Photo

BREAKING NEWS: Lakers Traded Radman for Adam Morrison and Shannon Brown

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#281 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted February 09, 2009 - 11:38 AM

^ Don't be so quick to be negative. At least let the guy play a bit. Who knows? New change of scenery, new team, new system, new coach, new influences, new life? Life is full of surprises & possibilities.

#282 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,749 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 09, 2009 - 11:55 AM

The reality is that Mitch Kupchak would have taken whatever he could have gotten to get rid of Buzz Kill and alleviate some financial pressure to make it easier to re-sign Trevor Ariza and maybe Lamar this summer. I would have done that, too. In a heartbeat. Mitch probably sees Shannon Brown as a possible jewel in the rough, but Morrison's going to warm Buzzy's old spot at the end of the bench. He's a bust.

Not necessarily.

Kapono and Korver are both good rotation guys. Both add a valuable dimension to their team. He could be good for this team, just not great individually.

Imagine Luke on most teams, asked to create for himself or be a leader...not a pretty thought. But on a team with a offense built around his strengths, he's valuable. Same with Morrison. Doubt he's going to challenge Bynum or Pau for 2nd or 3rd best player but I can see him contributing a valuable role to this team.

Just don't expect him to come in and be this "steal". Give him time to find his way and let his role find him, instead of trying to box him into one.

That's the problem with the perception of Bynum, Luke, Sasha and (previously) Vlad. They contribute(d) at a level equivalent to their talent...not what people expected because of salary or minutes.

Edited by GCMD, February 09, 2009 - 11:55 AM.

#283 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 09, 2009 - 12:02 PM

Not necessarily.

Anything the Lakers get from either one of these guys over and above their expiring contracts will be a bonus. I'm sure Mitch and Philip look at it that way.

#284 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 09, 2009 - 01:04 PM

If Luke had been on Charlotte we would be hearing same thing.....slow, unathletic and not a good shooter. If Walton can start for LA then Morrison will have a role in time. Shannon would have been a big help when Jordan was out.

#285 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 09, 2009 - 09:29 PM

I've seen Morrison play a lot, and he's headed for the D-League or the Inactive List barring some major turnaround. Larry Brown gave him every chance to play in every role possible and the kid just doesn't hit shots. Shannon Brown is a decent pick-up. Cheap, can give a spark off the bench, and an ending contract. I've heard the Lakers are trying to move Morrison in a second deal, but there isn't much interest.

http://www.hoopsworl...T_TOPICS_ID=146

#286 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,195 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted February 09, 2009 - 09:31 PM

i wanna keep him that his opinion

#287 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted February 09, 2009 - 10:37 PM

http://www.hoopsworl...T_TOPICS_ID=146

since when does sitting someone=giving them every chance possible it takes a year to recover from a serious injury like that but if you don't play it takes even longer
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users