67 replies to this topic

#41 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 12:16 AM

DID WE WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP?

IS THAT PAU'S FAULT?

Or could Kobe's horrible shooting also be to blame?

like i said they are finesse players not power players which makes em weaker..

But not weaker skill wise.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#42 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 12:17 AM

Last time I checked Bosh wasn't European. And what part of "At least Pau managed to play good defense on Duncan and Boozer in the playoffs" have you missed?

and you singling out one american player who is a finesse player doesnt help your arguement becuz we are arguing that euros are mostly finesse players and thats just irrelevant to the whole arguement.

#43 wong63

wong63

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 12:21 AM

IS THAT PAU'S FAULT?

Or could Kobe's horrible shooting also be to blame?

But not weaker skill wise.

im not saying that its pau's fault entirely but us not being able to defend the paint from easy layups was a HUGE deal and if we had a big man who could clog the paint(bynum) we couldve had a better chance......
..and yes thats the whole point of the argument do you not get it? its a style of play most likely if your a finesse player your weaker in terms of toughness and physicality and power players you can say are usually not as skilled, and are euros not usually finesse players?

Edited by wong63, February 09, 2009 - 12:24 AM.

#44 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 12:23 AM

and you singling out one american player who is a finesse player doesnt help your arguement becuz we are arguing that euros are mostly finesse players and thats just irrelevant to the whole arguement.

So what you are saying is that most Americans are power players and most Europeans are finesse players?

I would agree here.

But I don't think most Americans being power players makes them better.

im not saying thats pau's fault entirely but us not being able to defend the paint from easy layups was a ig deal and if we had a big man who could clog the paint(bynum) we couldve had a better chance.....and yes that the whole point of the argument do you not get it? its a style of play most likely if your a fineness player your weaker in terms of toughness and physicality and power players you can say are usually not as skilled, and are euros not usually finesse players

If we had Bynum instead of Pau, I think we'd score a whole lot less though. I know Pau's numbers in the Finals weren't great, but him being on the floor passing the ball would have had more of an effect than Bynum offensively.

Edited by Darth Bynumite, February 09, 2009 - 12:23 AM.

#45 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted February 09, 2009 - 12:23 AM

IS THAT PAU'S FAULT?

Exactly, wtf? This guy acts like Pau was the sole and biggest reason by far we lost the finals. He's just coming off as a straight up Pau hater. If you don't like Pau or appreciate what he's doing for us and everything he has done for us, then you are CLEARLY not a Laker fan. That is pretty obvious. You've been exposed.

#46 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 12:25 AM

Exactly, wtf? This guy acts like Pau was the sole and biggest reason by far we lost the finals. He's just coming off as a straight up Pau hater. If you don't like Pau or appreciate what he's doing for us and everything he has done for us, then you are CLEARLY not a Laker fan. That is pretty obvious. You've been exposed.

It's ok to criticize your own players, but saying Pau is the reason or even one of the main reasons we lost in the final is ridiculous.

One player doesn't make the rest of your team play good defense.

#47 wong63

wong63

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 12:30 AM

So what you are saying is that most Americans are power players and most Europeans are finesse players?

I would agree here.

But I don't think most Americans being power players makes them better.

If we had Bynum instead of Pau, I think we'd score a whole lot less though. I know Pau's numbers in the Finals weren't great, but him being on the floor passing the ball would have had more of an effect than Bynum offensively.

i never said power players were any better than americans i just generalized euros as being softer/weaker players....and who said we couldnt of had both in the finals

are you keeping up with the posts? or are you just coming out of the wood works when you here pau?

#48 wong63

wong63

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 12:32 AM

It's ok to criticize your own players, but saying Pau is the reason or even one of the main reasons we lost in the final is ridiculous.

i never said pau was the main reason we lost....here is what i said cuz i guess you guys didnt hear me clearly

"im not saying that its pau's fault entirely but us not being able to defend the paint from easy layups was a HUGE deal and if we had a big man who could clog the paint(bynum) we couldve had a better chance"

#49 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 12:33 AM

i never said power players were any better than americans i just generalized euros as being softer/weaker players....and who said we couldnt of had both in the finals

I agree that more European players are finesse players, but calling them straight out "soft/weak" is abit unfair. As I said before, Pau doesn't smash bodies with his opponents but if you look at the amount of points his opposing PF/C's score, it's fairly impressive, especially when you compare it with the amount he scores. I also wouldn't call a PF, who is leading the top NBA rebounding team in rebounds, "soft".

#50 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted February 09, 2009 - 12:36 AM

Anybody who claims to be a Laker fan and bashes Pau time & time again, showing their lack of gratefulness for what he's done for us ever since he came here and what he continues to do, truly isn't a Laker fan. I rarely go that route, but in this case, it couldn't be any more painstakingly obvious. Everytime you bash Pau ridiculously you're just exposing yourself more & more. Now I'm not saying you can't criticize any of the players, specifically Pau in this case, but there's a fine line between the way one does it, the extent, and WHO the player is. If it's one of the crappier players on our team like Walton, who still contributes to this team in his own right, it's more understandeable, but Pau does not deserve that kind of hate.

#51 wong63

wong63

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 12:39 AM

I agree that more European players are finesse players, but calling them straight out "soft/weak" is abit unfair. As I said before, Pau doesn't smash bodies with his opponents but if you look at the amount of points his opposing PF/C's score, it's fairly impressive, especially when you compare it with the amount he scores. I also wouldn't call a PF, who is leading the top NBA rebounding team in rebounds, "soft".

i said weaker and pau is clearly weaker than most big men in the league just because you lead the league doesnt make you tough like i said it's the way they goes about things he does it in a finesse way he isnt out bullying people for rebounds like dwight howard instead uses his skill to get rebounds

and one player can sure as hell help when everyone doesnt have to collapse to the paint when someone drives since we have no shot blocking threat

Edited by wong63, February 09, 2009 - 12:40 AM.

#52 wong63

wong63

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 12:45 AM

Anybody who claims to be a Laker fan and bashes Pau time & time again, showing their lack of gratefulness for what he's done for us ever since he came here and what he continues to do, truly isn't a Laker fan. I rarely go that route, but in this case, it couldn't be any more painstakingly obvious. Everytime you bash Pau ridiculously you're just exposing yourself more & more. Now I'm not saying you can't criticize any of the players, specifically Pau in this case, but there's a fine line between the way one does it, the extent, and WHO the player is. If it's one of the crappier players on our team like Walton, who still contributes to this team in his own right, it's more understandeable, but Pau does not deserve that kind of hate.

dude go back to jump start and read every post im not bashing pau im saying he isnt as tough as most the PF's or C's in the league and thats that...he is more of a finesse player and by no means does this take away what he does on the court for the lakers its just him he isnt a bully like Stu Lantz and that white guy says all the time he wasnt raised that way and he is a nice kid.

lmao at exposing myself more and more

Edited by wong63, February 09, 2009 - 12:50 AM.

#53 Kenrae

Kenrae

Metal Mutant

• 954 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 12:59 AM

DID WE WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP?

No. Because, you know, the other teams can play too.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent

#54 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:00 AM

You guys need to chill. Mike Miller is probably dead. :nervous:

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#55 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:03 AM

hard to say really, some say dirty play but miller did put the ball up in the air and he was going after the ball it just happened to smack him in the head.

hard maybe, but wouldnt kill the guy.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#56 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:05 AM

hard to say really, some say dirty play but miller did put the ball up in the air and he was going after the ball it just happened to smack him in the head.

Nah, David West is too weak. Mike Miller was running at like 200 mph, the impact would kill him. :nervous:

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#57 wong63

wong63

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:08 AM

truth be told i seen the same thing if he wouldnt of tried to be fancy with the ball he wouldnt of got cracked lol

JUST KIDDING

#58 Kenrae

Kenrae

Metal Mutant

• 954 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:08 AM

Someone here is confusing "strong" with "tough". Pau is weaker than most of his rivals, that doesn't mean he's soft or not tough. It takes someone tough to bang every night with stronger opponents and still usually do it great. For instance, doing what Howard or Shaq do is not being tough, is being stronger than the rest, what's difficult is what Iverson has done through all these years, that's real toughness (and, as much as I hate him, Garnett would be another example).

Oh, and just because you have skill (i.e. are finesse) that doesn't mean you're soft.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent

#59 wong63

wong63

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:11 AM

Someone here is confusing "strong" with "tough". Pau is weaker than most of his rivals, that doesn't mean he's soft or not tough. It takes someone tough to bang every night with stronger opponents and still usually do it great. For instance, doing what Howard or Shaq do is not being tough, is being stronger than the rest, what's difficult is what Iverson has done through all these years, that's real toughness (and, as much as I hate him, Garnett would be another example).

Oh, and just because you have skill (i.e. are finesse) that doesn't mean you're soft.

so answer this question for me was Pau showing toughness in the finals?

i know it doesnt mean they are soft but most of the time are they not weaker than the shaq's and dwight howards in the league?

Edited by wong63, February 09, 2009 - 01:13 AM.

#60 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:14 AM

Everybody in here better relax before I get this locked up. Count to 10 next time you feel like posting and choose your words carefully. No need to turn this into a racial debate.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users