#1 TheAssassin611

TheAssassin611

"The Young Assassin"

• 892 posts
  • Name:Mohammad Abdulrauf L. Lauban
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 09, 2009 - 02:04 AM

"I heard that when I walked into the locker room," said Lamar Odom. "I was like, 'OK, this is about me.' "

This is about me?

Lamar Odom says that kind of thing about as often as he grows hair.

It's never about him. Even when the Lakers have begged it to be about him, it's never about him.

It's about teammates to whom he gently deferred when moving to the bench. It's about his late son, whose face is sadly tattooed on his back.

It's about losing himself in the flow of others, disappearing in the drama of the moment, dissolving his ego in the search for his elusive championship, 6 feet 10 and darn near invisible.

"He's even in a contract year and he's acting like that," said Jordan Farmar. "We notice it and, in a lot of ways, we really admire it."

Then, Sunday, against a possible Finals opponent in an impossibly difficult gym, Lamar Odom realized he was needed to be somebody else.

Somebody selfish. Somebody angry. Somebody great.

"With Kobe sick, I thought only one thing," Odom said. "First time I got the ball, I had to go to the hole. And I had to keep going to the hole."

Today, it is the suddenly vulnerable Cleveland Cavaliers who are in that hole, while it is Odom who is climbing out of it after having his most important game in five disillusioning Lakers seasons.

The former lightweight stomped across the Quicken Loans Arena court for 28 points and 17 rebounds as the Cavaliers' 23-game home winning streak collapsed under his tonnage.

The final score was 101-91, and, after several hours of hearty Midwestern cheers, the final sounds were silence.

Odom silently hugging Pau Gasol for the longest moments after the buzzer.

Coach Phil Jackson standing silently when asked about the last time he had seen such production from Odom.

Odom silently dressing with his back to dozens of reporters who couldn't believe what they had just witnessed on the court.

When he finally turned around to talk, somewhat surprisingly, the impeccably dressed Odom had not buttoned his shirt or tied his tie.

"In honor of this blue-collar city, I will talk with an open collar," he said with a grin.

LINK

#2 Beef

Beef

Rookie

• 392 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Bynum

Posted February 09, 2009 - 02:30 AM

Lamar played good,cause this was the first time he didn't smoke weed before the game as a laker! :lol:

Congrats tho,Lamar won the game for us!!!

Edited by Beef, February 09, 2009 - 02:31 AM.

#3 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted February 09, 2009 - 02:55 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by ILLWiLL20, February 09, 2009 - 01:36 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,305 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 09, 2009 - 04:21 AM

Lamar delivered "The Goods" and showed how important is he for this ballclub ! Good job, L.O. ! Keep it up :rock: !!!

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#5 Klewfish

Klewfish

Reppin' LA on the East Coast

• 1,443 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:Game 4 of 2000 NBA Finals

Posted February 09, 2009 - 09:14 AM

I was really glad to see Lamar have a game like that. I've always really liked Lamar, and he's capable of having games like that a lot more often than he does.
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.

#6 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,312 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted February 09, 2009 - 09:20 AM

Keep on going Lamar !

#7 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted February 09, 2009 - 09:27 AM

The awesome thing is if the guy stays true to his word, he's more than willing to take a major paycut just to remain a Laker. That's how badly he wants to stay a Laker. That would be an absolute steal. That's one of the major reasons, if not the most major why personally I've almost always been against trading him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users