#21 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted February 05, 2009 - 11:56 PM

LINK

some "push" that was. You should send that to all the Celtics e-mail to show how stupid they are.

#22 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 06, 2009 - 12:00 AM

“I wish we would have come here last year with this kind of attitude,” said Pau Gasol, who scored 24 points with 14 rebounds Thursday night to lead the Lakers to a 110-109 overtime victory over Boston....

Boston trails the Lakers by percentage points for the best overall record in the NBA, and would lose a tiebreaker for home court advantage in the finals—if they both make it back.

“It would be great,” Pierce said.

Kevin Garnett banged his fist on the table in agreement, and then interjected a reminder that seemed to be intended for the locker room across the hall: “We’re the champs, man.”...

“These games are tough, and they’re emotional games and then you play the next night,” said Celtics coach Doc Rivers, whose team plays the New York Knicks on Friday night. “We’ll try to muster it up and see what we have.”...

“Coming down the streets, staying at the same hotel, I was up last night thinking about the game—wondering how my teammates would respond. It all came back,” Bryant said. “Enough is enough. We were able to match their physical play.”

http://sports.yahoo....?gid=2009020502

“I shot the ball like crap for three-and-a-half quarters,” Bryant said. “It’s funny, but that’s how the game goes. You miss 15-footers all night and suddenly you start knocking down 25-footers. That’s what happened to me. I know when I have games like this from experience, down the stretch those long shots tend to fall and the easy ones don’t.

“It’s just weird, I don’t know why that happens.”...

“I didn’t get to sleep last night until about 6 o’clock this morning because I was up thinking about the game. I remember being in this position and thinking about my teammates. How would they respond and would they be ready?

“I was very pleased to see the effort and how much guys wanted it.”...

“There was a little talking back and forth, a little bumping and hitting, and it was great,” Bryant said. “Bring it on, that’s the statement I wanted to send, and if it was worth me getting a technical foul because of it so be it.”

http://www.bostonher...position=recent

"We all remember what it felt like leaving here (after Game 6) and this win doesn't make up for that, but it's still nice and it feels good to get that win," Luke Walton said. "Every time we came in here in the Finals, we didn't match their intensity.

"Tonight, I think we did." ...

"It's more of a statement game for ourselves, knowing that we didn't necessarily play well for three quarters and we still managed to find a way to win," Bryant said.

http://www.pasadenas...com/ci_11641325

"I was fouled," Allen said after the Celtics' 110-109 overtime loss to the Lakers. "I was pushed. I think I did twist my ankle."...

"They looked like they'd won the Finals the way they were celebrating," Eddie House said. "It's only Game 51."

On this night, Allen hit 9 of 21, including three threes, to lead the Celtics with 22 points. But as he got the ball on the final possession, he tried to curl away from Derek Fisher and shoot over Pau Gasol.

Gasol didn't foul him.

"But Fisher pushed me," Allen said.

And that push will fuel Allen, Pierce and Garnett. They all said the same thing. They want to see the Lakers again. And that can only happen if they make the Finals.

http://www.courant.c...,4618869.column

“There was a lot of thickness in the atmosphere,’’ said Ray Allen after scoring 22 points and being the victim of a last-second no-call. “It was a playoff game."

“They still remember being in this building in June and being sent home with frowns on their faces. That’s what they sat home and thought about all summer (when) we celebrated.

“It’s important that we know and learn in the last two months where teams are really attacking us. We’re the hunted. We have to hunt back.’’...

“It’s nice to be able to have a game like this where they are on a winning streak and they are really playing well,’’ said Lakers coach Phil Jackson. “The match created good PR for the league and we had a great overtime game.’’

They also disputed the no-call on the final play of overtime when Allen said he was pushed by Derek Fisher before putting up a shot just before the buzzer. Referees Monty McCutchen, James Capers and Leon Wood didn’t blow a whistle, and were greeted on the court by angry Celtics, including coach Doc Rivers, after the buzzer.

“I was fouled. I was pushed,’’ said Allen. “I think I did twist my ankle. I thought I was fouled. I got pushed into the shot. But what can you do about it? He rode me into the shot.’’

Said Rivers: “I thought it was a hand check. But the officials say they don’t call the game different from the first quarter to the end of the game. If that’s true, then Ray should be on the free throw line. It was hand check the whole way. Unless the rules have changed, you can’t do that.’’...

“It was a physical game, but you’ve got to expect that,’’ said Paul Pierce, who had 21 points. “It’s two of the top teams battling for the best record in the league. With all the things said about the Lakers not being a physical team, you’ve got to expect they’re going to come and hold their chests high. They beat us once and we had a chance tonight, but we let it go.’’

Both Pierce and Garnett said they’d welcome a chance to face the Lakers again in June, but there’s a long way to go before that dream rematch can become reality.

“The thing we’ve got to realize it’s not the end of the world,’’ said Pierce. “It’s still a long season. Our goals are still the same. Nothing changes. It would have been nice to get this win if it comes down to a tiebreaker, but we’ve still got work to do.’’

http://www.enterpris...ar-s-NBA-Finals

#23 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted February 06, 2009 - 12:03 AM

That GIF is hillarious, look at Glen Davis calling for the ball.

#24 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted February 06, 2009 - 12:07 AM

Wow, that is the most bull[expletive] excuse ever. Just man up and say "They are who we thought they were! They are who we thought they were! And we let them off the hook!"

And at Eddie House, ARE YOU SERIOUS? Every 3 pointer you make, you're acting like you hit the game winner. I'm sick of that.

And I'm sick of all this whining!
Posted Image

#25 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted February 06, 2009 - 12:21 AM

"They are who we thought they were! They are who we thought they were! And we let them off the hook!"

Love that video

#26 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted February 06, 2009 - 12:35 AM

LoL, push my [expletive], he was running to his right, if you wanted a call, do what you usually do, run the opposite way cause contact and scream your [expletive] off. that [expletive] fell by himself, and damn near tore his ankle LMAO

when we sweep dat [expletive] in the finals, they can't come up with excuses for all those.

yes, i said SWEEP

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#27 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,924 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 06, 2009 - 12:40 AM

I watched that last play about 20 times now and Derek is about a foot away from Ray, along with Pau being nowhere near him when he launched the shot.

The thing is that Fisher, Pierce and a couple others were selling fouls all game and it worked with the refs. So Allen thought he'd do the same thing, but it was both at a bad time and with nobody close enough to warrant those kind of histrionics.

Ray Allen is sour about it, Doc will let it eat him up and guaranteed the Celtics lose a couple more games within this next week.

Eat it Boston - you lost. You lost on your home court. You lost to a crippled Laker team. You lost in front of your home "fans" and with motivation and health on your side. You lost the best record in the league (for now). And you lost your intimidation against the Lakers at home.

Accept it and slither back into that seething pit of ignorance you, your "fans" and these tired crybaby tactics call home.

#28 Mr. 24

Mr. 24

Rookie

• 441 posts

Posted February 06, 2009 - 12:45 AM

There's no push on the play. Accept it Ray. :lol:

Edited by Mr. 24, February 06, 2009 - 12:46 AM.

#29 Mega Man

Mega Man

Mega Buster

• 415 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 06, 2009 - 12:57 AM

F * * * YOU HOUSE. what a [expletive]g hypocrite i swear... everytime he hits a SINGLE shot he screams like it was the game winner. HOUSE IS A POS.

Posted Image

#30 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted February 06, 2009 - 01:17 AM

Haha Eddie House. I remember every single game last year and probably this year too, the Celtics celebrated every close game they won like they had just won the championship.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#31 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted February 06, 2009 - 02:03 AM

LoL, push my [expletive], he was running to his right, if you wanted a call, do what you usually do, run the opposite way cause contact and scream your [expletive] off. that [expletive] fell by himself, and damn near tore his ankle LMAO

when we sweep dat [expletive] in the finals, they can't come up with excuses for all those.

yes, i said SWEEP

That will be damn hard to do...but I like your enthusiasm. :D

F * * * YOU HOUSE. what a [expletive]g hypocrite i swear... everytime he hits a SINGLE shot he screams like it was the game winner. HOUSE IS A POS.

No doubt he SEEMS clutch hitting those 3 or 4 shots...but we hit back every time.

Btw, like Fido, I too watched that last play from rev's HD source, there's no push at all!

I STRONGLY believe it was Pau that really altered ray's shot. Pau jumped SO HIGH and reached out with his right hand... Ray must have have to jump more towards the side to avoid Pau's arm.

Good talking between fish and pau to deny ray's shot.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted February 06, 2009 - 02:21 AM

Posted Image

Wow he looks pathetic...

#33 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted February 06, 2009 - 05:23 AM

kobe is a brick wall and rat [expletive] face is a moron....no pun...hes just a [expletive].

and ray"im a [expletive] who likes men" allen....that was no foul....

big [expletive] davis? whats that fatass doing calling for the ball at the 3 point line? think hes going to make it? clutch? hes a just a fat [expletive].

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#34 hype

hype

says hi!

• 3,739 posts

Posted February 06, 2009 - 07:45 AM

God what sore losers.

#35 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted February 06, 2009 - 07:49 AM

Haha wow, these are the defending champs? Bunch of whiners.

Win with honor, lose with dignity.

Keep crying Celtics. Your only making yourself look bad. These so called tough guys on the court, running their mouth to every other team when they play each other..... when they win. When they lose though, they cry about this and that.

#36 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966

Posted February 06, 2009 - 08:16 AM

Those blatant homers at BSPN who apparently hires nothing but Boston fans better realize one thing. LA can win it all without Bynum because Boston simply isn't as good as it was last year. It's bench just isn't as good without Posey and PJ Brown. I don't care what those homers say LA can win it all. As I said yesterday too, who is to say Boston or Cleveland won't get some key player hurt too. For the good Doc whining about KG fouling out, he knows how Phil felt against Bobcats when Kobe got fouled out too.

#37 KaPau

KaPau

Rookie

• 68 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Erving "Magic" Johnson

Posted February 06, 2009 - 08:18 AM

What did we expected from the Craptics?

They always complain you have 3 of the biggest whinners playing for the same team, a head coach that is so freaking overrated.

Pierce always complains and always cries.
Garnett thinks he is so macho man, that he can get away with it and when he can't he cries.
Allen always thinks he is fouled, and yesterday fisher was velcro on him 'til last second. Funny thing is he complains that he got fouled and roll his ankle you look at the replay fisher is in front of him nowhere near his ankle an he rolls his ankle by himself, stupid idiot.

#38 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,653 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted February 06, 2009 - 10:13 AM

Posted Image

hahahaha

and if ray really wanted a whistle a whistle on that play at that point in the game, he's out of his mind

Posted Image

#39 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts

Posted February 06, 2009 - 10:35 AM

I want people to watch this replay closely. Look at Ray Allen's left arm. Is it just me or does he hit Fisher in the chest with his hand?

You're right Allen, there was contact on that last play.....

But by you.

#40 purple_and_gold_fever

purple_and_gold_fever

Sixth Man

• 3,811 posts

Posted February 06, 2009 - 10:50 AM

BOSTON SUCKS! BOSTON SUCKS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users