#21 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 09, 2009 - 11:26 AM

Saying that Vlade just wanted a few extra minutes on the floor is "defending" him ?

c'mon now.

If that's how you choose to read his post.

#22 elpermic

elpermic

Rookie

• 1,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:worthy, kobe, magic

Posted February 09, 2009 - 11:33 AM

You guys love to trash Luke Walton, Sasha and LO, but you defend Buzz Kill. I don't get it.

When have I ever trash talked about Luke, Sasha, or Odom?

I'd plow Vanessa Bryant.

#23 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,313 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted February 09, 2009 - 11:34 AM

If that's how you choose to read his post.

Vlade just wanted playing time, can't blame him, hopefully he'll shoot lights out over there in Charlotte.

hmm.. I don't get you. He just said said that Vlade wanted more playing time. How can you read it any differently ?

Edited by Makaveli'#24, February 09, 2009 - 11:34 AM.

#24 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 11:35 AM

When have I ever trash talked about Luke, Sasha, or Odom?

Not necessarily you, but there are many, many, many Lakers fans who can't stand Luke, Lamar and Sasha, and who love Buzz Kill for some reason. I'm sorry if I lumped you in. My bad.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 09, 2009 - 11:35 AM.

#25 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:17 PM

Here's another gem from Buzz Kill: "I've been playing 3 and 4 my whole career,'' Radmanovic said. "Obviously I'm a little quicker than most 6-10 guys, so I can guard smaller players.''

He's "obviously" a little quicker [translation: weaker, can't defend them, can't out rebound them] than most 6'10" guys." He is?

He can "guard smaller players"? He can?

Yeah, he's played the 3 or 4 his whole career. No one can figure out what to do with his deficiencies, not even Phil Jackson. Good Luck, Larry.

I'm glad I can now officially put him on the list of my Top 10 Most Despised Players in the NBA.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 09, 2009 - 01:19 PM.

#26 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:18 PM

I added Vlade on my fantasy teams. he's gonna shoot the lights out in charlotte.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#27 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:22 PM

I added Vlade on my fantasy teams. he's gonna shoot the lights out in charlotte.

Let's see how patient you are with him. By the way, who is he going to play ahead of? Wallace? Diaw? Okafor? Once they realize what a mistake they made, Juwan Howard will get more minutes and they'll beg Sean May to lose weight.

#28 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:26 PM

Radman will be traded again,...Mike wont put up with his crap.
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#29 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted February 09, 2009 - 02:00 PM

I hope Radman plays well in Charlotte. I really liked him his 1st year(before the "slipping on ice"/snowboard thing). He was funny, he had energy, and people liked him. All those dances and everything, he was having fun.

But sadly, the snowboard thing happened and he was never the same person.
Posted Image

#30 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,981 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 09, 2009 - 03:19 PM

Come on now Vladi.

Trevor, Jordan, Sasha, Luke, Josh, then onto Maurice Evans, Glen Rice, Ron Harper, Brian Shaw, and several more have had no problem getting theirs in the system.

#31 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 03:26 PM

Come on now Vladi.

Trevor, Jordan, Sasha, Luke, Josh, then onto Maurice Evans, Glen Rice, Ron Harper, Brian Shaw, and several more have had no problem getting theirs in the system.

Not to mention all the Bulls role players who preceded them. The reality is that Buzz Kill is an imperfect player. As opposed to Luke Walton, who does nothing great but everything well, Buzz Kill does one thing great (some of the time) and nothing else well. Good riddance.

#32 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted February 09, 2009 - 04:31 PM

What is true about what Buzz Kill said? Please explain to me how the triangle offense somehow hurts role players? It's all about how to maximize role players. What did Ronny Turiaf say? Other than blocked shots, why don't you compare Ronny's numbers on the Warriors to his numbers on the Lakers. Here, I'll help you: http://sports.espn.g...s?playerId=2789 You'll notice that he's playinga little more with them, but not much. I have no idea what you're talking about.

I just watched a one hour DVD of the Championship season of 1999-2000. Nice trip down memory lane. Anybody recall Robert Horry, Rick Fox, Brian Shaw and Ron Harper? Roll players all. All benefiting from the triangle. Radmonovich was a buzz kill who never grokked the triangle. It sounds like sour grapes

#33 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted February 09, 2009 - 04:40 PM

This last effort at a buzz kill fell flat on its face, like the Buzz Kill, the waste of money he was. Role players thrive in the triangle. There's no ball hog point guard and it's predicated on sharing the ball. Hence, you never saw any Bull averaging more than 6 assists per game or any of Philip's Lakers teams either. From Rick Fox to Glen Rice to Brian Shaw to Derek Fisher to Luke Walton to our current Bench Mob, I assure you that every one of them would disagree with that spacy comment. The bottom line is that Buzz Kill can shoot a rainbow 3 and that's about it. At 6'10", he can't play the pinch post (Luke can and does), he can't slash, he can't rebound and he can't defend. His passing did improve over time, but that was a function of the triangle offense. He will fail everywhere he goes because he thinks he's a number 2 option, but never will be. If he thought he didn't get enough touches with the Lakers, just wait. The only good fortune he has is that he is going to a Larry Brown coached team that plays possession by possession and his offense also involves sharing the basketball. Once Gerald Wallace is healthy and Larry Brown realizes that Buzz Kill can neither defend nor rebound, he'll be rotting and complaining at the end of the bench.

AMEN.

Vlad is a scrub, ok. Kwame, Smush, Devean, Slava, could all do MORE than one thing. Kwame played good D and was fairly quick, Smuch had amazing on-ball D and was athletic and could make a 3 once in a while. Devean played D and could shoot the 3, and Slava was the machine before Sasha.

Vlad, just shoots, that's it. Can't guard power forwards, and doesn't have enough IQ to guard a smaller player. I lost all respect for him in the playoffs when the Nuggets put Anthony Carter on him, and he couldn't take him to the box..just tried to shoot over him. This fool got 10 inches and at least 50 pounds on him and couldn't take him! That's why I love Luke and Lamar and will always defend them cause they're versatile, even though they disappear at times. I wish Vlad the best, but he was indeed a space cadet.

And EVERY PLAYER wants more PT, for the record. And if he wanted it, he should have worked on his paint game

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#34 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 09, 2009 - 04:42 PM

People only remember the positive things he does... He can shoot, I give him that...

His passing is below average, very poor rebounder, always lost on defensive assignments, no post game, space cadet moments, etc... He is complaining because when he was in Seattle, he had the green light to chuck shots... In LA land, you get equal opportunity, IF you can move without the ball...

As much as I hate Luke Walton, he is not one-dimensional... He can pass, shoot, cut off the ball, and even have some post game... All Space Cadet does is shoot... He will never shoot those percentage again...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#35 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 04:49 PM

As much as I hate Luke Walton, he is not one-dimensional... He can pass, shoot, cut off the ball, and even have some post game... All Space Cadet does is shoot... He will never shoot those percentage again...

Then maybe you should quit hating Luke Walton so much. He does nothing great, but everything well. He's a perfect role player for the triangle AND HE APPRECIATES IT!! Plus he has Buzz Kill out of the way, so his confidence will soar and he'll focus even better.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 09, 2009 - 04:50 PM.

#36 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 09, 2009 - 06:32 PM

STEVE KERR, TONY KUKOC....also were key in the triangle. Kerr being the example of what Vlad should have been
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#37 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted February 09, 2009 - 06:36 PM

I understand what Vlad is trying to say. But at least he'll be a little more 'liberated' with his new team. It'll just be hella scary when we play them. haha. It seems like every laker who left plays so well against us.

#38 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted February 09, 2009 - 07:30 PM

Vlady was 5-10 (3-5 from 3) today. Pretty good game.

#39 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,147 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 07:33 PM

vlad just because you never understood it doesn't mean it doesn't work
Posted Image

#40 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 07:33 PM

Vlady was 5-10 (3-5 from 3) today. Pretty good game.

Buzz Kill had a few good games for us, too. He probably played with some emotion tonight. He'll revert to his old self. He can't help it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users