Is Lebron subtley selfish?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,445 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 09:54 PM

Na I don't think Lebron is selfish. Mike Breen made the point that he held the ball a little in the first half but that's all I heard. I didn't see selfish. Natural for him to be amped up after what Kobe did. Yea, he has to be politically correct and tell the media the answers they want to hear.

#22 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted February 05, 2009 - 09:56 PM

You guys DON'T GET IT!

When you get 10 assists, it is selfishness. Being unselfish is giving your teammates the ball in a position where they have to find a way to score. Setting up your teammates for easy buckets? Selfish.

Also, LeBron SuCkZ d00d. he's a BALLHOG! Kobe did not take 30+ shots while LeBron did!

A triple double where you score 52 points is COMMON!!!! ONLY POINTS MATTER!!!!!

When have Assists ever mattered? Look at John Stockton. He had all the assists in the world, BUT HE DIDN'T SCORE ENOUGH POINTS!!!!

And Rebounding? There's nothing less important than securing more posessions for your team. THAT'S WHY BIG MEN ARE NOT VALUABLE AND GET CRAPPY CONTRACTS! We NEVER see mediocre big man get huge contracts. LOOK at Dampier's SMALL contract!

LoL, u Guyz JeSt DoNt GeT it!!!!!!!! tRiPlE dUBBLeZ MEAN NOTHING!!!!!!!! LeBrOn IS A ballHOGG!!!! He HaS a BeTttEr tEeM dan Kobe,. ZyDruNaS is a HoFeR, and Mo WilIam Is the nExT PeNnY HArDway!!!! LEBRoN SuXXXXX!!!!!

:thumbsdown:
Basketball Reasons...

#23 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 11:42 PM

You guys DON'T GET IT!

When you get 10 assists, it is selfishness. Being unselfish is giving your teammates the ball in a position where they have to find a way to score. Setting up your teammates for easy buckets? Selfish.

Also, LeBron SuCkZ d00d. he's a BALLHOG! Kobe did not take 30+ shots while LeBron did!

A triple double where you score 52 points is COMMON!!!! ONLY POINTS MATTER!!!!!

When have Assists ever mattered? Look at John Stockton. He had all the assists in the world, BUT HE DIDN'T SCORE ENOUGH POINTS!!!!

And Rebounding? There's nothing less important than securing more posessions for your team. THAT'S WHY BIG MEN ARE NOT VALUABLE AND GET CRAPPY CONTRACTS! We NEVER see mediocre big man get huge contracts. LOOK at Dampier's SMALL contract!

LoL, u Guyz JeSt DoNt GeT it!!!!!!!! tRiPlE dUBBLeZ MEAN NOTHING!!!!!!!! LeBrOn IS A ballHOGG!!!! He HaS a BeTttEr tEeM dan Kobe,. ZyDruNaS is a HoFeR, and Mo WilIam Is the nExT PeNnY HArDway!!!! LEBRoN SuXXXXX!!!!!

I get it. LeBron is the worst player in the world. Why do you think he receives so much hate? :eh:

Edited by ab4sure, February 05, 2009 - 11:43 PM.

[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#24 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,130 posts

Posted February 06, 2009 - 01:52 PM

lebron is not a selfish basketball player.

he might have been a bit selfish last night in some occasions, but usually he is NOT.

exactly what i said i love lebron and against new york that was not him flying for rebounds that weren't even his but his own teammates ripping them out of their hands

ONLY passing when it lead to a score otherwise keeping it for himself

thats not LBJ basketball thats stephon marbury or stevie franchise basketball
Posted Image

#25 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 06, 2009 - 06:35 PM

this is why this is a question, b/c us Lakers fans are sick of the double standard between Kobe and Lebron. Lebron does want to pad his stats, and believe me, every time you pass the ball it should not be about getting an assist. Mo williams can go out and get his own shot, so can boobie, so can Wally, and so can Big Z. I wont lie and say Kobe doesnt TRY to get assists, b/c he does. But Lebron always tries, and so do a lot of pgs, b/c of the pressure to deliver numbers, in this stat-driven league. The bottom line is lebron isnt perfect and some of US fans want to expose that. The bottom line is Kobe could most likely do what Lebron does if he TRIED to, and imagine if Kobe tried to one-up Lebron, Phil wouldnt like it, and lakerfool definetely ould HATE. Either way , hose are the two best players in the game, and they had wonderful games. I will say this, Kobe letting Pau and others to get themselves off(or others) gives the team confidence in the long haul. Kobe is basically turning into everything Phil wants, Mike Brown just wants not to get fired from pissing off Lebron
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#26 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 07, 2009 - 02:35 AM

Oh and would Kobe ever make excuses?

Bron making excuses last game:

#27 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted February 07, 2009 - 09:48 AM

^LD2K, are you serious with that one?
Basketball Reasons...

#28 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 07, 2009 - 10:23 AM

Oh and would Kobe ever make excuses?

Bron making excuses last game:

You mean like the time he wanted out of LA when bynum wouldn't be shipped out?
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#29 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 07, 2009 - 11:37 AM

Right cause everytime he goes into an opponent's arena he is putting on their color shoes.

I'm just saying - would you ever hear Kobe say something like this? (bleep) no.

#30 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,130 posts

Posted February 07, 2009 - 12:26 PM

that wasn't an excuse it was whining

two different things

whining is bad but it is not an excuse

and lebron needs to watch more sportscenter so he knows Big Z couldn't hold drews jock strap
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users