• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2009 - 09:16 AM

David Lee sat down for an interview with the New York Post recently, and admitted that he wasn't thrilled with the fans at Madison Square Garden after they cheered Kobe Bryant's 61-point performance on Monday night.

"I wasn't thrilled about it, just 'cause it was in our building. People had Kobe (Bryant) jerseys on and there were Laker fans ... and also, you don't see 60-point performances very often, and I know the fans were excited, and they would have been even more excited had it been a Knick scoring 61, so I don't think you can blame the fans for that," Lee said.

realgm.com

Maybe you shouldn't be thrilled with your teams defense that allowed Kobe to go for 61.

#2 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted February 08, 2009 - 09:53 AM

What about Lebron?

#3 Flash

Flash

Junior

• 283 posts

Posted February 08, 2009 - 10:10 AM

Lebron didn't have half the chants Kobe had.

#4 kingjeezy♕

kingjeezy♕

Creator of All Interesting Threads™

• 3,051 posts
  • Name:RJNavarrete
  • Fan Since:1993

Posted February 08, 2009 - 11:47 AM

Spike Lee [no relation] said that the only time he ever heard MSG give a visiting player MVP chants was Kobe's night. Not LeBron. Not even MJ. Kobe.

#5 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,810 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted February 08, 2009 - 11:49 AM

NY is about basketball, they love and know their basketball better than any other state. i think that why you have a lot of kobe fans in NY, and thats why you heard the chants...people out there really truly appreciate greatness...i'm willing to bet there weren't too many actual knicks fans chanting kobe, or MVP...i'm sure they were kobe/laker fans...

i bet there aren't too many places outside of the midwest where you'll find more bron bron fans than kobe fans...at least not anymore

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users