haven't read the jabs that he throws at me whenever he has an opportunity. That's ok. If you want to side with the inferior posters, that's your prerogative. You are the one with ban power here, not me. By the way, why is "Beetlejuice" an offensive name? He calls me "Kenny" from time to time. I'm sure that's a South Park reference.

I'm not picking sides and I'm always fair with every member. I asked you to provide the staff links to his posts, personal attacks, and baiting. I still don't see anything. How can the staff do anything when you don't have any evidence to back up your statement? Please send me a PM with links to his posts.

Why did you called him Beetlejuice?

#43 Kenrae

Kenrae

Metal Mutant

• 954 posts

Posted February 10, 2009 - 12:46 PM

Back on the topic, I can't understand how people get mad at a mathematical equation. I suppose multiplications are Celtics fans deep inside :P.

Edited by Kenrae, February 10, 2009 - 12:46 PM.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent

#44 EchoZulu

EchoZulu

EazyRidin'

• 98 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Chuck Nevitt

Posted February 10, 2009 - 12:50 PM

Wow...I just can't help but laugh at the silly, unnecessary pettiness of this thread....Some people definitely needs to grow some thick skin, ignore, and move on....

Now to the topic at hand....

To me the Hollinger Rankings much like the BCS point system is seriously flawed, and I take it with smallest grain...which is why I don't give a flyin' flippin' hoot what his power rankings says...To me, the records speak for themselves, and more importantly, my eyes and my brain speak even a louder volume in my way of thinking. And my eyes and my brain tells me that the Lakers are the best team in the NBA right now....Case closed.

#45 Superstar Basketball

Superstar Basketball

Rookie

• 315 posts
  • Name:Commish
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 10, 2009 - 12:53 PM

One thing we know, Hollinger's system is just as immature as this thread.
"Can't we all just get along" - R.K.
www.superstarbasketball.org
"Basketball isn't just a game, it's a lifestyle"
SEASON 14
BACK TO BASICS

#46 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,809 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted February 10, 2009 - 01:08 PM

u r funny, u don't have to worry about me "breaken rules"... i won't give you the satisfaction of getting my kicked off. unlike you, i have a life, i comment sparingly. hi hater, bye hater.

obviously i do have to worry about you breaking rules, because you just broke another one, stop with the insults and the name calling...and actually, your post per day count is higher than mine, so since i'm posting more "sparingly" than you, according to your logic, you're the one who has no life...and i certainly have better things to instead of trying to pick fights online...you're also sadly mistaken if you think that anyone would even remember your username if you were kicked off this board, let alone gain any satisfaction...and watch it...the next time you insult someone, especially a moderator, will probably be the last time

Posted Image

#47 Sir

Sir

Rookie

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Name:This Is The Internet....
  • Fan Since:1989

Posted February 10, 2009 - 01:35 PM

Game505... that was not directed towards u... that was at Nissan... he is annoying me 4 no reason... u told me not to bypass the filter... and i asked y wwas wat i said wrong if it isn't even the correct swearing. then Mr. Nissan wanted to tell me to not bypass the filter after u already told me not too... which i had not done so again. in othere posts he is ignorant towards me. i made a topic in the music section about jay-z's The Blueprint 3, and he comes puttn his 2 cents in just because i had a problem with him earlier. ONCE AGAIN... i broke the rules once, and i don plan on doing so again. but ur Nissan is a troublemaker... i see him causing havoc with other folks too... 1 moderator is enough to moderate me. and that was you. not him. Thank You for YOUR concerns.
"Tryna Get That Kobe number, 1 over Jordan."

#48 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 10, 2009 - 01:37 PM

u r funny, u don't have to worry about me "breaken rules"... i won't give you the satisfaction of getting my kicked off. unlike you, i have a life, i comment sparingly. hi hater, bye hater.

Goodbye.

#49 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 10, 2009 - 01:43 PM

man, that SIR guy went from commenting on Hollingers stats, to talking crap to Nissan, then to getting kicked off, in a matter of 2 minutes LOL
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#50 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,332 posts

Posted February 10, 2009 - 02:08 PM

hollinger made an entire stat designed to make sure MJ stayed the greatest of all time

he has his biases and because of that like any other media outlet you take it with a grain of salt

you can't hate on him and then love writers who are bias towards the lakers

you have to take the good with the bad everyone has an opinion

having said that i think john hollinger is a mathmetician who knows very little about basketball and really just tries to justifiy all his ridiculous statements by using a numbers system he frequently edits to suit his needs

if his numbers disagree with him he fixes them i mean last year he said allen iverson and antawn jaimison were more deserving of the MVP than kobe

the guy is not bias he is dumb and has no basketball credibility for years he has said ginobili is as good if not better than kobe

the guy is a nut job so ignore him
Posted Image

#51 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted February 10, 2009 - 02:08 PM

Sir made one post where he cursed, but the ones after that didn't warrant a ban.

Well maybe the ALL CAPS post did cuz it was annoying.

Beetlejuice is a bad word? When he wrote that, I thought that was actually the dude's name lol, had to go back and look at it a few times.

And I didn't see Beetlejuice do any wrong either.

Just random confusing unnecessary arguing...

Anyways, who cares about these rankings, once again.

#52 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,919 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 10, 2009 - 02:11 PM

Sir made one post where he cursed, but the ones after that didn't warrant a ban.

Beetlejuice is a bad word? When he wrote that, I thought that was actually the dude's name lol, had to go back and look at it a few times.

Telling someone they don't have a life, and having registered multiple times already, warrants a ban. You seem to question every decision we make lately, without really knowing anything about them.

#53 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,332 posts

Posted February 10, 2009 - 02:11 PM

you haven't seen how he went after nissan in other threads

he literally searched for where nissan was and attacked him
Posted Image

#54 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted February 10, 2009 - 02:30 PM

Telling someone they don't have a life, and having registered multiple times already, warrants a ban. You seem to question every decision we make lately, without really knowing anything about them.

Telling someone they don't have a life happens very often, hope not everyone gets banned for that, but multiple accounts and what he's done in other threads would warrant a ban.

I question stuff a lot. I question members everyone on any forum, and I don't treat mods like they're above other members (I'm a supermod on another site), so I will equally question mods too. I do it in real life many times. Gets me in trouble a lot.

And I just did it based on this thread, whatever evidence I had in front of me. Just like how I believe Ken when he says that Beetle was annoying him a lot recently, but in this thread most mods agreed that he didn't really do anything.

I wasn't defending any of them from being banned or anything, I'd have no reason to. Sir didn't seem like a very useful member either way.

#55 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 10, 2009 - 03:01 PM

Why did you called him Beetlejuice?

I thought it was cute. He called me "Kenny" a couple of times, so Beethovenite, Beetlejuice, whatever.

#56 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted February 10, 2009 - 04:29 PM

:lolabove:

grow up you guys :lol:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#57 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts

Posted February 10, 2009 - 04:43 PM

Goodbye.

:lol: :lol:

Classic...simply classic!!!

#58 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,809 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted February 10, 2009 - 04:44 PM

what do you think this is junior high or something? no one is going to explain that to you, and if you seriously can't understand it then you won't be on this forum long cuz you'll be banned for continuing to break the rules

quicker than i thought...

also he didn't get banned because he told someone they have no life, he got banned because he was a troll

if you had read some of his other posts in other threads, you would have realized that too

i also like how after i owned him, he tried to say his post wasn't directed at me, when he actually quoted me in the post...

Posted Image

#59 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 10, 2009 - 04:46 PM

Bill Simmons = BS
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#60 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,867 posts

Posted February 10, 2009 - 04:50 PM

Hollinger doesn't watch the game. He looks at the stats.

If anyone thinks they can critique and analyze basketball based on the numbers alone, you are sorely mistaken...

That, or you've never played basketball.

There are just too many factors there. And since he's using numbers that are likely going to level off over the course of the season, there won't be much weekly variation later on in the season. That's yet another reason his system is flawed.

And the relationship between the numbers he's picked are not without exception or qualification. To try to establish a direct correlation takes him from the realm of mathematics and statistics to the esoteric and gnostic dimensions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users