• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted February 07, 2009 - 07:40 PM

I know that, but Magloire is still not an All-Star caliber even in his prime... It's still all about the votes, so yeah the coaches voted for him...

Compared to guys like Dwight, Kobe, Lebron, etc. he is a scrub...

Okay. Then why isn't he All-Star caliber.....

Don't spit junk either. Actually go back to that season he made it and give me real reasons why he didn't deserve it.
Basketball Reasons...

#22 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 07, 2009 - 07:51 PM

He was 13/10 during that year (contract season), and a career 8/7... Sorry, but for me an All-Star should be doing better than that...

East
Ron Artest
Vince Carter
Baron Davis
Allen Iverson
Jason Kidd
Jamaal Magloire
Kenyon Martin
Tracy McGrady
Jermaine O'Neal
Paul Pierce
Michael Redd
Ben Wallace

West
Ray Allen
Kobe Bryant
Sam Cassell
Tim Duncan
Steve Francis
Kevin Garnett
Andrei Kirilenko
Brad Miller
Yao Ming
Dirk Nowitzki
Shaquille O'Neal
Peja Stojakovic

Jamaal Magloire looks out of place out there... A lot of those guys are either HOF/franchise or very good players... Again, Agent Zero has 400,000+ votes when he has been missing in action for ages...

Edited by Avtomat Kalashnikov, February 07, 2009 - 08:07 PM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#23 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted February 07, 2009 - 08:15 PM

Comparing how he looks on the roster doesn't prove your point any more. Nor does his career stats because once again: it's not a lifetime achievement award. It's about the way he played THAT season. If he got voted in by the coaches, men who actually know about the struggle of NBA life and know what a team needs to be great.

At least bring up the stats of other players and how their teams performed who you think deserved it over him.
Basketball Reasons...

#24 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 08, 2009 - 01:41 AM

The numbers difference in the stats you posted is minimal. Mo Williams means alot more to his team, give him the spot. Ray Allen has several teammates that help him out, Mo Williams has LeBron and no one else.

You're going to sit here and tell me that you're going to take Mo Williams over Ray Allen? If we ask all GM's in the NBA, they'd take Mo Williams over Allen?

You really have to watch their games. Ray Allen is superior in every aspect.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#25 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 08, 2009 - 05:18 PM

You're going to sit here and tell me that you're going to take Mo Williams over Ray Allen? If we ask all GM's in the NBA, they'd take Mo Williams over Allen?

You really have to watch their games. Ray Allen is superior in every aspect.

allen has a slight edge on shooting and ftpercentage. he isnt better in playmaking or going to the hoop, or in the open court.. defensively yes, due to his sze, but mo williams defends the pg, and does a good job staiscally, so what are u saying?
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#26 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted February 08, 2009 - 05:22 PM

Posted Image

#27 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 08, 2009 - 05:56 PM

allen has a slight edge on shooting and ftpercentage. he isnt better in playmaking or going to the hoop, or in the open court.. defensively yes, due to his sze, but mo williams defends the pg, and does a good job staiscally, so what are u saying?

So essentially you just admitted that Ray Allen is the better player. Thank you for agreeing with me.

Ray Allen is way better than Mo Williams. I am seriously glad you're not an NBA GM.

#28 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 08, 2009 - 06:08 PM

So essentially you just admitted that Ray Allen is the better player. Thank you for agreeing with me.

Ray Allen is way better than Mo Williams. I am seriously glad you're not an NBA GM.

no i didnt, i admitted they have edges indifferent categories and ave about eqaul talent. i would choose m>.allen>pierce.....as far as the allstar game is concerned
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#29 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 08, 2009 - 07:48 PM

no i didnt, i admitted they have edges indifferent categories and ave about eqaul talent. i would choose m>.allen>pierce.....as far as the allstar game is concerned

LMAO! Mo over Allen and Pierce? WOW!

#30 offtheheezy

offtheheezy

Off The Bench

• 2,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fish

Posted February 08, 2009 - 08:02 PM

Newsflash: Allen is a superior player to Mo Williams. Allen is much more consistent, and is shooting a higher FG% and 3pt% than Williams.

Put Ray Allen on his own team as the leader, and they go to the playoffs. Put Mo Williams onto his own team as the leader and they end up like the Bucks. The Bucks actually improved this year since his absence.

And Jameer Nelson, if he were not injured, deserves to be in over him too. Jameer is a superior passer, and defender, equal 3pt shooter, and much better at initiating contact.

There is no logical reason for Mo Williams to be an All-Star this year. Hell, nobody even noticed when he was traded to the Cavs.

allen as leader and even + ridnour and lewis = ......sonics.

Posted Image

When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"

#31 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 08, 2009 - 08:14 PM

He took the Sonics to the playoffs as well as the Bucks. Luck doesn't strike twice. Study the game. Nobody is going to take Mo Williams over Allen unless they have some agenda.

#32 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2009 - 04:24 PM

Update, Mo Williams is replacing Bosh:

Mo Williams is headed to the All-Star game after all.

Twice snubbed, the Cleveland Cavaliers point guard was chosen Tuesday by NBA commissioner David Stern. Williams will replace Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh, who will miss the game because of a sprained right knee.

Williams wasn't chosen by Eastern Conference head coaches as a reserve, then was passed over by Stern in favor of Boston's Ray Allen when Orlando's Jameer Nelson had to be replaced because of injury.

The Cavaliers were upset that they were the only top-five team that didn't get multiple All-Stars. LeBron James called Williams' omission a "total smack in the face."

Williams, who is averaging 17.1 points, will be making his first All-Star game appearance.

#33 offtheheezy

offtheheezy

Off The Bench

• 2,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fish

Posted February 10, 2009 - 04:29 PM

david lee should've gone instead xD just to piss the cavs off

Posted Image

When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"

#34 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,972 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted February 10, 2009 - 07:16 PM

Glad that Mo is in.

Now, no one can use the "Lebron is the only all-star on the Cavs" excuse when comparing his team to the Lakers.

(Note: I don't care if Kobe wins MVP. In fact, I'm happy if he doesn't win, so long as the Lakers win the championship. But, I still don't like nonsense arguments in favor of players. Mo is Mo, whether he's named an all-star or not, just like Lebron's game last Wednesday was phenomenal, whether it went down as a triple-double, or not).

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#35 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.

Posted February 10, 2009 - 07:59 PM

Absolute BS... The East lost a big, then replace a big... WTF are they thinking? Let's see...

KG
Dwight
Rashard

Amare
Duncan
Yao
Dirk
Shaq
Pau

Size problem, anyone?
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#36 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 10, 2009 - 08:41 PM

Glad that Mo is in.

Now, no one can use the "Lebron is the only all-star on the Cavs" excuse when comparing his team to the Lakers.

(Note: I don't care if Kobe wins MVP. In fact, I'm happy if he doesn't win, so long as the Lakers win the championship. But, I still don't like nonsense arguments in favor of players. Mo is Mo, whether he's named an all-star or not, just like Lebron's game last Wednesday was phenomenal, whether it went down as a triple-double, or not).

Too late. He already made it to the Finales without one.

#37 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,972 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981

Posted February 10, 2009 - 10:44 PM

Too late. He already made it to the Finales without one.

Not really the point I am making.

I'm talking about the MVP, in regards to this season, not what LBJ did in 2006.

Besides, the East was terrible that year. Still impressive, but the East sucked.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#38 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 10, 2009 - 10:55 PM

Not really the point I am making.

I'm talking about the MVP, in regards to this season, not what LBJ did in 2006.

Besides, the East was terrible that year. Still impressive, but the East sucked.

Even this year, Mo Williams...really an All Star? I'll take Fish over him anyday.

#39 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted February 10, 2009 - 10:59 PM

since mo cried about it..ild rather see durant or vince

bw1wOGf.png

#40 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 10, 2009 - 11:08 PM

since mo cried about it..ild rather see durant or vince

Wait, you mean to tell me that Mo Williams was chosen over Vince Carter :nervous:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users