29 replies to this topic

#1 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 580 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 05, 2009 - 01:02 PM

Ok Kobe goes out and gets an easy 61 pts. I have seen kobe work harder for points but this performance was a smooth 61.

Lebron says he isnt going to try to one up Kobe but gets 52 and a triple double and frantically ran to get a last rebound at the end

wait a sec he said he doesnt care about numbers

LEBRON JAMES: I don't go out there for the numbers" "I play my game. You saw every phase of my game tonight; the scoring, the rebounds, the assists and the defense. If a [triple-double] happens, then great, but I never look at it that way."

Isnt this a complete contridiction

LEBRON JAMES "Hey, man. I just go out and play my game."I'm not a video game where you can just expect me to go out there and score 60 or 70. I play the game to win the game. I'm not into individual accolades. Kobe Bryant's performance was unbelievable. I watched every second of it. It's not about individuals in this league.

"I'm not trying to outdo Kobe or anybody on their team."

In closing Lebron doesnt care about numbers? well in a commercial a while back he said he wants to average a triple double.

Its funny when the media says kobe has better teammate and the lakers are more talented. You want to know why? because the lakers unlike the cavs run a system which makes more than one person accountable. LBJ great player but a one man show. Kobe great player can get the same numbers as lebron but lets other control the game at times. Because Kobe today isnt about numbers completely compared to years past

So people what do you think the quotes and contridictions are there ? Is lebron just being Politicaly correct when he says he doesnt care about numbers?

Kobes 61 was better because kobe turned MSG Into a home Staples center game
Lebron just had a great game where as kobe had a great game and won the crowd as well

#2 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted February 05, 2009 - 01:10 PM

Everyone needs to stop hating LeBron here.

If Kobe does this, you go nuts. If LeBron does this, the hate comes out.

Just respect the guy. What a hell of a game. He also had 11 ASSISTS to go along with his 52, what if he didn't dish those out and tried to score?

I know LeBron gets way too much media attention. But that's not his fault and shouldn't be a reason to hate him.

Btw Kobe turned MSG into a home game because WHEREVER KOBE GOES his fans come with him. There's ALWAYS Kobe fans in the other arenas, haven't you noticed that by now? And you complain about LeBron's attention?

I wish to God there was a player on the Clippers that was loved by every arena in the US. You guys are spoiled.

I guess our closest thing is Eric Gordon. He turned Indiana's arena into a home game for the Clips, maybe more fans cheering for them there than in LA. Bunch of people with Eric Gordon jerseys from high school, college, and yes even Clippers.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#3 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

LBJ is amazing and probably the MVP, just let it go lol.

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#4 jackmode211

jackmode211

Rookie

• 439 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

look at it this way....kobe got an easy 61....without TOO much effort.....

lebron REACTED to try to proove a point....

kobes just being kobe.....lebron is trying to one up kobe....

that being said competitivness is what this games all about...

thats why as talented as he is, no one compares carmello anthoney to kobe OR lebron....he has the talent..he just dosent have the drive....

and people just forget D wade because hes been injured, and his team aint that great...but i think Dwade has more actual basketball TALENT than lebron....

watch kobe, because ANY given day could be a record breaking day....ANY DAY....lebron may get to that point someday....but not now...

#5 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 580 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 05, 2009 - 01:24 PM

I am not hating on lebron i am just stating the obvious you read the quotes. There is no denying whenever kobe has a legendary game the media always tries to downplay it or say the he took too many shots or he took too many freethrows or he didnt have any assist or he's a ballhog come on now. when lbj does something its like he the g.o.a.t or something. Kobe's greatness is under appreciated thats what i am saying. People hate the best thats why kobe is still number one just look at the haters kobe has the most haters in nba history

#6 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 01:26 PM

look at it this way....kobe got an easy 61....without TOO much effort.....

lebron REACTED to try to proove a point....

kobes just being kobe.....lebron is trying to one up kobe....

I know you didn't mean that to diss LeBron, but until you prove what you just said with an article or with him saying it himself, it's just pointless observation.

It's also hope, as in you hoping that he was really trying to one up Kobe, because if in fact he was, it would be embarassing toward him.

It's not fair to assume that though.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#7 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 01:27 PM

Everyone needs to stop hating LeBron here.

That will never happen... unless LeBron becomes a Laker. In other words Highly Unlikely.

Good Post.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#8 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted February 05, 2009 - 01:28 PM

Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#9 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted February 05, 2009 - 01:42 PM

Kobe got a standing ovation from Knicks fans. He was focused all game... he made his mark for history.

LeBron, laughing, playing around with everyone courtside, got a 52 pt. trip double... no standing O... and may I add, doesn't really care for the game as much as he does his own image.

That's the difference of Mamba.

Posted Image

#10 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 05, 2009 - 01:53 PM

You guys DON'T GET IT!

When you get 10 assists, it is selfishness. Being unselfish is giving your teammates the ball in a position where they have to find a way to score. Setting up your teammates for easy buckets? Selfish.

Also, LeBron SuCkZ d00d. he's a BALLHOG! Kobe did not take 30+ shots while LeBron did!

A triple double where you score 52 points is COMMON!!!! ONLY POINTS MATTER!!!!!

When have Assists ever mattered? Look at John Stockton. He had all the assists in the world, BUT HE DIDN'T SCORE ENOUGH POINTS!!!!

And Rebounding? There's nothing less important than securing more posessions for your team. THAT'S WHY BIG MEN ARE NOT VALUABLE AND GET CRAPPY CONTRACTS! We NEVER see mediocre big man get huge contracts. LOOK at Dampier's SMALL contract!

LoL, u Guyz JeSt DoNt GeT it!!!!!!!! tRiPlE dUBBLeZ MEAN NOTHING!!!!!!!! LeBrOn IS A ballHOGG!!!! He HaS a BeTttEr tEeM dan Kobe,. ZyDruNaS is a HoFeR, and Mo WilIam Is the nExT PeNnY HArDway!!!! LEBRoN SuXXXXX!!!!!
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#11 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 01:55 PM

Kobe got a standing ovation from Knicks fans. He was focused all game... he made his mark for history.

LeBron, laughing, playing around with everyone courtside, got a 52 pt. trip double... no standing O... and may I add, doesn't really care for the game as much as he does his own image.

That's the difference of Mamba.

Posted Image

I agree with many of your takes but this one... Lebron doesn't really care for the game as much as he does his own image??? idk about that one. You may be right but when I see Lebron play he gives 100% out there and he does work on his game.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#12 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,690 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 05, 2009 - 02:19 PM

serio, some people have to stop hating that kobe isn't the only player in the NBA who's the sh_t.

kudos to lebron, great game.

but kobe is still better :)

2div

#13 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 02:27 PM

I agree. Lebron's statline was sick, and it's because he really does care about numbers. He still gets those numbers and wins, so it's not the worst thing in the world.

#14 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 02:27 PM

Kobe isn't recognized about the best marketable player in the game; LeBron is.

LeBron isn't recognized about the best player in the game; Kobe is.

Jordan had both - it's what keeps his mystique always there in the eyes of following generations.

#15 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,071 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 02:45 PM

You guys DON'T GET IT!

When you get 10 assists, it is selfishness. Being unselfish is giving your teammates the ball in a position where they have to find a way to score. Setting up your teammates for easy buckets? Selfish.

Also, LeBron SuCkZ d00d. he's a BALLHOG! Kobe did not take 30+ shots while LeBron did!

When have Assists ever mattered? Look at John Stockton. He had all the assists in the world, BUT HE DIDN'T SCORE ENOUGH POINTS!!!!

And Rebounding? There's nothing less important than securing more posessions for your team. THAT'S WHY BIG MEN ARE NOT VALUABLE AND GET CRAPPY CONTRACTS! We NEVER see mediocre big man get huge contracts. LOOK at Dampier's SMALL contract!

LoL, u Guyz JeSt DoNt GeT it!!!!!!!! tRiPlE dUBBLeZ MEAN NOTHING!!!!!!!! LeBrOn IS A ballHOGG!!!! He HaS a BeTttEr tEeM dan Kobe,. ZyDruNaS is a HoFeR, and Mo WilIam Is the nExT PeNnY HArDway!!!! LEBRoN SuXXXXX!!!!!

i used to respect your posts but your beginning to sound trollish

i never said passing to set up teammates is ball hogging i said ONLY passing when teammates will score is ball hogging

you make the right play that is what you are supposed to do if you cannot understand simple english than there is no helping you

Edited by last stand 2.0, February 05, 2009 - 02:48 PM.

Posted Image

#16 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 03:01 PM

i used to respect your posts but your beginning to sound trollish

i never said passing to set up teammates is ball hogging i said ONLY passing when teammates will score is ball hogging

you make the right play that is what you are supposed to do if you cannot understand simple english than there is no helping you

There's nothing wrong with passing when teammates will score dude...

I'm a pass first point guard. Ask LD2k, the ABSOLUTE FIRST THING I will do when I drive in is try to get YOUR defender to double team me, so I can find you for the open shot/layup. That's called playmaking.. That's why the term is play MAKER. Meaning THEY make the plays, I read what you were saying in the other post and I agree with Lakerfool on this one.

You're not supposed to pass it to someone who can create for themselves. That's not playmaking.. That's feeding. When you feed the ball to David West, you didn't make a play. When you drive in and throw an alley oop to Tyson Chandler, THAT'S making a play. LeBron actually has unbelievable court vision.

Trust me I know this because in his rookie year I hated LeBron. I thought he got too much hype and believed with all my heart that he was a Grade A ballhog.

When did I notice his unbelievable court vision? In the playoffs. LeBron sets up his teammates like no other, finding them with passes that even point guards in this league aren't capable of throwing.

11 assists is 11 assists. I don't care if they were lucky shots from his teammates or if he set them up perfectly, he still distributed the ball. Smart players score when they're given the opportunity, and when they get the attention of 2 defenders, they distribute. Simple- it makes the opponent pick their poison.

Kobe's 61 was unbelievable in other ways. He showed an unbelievable talent to score the ball- even made shots outside of LeBron's skill level, with all the twisty fadeaways and all. But the better all around game, IN MY OPINION, was LeBron's because he played a complete basketball game, while Kobe pretty much manipulated the game of basketball with his awesome skill level, managing to score numbers that are unheard of in the little minutes he played.

In the end though, ya sure Kobe played 7 minutes less. But LeBron, with 7 more minutes, only sacrificed 9 points to Kobe's line, and also added 10 MORE REBOUNDS and 11 assists (I'm not sure how many Kobe had, but LBJ's was significantly more).

Edited by TheCalmInsanity, February 05, 2009 - 03:02 PM.

#17 offtheheezy

offtheheezy

Off The Bench

• 2,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fish

Posted February 05, 2009 - 03:25 PM

lebron is not a selfish basketball player.

he might have been a bit selfish last night in some occasions, but usually he is NOT.

Posted Image

When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"

#18 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 09:32 PM

I'm a pass first point guard. Ask LD2k, the ABSOLUTE FIRST THING I will do when I drive in is try to get YOUR defender to double team me, so I can find you for the open shot/layup. That's called playmaking.. That's why the term is play MAKER. Meaning THEY make the plays, I read what you were saying in the other post and I agree with Lakerfool on this one.

It's true. I'm a shoot first player, like Kobe. :lol:

#19 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted February 05, 2009 - 09:36 PM

Wow.....
Basketball Reasons...

#20 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,430 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 09:51 PM

You guys DON'T GET IT!

Tried too hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users