Photo

Adam Morrison Was Always Hard To Figure

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,532 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:34 AM

Posted Image

Adam Morrison was odd.

Not a bad guy, not a selfish guy. Just odd, in a way I'd never before encountered in two decades covering the NBA.

When an NBA player acts odd, it's usually an over-abundance of arrogance or boastfulness. Those guys think so much of themselves, they stop listening to what anyone else thinks.

Morrison was just the opposite; he listened too much. His rookie season, he was so conscious of the crowd screaming “Shoot!'' that he did so every time the ball hit his hands. He knew that wasn't his game – he was more a creative scorer than a pure shooter at Gonzaga – but he tried pleasing everyone and instead pleased no one.

The problems were numerous. Morrison had to be a prolific scorer just to keep pace with everything he gave up at the other end. Teams would target him relentlessly (did you notice Marvin Williams' 20 free throws Friday?), forcing teammates to take fouls once Morrison's man dribbled past him.

The strange thing (one of many) was, Morrison never addressed his weaknesses. He was often the first player off the court after practice, despite all of his liabilities. It was as if he'd accepted this fate, rather than fighting through it.

http://www.charlotte...ory/523907.html

#2 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 09, 2009 - 08:49 AM

Poorly-constructed offenses usually don't bring out the best in any player.

Give Morrison a real coach, great teammates, and a will to win, and watch what happens.

#3 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted February 09, 2009 - 08:57 AM

Rather than being cynical, I still remain very optimistic. I will be rooting for that stache. :rock:

#4 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,755 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 09, 2009 - 11:41 AM

The rest of that article is a horrible parting shot at Morrison. Way to stay classy <_<

#5 Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles

Bile

• 280 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Byron Scott

Posted February 09, 2009 - 11:57 AM

The rest of that article is a horrible parting shot at Morrison. Way to stay classy <_<

In the writers defense, Stache was the 3rd overall pick and should have provided more from that high. Of course, that's more Jordan's fault that anyone's. But if its true that he was always the first off the court after practice, then he deserves a few shots.

#6 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,747 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 09, 2009 - 11:59 AM

Morrison was a very good shooter...one of the best in college history. Good scorer with more IQ than given credit for.

Terrible fit for CHAR...another MJ disaster we will try to salvage.

Mitch and Phil still have soft spots for MJ...I'm glad it hasn't burned us...too much.

#7 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 09, 2009 - 12:00 PM

Mitch and Phil still have soft spots for MJ...I'm glad it hasn't burned us...too much.

The NBA is one big fraternity. Thank God for the Jerry West/Griz connection and for the Phil/MJ connection, or very few teams would trade with us.

#8 G-Small

G-Small

Lakers World Order

• 441 posts
  • Name:G-Small
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:Nickey Maxwell VanExel III

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:41 PM

Adam is about to breakout in L.A.

He has a hippie type coach in Phil, he's back on the west coast where we have the best stickey ickey, and he'll be wide open for as long as he plays with Kobe Bryant.

#9 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:45 PM

I'll be happy if he scores 6-7 points off the bench and shoots around 40% from 3's.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users