90 replies to this topic

#61 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 08, 2009 - 09:45 AM

Vlad Rad did well for us. I was satisfied with him starting. What I wasn't satisfied with was his constantly being injured, missing practices, and costing a whole lot. If Morrison replaces Vlad-Rad's perimter threat, this trade is a huge steal for us, considering he doesn't have that longer contract.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#62 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,732 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 08, 2009 - 09:52 AM

:lol:

Thanks guys!

Also, let's say that things work out incredibly well with Morrison. You're now looking at Mitch building the team up for the future while maintaining the integrity and depth of the team for the now.

In the post-Kobe era a burgeoning lineup of:

C - Bynum
PF - Gasol (not as old as everyone thinks he is sometimes)
SF - Ariza / Morrison
SG - Mayo (it will happen, believe me)
PG - Farmar

Not too bad.

Anyway, back to the topic...

I have thought a lot about that, I think Mayo will end up playing with the Lakers, he is destined to come to LA soon or later. I´d be the happiest day of my life...

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#63 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 08, 2009 - 09:59 AM

Vlad Rad did well for us. I was satisfied with him starting. What I wasn't satisfied with was his constantly being injured, missing practices, and costing a whole lot. If Morrison replaces Vlad-Rad's perimter threat, this trade is a huge steal for us, considering he doesn't have that longer contract.

"Vlad Rad" did well for us? You have GOT to be kidding me. I can't even get myself to call him "Vlad Rad." For every 3 he'd hit, he'd give up 6 or kill a run. He's one of the worst rebounders and defenders in the league. He was a buzz kill. He was Buzz Kill. Good riddance.

As for Adam Morrison, my thoughts on him are 1) he gives us a nice expiring contract in 2010 for a possible deal and 2) he is, and will continue to be, a BUST. Shannon Brown has upside as a big guard defender and three point shooter. Think poor man's Raja Bell. He's the little jewel in this clever trade.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 08, 2009 - 10:00 AM.

#64 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 08, 2009 - 02:22 PM

"Vlad Rad" did well for us? You have GOT to be kidding me. I can't even get myself to call him "Vlad Rad." For every 3 he'd hit, he'd give up 6 or kill a run. He's one of the worst rebounders and defenders in the league. He was a buzz kill. He was Buzz Kill. Good riddance.

As for Adam Morrison, my thoughts on him are 1) he gives us a nice expiring contract in 2010 for a possible deal and 2) he is, and will continue to be, a BUST. Shannon Brown has upside as a big guard defender and three point shooter. Think poor man's Raja Bell. He's the little jewel in this clever trade.

wow, ken u are coming negative in this one. I think Vlad rad had moments and spurts like every role player, but i do think he was the last element to get rid of. He was always unhappy in his interviews due to lack of PT, even during his best game of the season. Plus he has low bball IQ, and he makes considerably worst decisions then even Sasha.
Morrison is a kid who hasnt, and may never, reached his potetial, but if he works hard he has a chance to come in the game and do somethings, or at the very least, he can get traded next year. Brown may be useful, or he may not. but i like this deal for the contract implications, it means that even f LO goes, we have enuff to get someone who can help, and that makes me very excited about the dynastic potential of these players
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#65 azk81

azk81

Rookie

• 831 posts

Posted February 08, 2009 - 02:39 PM

i think he will do ok here in LA. like kobe said, the lakers tend to bring out the best in people. heck, hes playing with kobe and being coached under phil. he just need a boost of confidence imo

Edited by azk81, February 08, 2009 - 02:40 PM.

“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

-Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Gone, Never Forgotten.

#66 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,356 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted February 08, 2009 - 02:47 PM

yeah morrison everybody doubts him highly

saying he doesn't play D

he was injured for the past 2 years....guys he had a torn acl

Morrison will be really good

#67 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted February 08, 2009 - 02:56 PM

Comeon man, Vlad wasn't THAT bad. You make it seem like he was a Kwame or something.

I think Morrison will have a great chance to develop here. He didn't average almost 30 points in college for nothing. Injuries really affected his game. Brown might also be a surprise player for us too.

Made By Vaporize

#68 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,749 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 08, 2009 - 04:11 PM

the main upside is that these two are still young and have a lot of time to improve and learn from kobe and phil.

2div

#69 azk81

azk81

Rookie

• 831 posts

Posted February 08, 2009 - 04:24 PM

the main upside is that these two are still young and have a lot of time to improve and learn from kobe and phil.

we got rid of radmanovic anyways. and if they happen to suck, brown is expiring next season, and morrison is expiring the season after that
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

-Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Gone, Never Forgotten.

#70 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,752 posts
  • Name:Andy

Posted February 08, 2009 - 04:26 PM

I heard Morrison is wearing #6? is that true?

#71 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,356 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted February 08, 2009 - 04:27 PM

number 6? from where

#72 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted February 08, 2009 - 04:29 PM

I heard Morrison is wearing #6? is that true?

Yeah, Morrison will be #6 while Shannon Brown will be #12

Its on the Lakers.com roster:

Roster

#73 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted February 08, 2009 - 04:30 PM

Any chance of them playing in our next game?

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#74 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted February 08, 2009 - 04:32 PM

They are going to practice with the team tomorrow. So its a long shot but they may get some minutes if its a blow out.

#75 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted February 08, 2009 - 04:35 PM

Alright cool. Hopefully all Lakers will be able to play. :)

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#76 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted February 08, 2009 - 04:37 PM

Well Morrison might be very well playing against his next team. I'm convinced that the Lakers will acquire Chris Wilcox for Mihm/Morrison. Or at least im hoping lol.

#77 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966

Posted February 08, 2009 - 04:48 PM

Morrison will be fine. Scrubs such as Smush Parker looked decent when playing alongside Kobe and Adam can shoot the ball especially when teams have to defend Pau, Lamar and Drew inside.

#78 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 08, 2009 - 05:27 PM

There's a difference between Morrison and Radmanovic, defensively: Morrison is a pest and will take contact.

I don't think Sasha is that great of a defensive player, but he's annoying as hell.

Offensively, Morrison can (and probably will) be much better than Vlad. I guess you guys didn't watch him at Gonzaga. College ball? Yes...but in the triangle offense, he's going to actually have fun.

#79 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,653 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted February 08, 2009 - 05:36 PM

well, i'm glad we got him just in time for mustache march!

Posted Image

#80 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 08, 2009 - 05:51 PM

In the game of basketball, spacing is quintessential. He did a very good job spacing the floor whenever he was on the floor. I don't care for Luke starting at all. Hopefully Ammo will provide that same spacing.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users