Boston vs. L.A. 2/5/09 - Best Game of the Year

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,410 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 08:40 PM

We pulled off a win against Boston IN BOSTON without Bynum, with horrible free throws and horrible rebounds. Damn it, I want to blast Odom but he showed some balls tonight.

Edited by leor_77, February 05, 2009 - 08:40 PM.

#2 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted February 05, 2009 - 08:40 PM

gameday thread.

#3 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,410 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 08:47 PM

Oh come on, don't put this in gameday...This was a huge, cathartic game. Let us celebrate.

#4 elpermic

elpermic

Rookie

• 1,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:worthy, kobe, magic

Posted February 05, 2009 - 08:50 PM

Odom made the game winning free throw.

I'd plow Vanessa Bryant.

#5 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,920 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 05, 2009 - 08:50 PM

this game wasn't even good, badly played game overall, but as a laker fan you love watching your team win against your rivals by 1 in OT, so i'll give this to you for now... :D

but i'm glad we got the win!

2div

#6 Guest_Spooky_*

Guest_Spooky_*

Posted February 05, 2009 - 08:52 PM

2nd time we end boston's win streak :rock: :rock:

:dance1:

#7 bumbeagle08

bumbeagle08

Rookie

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Name:Tasha
  • Fan Since:idk
  • Fav. Laker:D-Fish, Kobe, Sasha, Farmar

Posted February 05, 2009 - 08:54 PM

happy the Lakers Got that win on My Sixteenth just wish my boy Ariza couldve done better but he did good enough i love bynum but i guess it shows that we dnt really need him but i still wouldnt trade him for anyone
Signature too large. Regulation size is 468x140. Please re-size. Thanks! ~Magicmoment

#8 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,410 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 08:58 PM

Damn why don't you laugh some more Kevin Garnett...Boston fans already making excuses. Why can't they just shut up and take their loss without complaining like [expletive]es.

#9 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted February 05, 2009 - 09:01 PM

This was a horrible game IMO, even in a win, it felt like a loss.

Kobe played Horrible. Fisher played horrible. Ariza never showed up. Powell, lost his mind in LALA land. Vujacic made it look like the world was fast forwarding. Farmar, alright game. Chris Mihm, he can't defend a fly. Pau :worthy:. Odom deserves the Game ball. Walton did what he needed to do, pass and not take dumb shots.

Don't even make me mention the free throw shooting, or how many offensive rebounds they let the celtics get.

#10 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,120 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 05, 2009 - 09:04 PM

Really exciting game.

A lot of guys stepped up and made huge plays, on both ends of the court.

There was also a lot of bad in this one, and they would be huge talking points on this board if we had lost.

Yes, the Celtics foul a lot, but we've gotta quit letting them push us around underneath.

Also, I thought the Celtics were getting the friendly whistle throughout; however, I think that after Rondo shoved Kobe, and KG went at LO, the refs got tired of their act and the Lakers started catching a friendlier whistle.

Honestly, I think the Celtics punk'd themselves in this one.

Kobe hit two huge three's, but then cooled off. I really would've liked to have seen us run some more offense on some of those plays where he just pulled up an shot. Had we lost, I think a lot of people would be upset with Kobe.

Despite getting pushed around, I think that Pau and some others have definitely decided that they are not going to be the "soft" culprit.

If we meet this team in June, it's gonna be ugly, and we better be ready to fight.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#11 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 05, 2009 - 09:04 PM

This was a horrible game IMO, even in a win, it felt like a loss.

Kobe played Horrible. Fisher played horrible. Ariza never showed up. Powell, lost his mind in LALA land. Vujacic made it look like the world was fast forwarding. Farmar, alright game. Chris Mihm, he can't defend a fly. Pau :worthy:. Odom deserves the Game ball. Walton did what he needed to do, pass and not take dumb shots.

Don't even make me mention the free throw shooting, or how many offensive rebounds they let the celtics get.

Hey look, we didnt play our best. We still shot 47%. Like you said, Ariza was off, as was Fisher, Sasha was idk what the hell he was.

But we pulled out a win against the Celtics on the road. Celtics didnt play well either, but you cannot say this game felt like a loss. Not against the Celtics. If it was the Thunder and we played this way and barely won, then I would say it would feel like a loss.

#12 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,120 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 05, 2009 - 09:08 PM

Even Sasha hit one huge shot.

Everybody contributed to this one in some shape or form.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#13 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 09:09 PM

Hey look, we didnt play our best. We still shot 47%. Like you said, Ariza was off, as was Fisher, Sasha was idk what the hell he was.

But we pulled out a win against the Celtics on the road. Celtics didnt play well either, but you cannot say this game felt like a loss. Not against the Celtics. If it was the Thunder and we played this way and barely won, then I would say it would feel like a loss.

The topic starter called it the best game ever....I was saying why it wasn't. Even the christmas game was better, not because of the margin of victory, but because both teams were playing more crisp on both sides of the ball.

#14 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted February 05, 2009 - 09:11 PM

The year is 2 mths into, and we talking about best game already??? Come on, I mean, not to pour cold water, but no use savouring in this.

We have to move on. Another more impressive streak down at Quicken Loans Arena.

Trust me, Boston wun even give a [expletive] about this game, they will just move on and built on another streak again. What we need to do is maintain our own composure and play on.

We played great, managed to hold on, play tough to tough, it's over. 2-0, sweep, whatever...doesn't matter. That only matters come April.

Let's get into Cleveland now! Come on! *Claps*

#15 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,410 posts

Yes but despite all we did wrong, we pulled off a win. If we just did slightly better on free throws and rebounding, we probably would have won the game handily.

#16 Helljumper

Helljumper

76ers GM

• 2,461 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

It may have been a "bad game" in some aspects but it's a highly hyped up game of the biggest rivalry in the league, a rematch of the Finals, the winner of the game would take over as first place in the league, and the game ends up going down to the wire in OT. This was the Game of the Year in the entire NBA season, and it will probably stay that way.

For us, it was also one of the best. We're on the road, in the middle of a grueling road trip, on the second of a back to back, playing in an arena where we didn't win in all of last year (including the Finals), without Andrew Bynum, we beat our rivals by grinding it out in overtime despite a poor shooting game from our MVP and the free throw line as a team.
Posted Image

#17 lili

lili

Off The Bench

• 1,597 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 09:14 PM

it wasn't the best game of the year, kobe even said it, they played awful not even close to average. but they won, i think the win is good, the most significant win, just because they played awful and still won.

Question, did you guys noticed when rondo pushed kobe, ray allen and KG made sure to tell rondo to stop it? like they are afraid of kobe, pierce talked, but that's him.

i found it strange the respect KG and ray allen showed kobe, by getting into rondo's face, not the other way around. another player and it would've been different.

#18 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted February 05, 2009 - 09:15 PM

Yes but despite all we did wrong, we pulled off a win. If we just did slightly better on free throws and rebounding, we probably would have won the game handily.

You can make those reasons either way. If they made some of their free throws and did some things better, they would have won.

#19 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 09:17 PM

When Kobe is forcing up shots with a hand in his face, just barely hitting the rim, it kills me inside. How many times did he do that? about 5-10 times. This is why people still call him a "ball hog". He tries to save the game for the team when he knows he is in ice water, or when he is locked down.

Fisher, he got blocked twice on a fastbreak...nuff said.

Sasha Vujacic couldn't do anything except stand around.

Also, 17-29 Free throws? If they made 85% (percent C's shot) of the free throws, they would have made 25 free throws, 8 extra points. It shouldn't have been this close.

#20 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted February 05, 2009 - 09:18 PM

Yeah the FTs are a concern, if we just make it to the same % as boston, the game will be further ahead. BUt this is something that they did to themselves and ultimately dug it out. Props to the team. Now for some well-deserved rest and move on. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users