Photo

Powell - the starting C for the Boston game?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 PurpNGold

PurpNGold

Rookie

• 400 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted February 04, 2009 - 11:47 PM

to muscle out perkin? and have gasol's length go against KG??

#2 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,628 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted February 04, 2009 - 11:51 PM

I'd give it a shot. He was the Clips starting Center last year.

#3 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted February 04, 2009 - 11:56 PM

Mbenga is gonna get mad PT

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#4 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,713 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 05, 2009 - 12:02 AM

should be an interesting game...boston needs this more than we need it technically

Posted Image

#5 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted February 05, 2009 - 12:05 AM

Powell's not starting.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#6 PurpNGold

PurpNGold

Rookie

• 400 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted February 05, 2009 - 12:06 AM

i want this game more than the cavs.. but the cavs worry more than the Cs...

boston minus PJ brown/posey

lakers plus TA ...

PJ and posey definitely had instramental moments in the C's success in the finals.. im talking about fourth quarter heroics...

#7 LAKERS_14th

LAKERS_14th

Rookie

• 96 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Black Mamba & BYNUM

Posted February 05, 2009 - 01:07 AM

Powell will get some great minutes against that S**tbag perkins but probably wont start. I wouldnt be surprised to see mbenga stealing time from mihm (he should steal all of it).
BOSTON SUCKS!!!

#8 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,800 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 05, 2009 - 02:07 AM

Seriously doubt it.

I shudder to think that LO is going up against KG tomorrow/today. That's a nightmare...for us.

Key for us is getting Perkins in early foul trouble. Take it to him early and often.

KG is going to get his. Just make it hard for him and try to keep him off the boards.

Put Kobe on Rondo again.

I'd start Ariza before I'd start LO or Powell.

#9 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted February 05, 2009 - 02:19 AM

I'd like to see Powell start. He's done nothing but play efficient ball when he does play.
Posted Image

#10 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,800 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 02:27 AM

Imagine Powell against Perkins... :(

#11 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted February 05, 2009 - 02:51 AM

LOL at Powell muscling out Perk.

And Mbenga getting playing time? Does he even suit up with Bynum out? Mbenga is our 5th string center. Mbenga is only useful for playing garbage minutes when the other team has already emptied their bench so that we can give our REAL players some rest.

#12 LAKERS_14th

LAKERS_14th

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 12:19 PM

LOL at Powell muscling out Perk.

And Mbenga getting playing time? Does he even suit up with Bynum out? Mbenga is our 5th string center. Mbenga is only useful for playing garbage minutes when the other team has already emptied their bench so that we can give our REAL players some rest.

you obviously dont remember last season when he got semi-consistent playing time and played in the finals. He is not skilled but he is big enough to guard perkins while mihm cant jump and will be pushed out of the way and dunked on relentlessly.and yes he did suit up yesterday...phil should have played him over mihm to warm him up for tonight
BOSTON SUCKS!!!

#13 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted February 05, 2009 - 01:16 PM

you obviously dont remember last season when he got semi-consistent playing time and played in the finals. He is not skilled but he is big enough to guard perkins while mihm cant jump and will be pushed out of the way and dunked on relentlessly.and yes he did suit up yesterday...phil should have played him over mihm to warm him up for tonight

Yes I completely missed last year and him playing in the finals. He had ZERO minutes in the finals. He was only there for the first 2 games and he got DNPs, and then deactivated for the rest of the series so that they could bring in Newble. His "semi-consistent" playing time was mostly GARBAGE minutes. He played decent in those garbage minutes, and because of that, fans SEVERELY overrate him. Thinking Mbenga would be useful on this team is overrating him. There's a reason why the best he could get were ten day contracts throughout more than half the season last year. The only reason we kept him last year was because we were absolutely desperate in the period between Andrew's injury and trading for Pau. The only reason we signed him again this year was in case we were plagued by injuries. Even with Drew out, there are still 3 centers ahead of Mbenga, so him getting any meaningful minutes is completely out of the question.

#14 jackmode211

jackmode211

Rookie

• 439 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 05, 2009 - 01:27 PM

Mbenga is gonna get mad Fouls

fixed...

Edited by jackmode211, February 05, 2009 - 01:27 PM.

#15 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,281 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted February 05, 2009 - 03:27 PM

I'd use every big man on the roster.

Depth of size in the middle will wear the Celtics down.

If its up to me, I go with the normal starters, but Odom plays more SF, giving Powell and Mbenga some run in the front court.

#16 LAKERS_14th

LAKERS_14th

Rookie

• 96 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 03:33 PM

Yes I completely missed last year and him playing in the finals. He had ZERO minutes in the finals. He was only there for the first 2 games and he got DNPs, and then deactivated for the rest of the series so that they could bring in Newble. His "semi-consistent" playing time was mostly GARBAGE minutes. He played decent in those garbage minutes, and because of that, fans SEVERELY overrate him. Thinking Mbenga would be useful on this team is overrating him. There's a reason why the best he could get were ten day contracts throughout more than half the season last year. The only reason we kept him last year was because we were absolutely desperate in the period between Andrew's injury and trading for Pau. The only reason we signed him again this year was in case we were plagued by injuries. Even with Drew out, there are still 3 centers ahead of Mbenga, so him getting any meaningful minutes is completely out of the question.

youre right, my mistake...i forgot about useless newble. but do you really think mihm will do better than mbenga? mihm cannot jump and he is not about to pose any physical threat to perkins. im not even scared of perkins doing much but he will have more opportunities against a skinny center who cant jump and is never in the right place
BOSTON SUCKS!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users