LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:04 AM

Radmanovic rattled

Vladimir Radmanovic, the most recent ex-Laker, passed a physical Sunday but did not play in the Charlotte Bobcats' 96-92 loss to Miami.

He did find time to say the triangle offense was not a good fit for him, or for other role players.

"Here, I'll do what I do best. Being a Laker was a great experience, but it was also frustrating not knowing when and how I'd play," he told the Charlotte Observer. "Phil's system, great as it is, doesn't give a role player much opportunity. For Kobe Bryant, it's great. For Pau Gasol, it's great. But role players don't do much."

Radmanovic was sent to the Bobcats on Saturday for small forward Adam Morrison and shooting guard Shannon Brown in a deal that will ultimately trim $8.5 million from the Lakers' payroll.

Via LA Times.

#2 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:26 AM

i like vlad as a person but his wording sounds like he wanted more shots and some star status
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#3 Mr. 24

Mr. 24

Rookie

• 441 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:28 AM

I smell bitterness.

#4 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,304 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:30 AM

sorry vlad we can't do anything about it I loved you man just don't whine now

#5 fanboyslim

fanboyslim

Rookie

• 238 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:39 AM

I think he's just saying that one-dimensional (or being kind, not too versatile) players have a hard time playing the triangle, and I agree with him. I don't think that's a knock on either Phil or the triangle. It's just a statement of a fact.

#6 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 03:16 AM

Phil was making him rot on the bench and kept teasing him, he could have said much worse.

#7 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 09, 2009 - 04:24 AM

Well he has a point... It is because learning the triangle is no easy task... Him being one dimensional doesn't help either...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#8 blessededward

blessededward

Rookie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name:Edward Chernow
  • Fan Since:1960's
  • Fav. Laker:magic

Posted February 09, 2009 - 05:17 AM

What Radman forgot to say is role players that are sooo weak mentally and without any guts don't get any minutes...we see Phil has no problem playing Trevor plenty of minutes because he plays hard and smart and is focused on defense as well as offense...none of these things have EVER applied to Radman...so take your weak mind, heart and defense and enjoy NC...Mitch should have voided his contract last year after the snowboard lie!!! But I hear there are some nice lakes back there for wakeboarding LOL but not much snowboarding...pity!!!

Edited by blessededward, February 09, 2009 - 05:35 AM.

#9 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 09, 2009 - 06:36 AM

BTW Space Cadet, the triangle made these scrubs look serviceable/average:

Smush Parker - out of the league
Slava Medvedenko - out of the league
Kwame Brown - sucking in Detroit
Devean George - don't even get me started
Brian Cook - on SVG's doghouse

Triangle offense = equal opportunities, if you can move without the ball

Edited by Avtomat Kalashnikov, February 09, 2009 - 06:55 AM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#10 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 08:50 AM

Doesn't give a role player much opportunity?

Trevor Ariza, Sasha Vujacic, Jordan Farmar, Luke Walton, Lamar Odom all get opportunities.

You went snowboarding and constantly looked loss on the court, there's a reason you got the nickname Space Cadet and it wasn't because of the system.

Have fun in Charlotte. You can go get your stats there and then enjoy watching us in the finals.

#11 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 09, 2009 - 09:54 AM

Doesn't give a role player much opportunity?

Trevor Ariza, Sasha Vujacic, Jordan Farmar, Luke Walton, Lamar Odom all get opportunities.

You went snowboarding and constantly looked loss on the court, there's a reason you got the nickname Space Cadet and it wasn't because of the system.

Have fun in Charlotte. You can go get your stats there and then enjoy watching us in the finals.

This last effort at a buzz kill fell flat on its face, like the Buzz Kill, the waste of money he was. Role players thrive in the triangle. There's no ball hog point guard and it's predicated on sharing the ball. Hence, you never saw any Bull averaging more than 6 assists per game or any of Philip's Lakers teams either. From Rick Fox to Glen Rice to Brian Shaw to Derek Fisher to Luke Walton to our current Bench Mob, I assure you that every one of them would disagree with that spacy comment. The bottom line is that Buzz Kill can shoot a rainbow 3 and that's about it. At 6'10", he can't play the pinch post (Luke can and does), he can't slash, he can't rebound and he can't defend. His passing did improve over time, but that was a function of the triangle offense. He will fail everywhere he goes because he thinks he's a number 2 option, but never will be. If he thought he didn't get enough touches with the Lakers, just wait. The only good fortune he has is that he is going to a Larry Brown coached team that plays possession by possession and his offense also involves sharing the basketball. Once Gerald Wallace is healthy and Larry Brown realizes that Buzz Kill can neither defend nor rebound, he'll be rotting and complaining at the end of the bench.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 09, 2009 - 09:58 AM.

#12 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 09:56 AM

This last effort at a buzz kill fell flat on its face, like the Buzz Kill, waste of money he was. Role players thrive in the triangle. There's no ball hog point guard and it's predicated on sharing the ball. Hence, you never saw any Bull averaging more than 6 assists per game or any of Philip's Lakers teams either. From Rick Fox to Glen Rice to Brian Shaw to Derek Fisher to Luke Walton to our current Bench Mob, I assure you that every one of them would disagree with that spacy comment. The bottom line is that Buzz Kill can shoot a rainbow 3 and that's about it. At 6'10", he can't play the pinch post (Luke can and does), he can't rebound and he can't defend. His passing did improve over time, but that was a function of the triangle offense. He will fail everywhere he goes because he thinks he's a number 2 option, but never will be. If he thought he didn't get enough touches with the Lakers, just wait. The only good fortune he has is that he is going to a Larry Brown coached team that playes possession by possession and his offense also involves sharing the basketball. Once Gerald Wallace is healthy and Larry Brown realizes that Buzz Kill can neither defend nor rebound, he'll be rotting and complaining at the end of the bench.

Agree with everything you said. I hope Phil Jackson reacts to his comments haha.

#13 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,776 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 09, 2009 - 10:25 AM

I don't know what Vlad Rad is talking about. When ever he did what he does best (which is shoot), he had HUGE games.

When he missed those shots, he couldn't stay on the floor.

That's it. Nothing complicated. Keep knocking down shots and you will keep getting shots. If that was too hard to figure out, I'm glad we are talking about his stint in past tense because there was no future there.

Same with Sasha. People want Sasha to stop shooting...are you crazy? That's the reason he's on the floor!!!!!!!

#14 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 10:29 AM

I don't know what Vlad Rad is talking about. When ever he did what he does best (which is shoot), he had HUGE games.

HUGE? I'd say he made a positive difference once in a blue moon, but HUGE?? He was a buzz kill.

#15 elpermic

elpermic

Rookie

• 1,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:worthy, kobe, magic

Posted February 09, 2009 - 10:34 AM

Vlade just wanted playing time, can't blame him, hopefully he'll shoot lights out over there in Charlotte.

I'd plow Vanessa Bryant.

#16 azk81

azk81

Rookie

• 831 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 10:50 AM

what radmanovic said is true. ronny turiaf actually said the same when with the warriors, and i doubt he was taking any shots.
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

-Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Gone, Never Forgotten.

#17 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 11:03 AM

what radmanovic said is true. ronny turiaf actually said the same when with the warriors, and i doubt he was taking any shots.

What is true about what Buzz Kill said? Please explain to me how the triangle offense somehow hurts role players? It's all about how to maximize role players. What did Ronny Turiaf say? Other than blocked shots, why don't you compare Ronny's numbers on the Warriors to his numbers on the Lakers. Here, I'll help you: http://sports.espn.g...s?playerId=2789 You'll notice that he's playinga little more with them, but not much. I have no idea what you're talking about.

#18 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 11:05 AM

Vlade just wanted playing time, can't blame him, hopefully he'll shoot lights out over there in Charlotte.

You guys love to trash Luke Walton, Sasha and LO, but you defend Buzz Kill. I don't get it.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 09, 2009 - 11:06 AM.

#19 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,776 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 09, 2009 - 11:11 AM

HUGE? I'd say he made a positive difference once in a blue moon, but HUGE?? He was a buzz kill.

How about being a 2nd or 3rd leading scorer in the game that has Kobe, Pau and/or Bynum?

He did his job. Nights he was on, he'd shoot 60-70% from 3. That was huge for us.

#20 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,312 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted February 09, 2009 - 11:19 AM

You guys love to trash Luke Walton, Sasha and LO, but you defend Buzz Kill. I don't get it.

Saying that Vlade just wanted a few extra minutes on the floor is "defending" him ?

c'mon now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users