the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2009 - 08:47 PM

Both players are special.

Don't hate on LeBron's 50 trip-doub.

But at the same time, Kobe's will be more special to me. LeBron smiling, talking to everyone the whole time... whatever. Kobe had the look of focus. LeBron, was trying to match it.

Kobe did more damage in 7 less minutes too.

#142 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted February 04, 2009 - 10:29 PM

I got much love for Lebronski!!! No Ho MO.

In fact my Son and I are about to see Bron Bron tear the Clippers up in Staples Center March 10!!!

Section 107 row 4!!!!!!!!
Posted Image

The Nike Lebron 6's are starting to grow on me too
Posted Image

Lebron's Spokesman for his kicks
Posted Image
Posted Image

#143 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 11:23 PM

and was scrambling for his life to get that last rebound to get that triple double that you know, as a team player, he cared nothing about. ;)

So you saying Lebron was getting that last rebound just for his triple double?
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#144 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,407 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 06:15 AM

He did. Read this piece from an SI article:

"I don't go out there for the numbers," James said after the game. "I play my game. You saw every phase of my game tonight; the scoring, the rebounds, the assists and the defense. If a [triple-double] happens, then great, but I never look at it that way."

James' dive for a final, and triple-double-clinching rebound (before which James admitted a teammate had told him would secure the feat), would seem to speak otherwise, especially to a rival he is scheduled to meet Sunday as the Cavs put their perfect home record on the line against the Lakers.

Edited by Westcoast21, February 05, 2009 - 06:16 AM.

#145 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 582 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 05, 2009 - 07:12 AM

LOl at at the effort in the end to get the last rebound...doesn't care about individual stats right?

WOW lebron I just saw him trying to get that rebound at the end. " I dont care about individual stat" whatever lebron a couple of years ago lebron said in a commercial " MY goal is to average a triple double" ohhh the irony and contradiction lebron KOBE ALL DAY

#146 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 05, 2009 - 08:08 AM

This is the second highest point total ever for a triple only behind Wilt Chamberlain. Not impressive my butt.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#147 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 08:38 AM

He did. Read this piece from an SI article:

I see. Does it detract from his performance? Maybe. But when I judge LeBron I look on his whole game. He has consistently shown he wants to win and does what it take to win. He has been very unselfish in his game much like Magic was. He is always willing to pass to his teammates even when he doesn't have much support behind him. He understands the game very well and how it is to be played.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#148 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,939 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 05, 2009 - 10:54 AM

I've got nothing against Lebron's performance last night, it was historic; however, I thought it was funny to see him chase down that loose ball, because it reveals that he pays as much or more attention to his stats as the next guy.

I brought it up, because there is a contingency of "Kobe haters" out there, that are using these two performances as evidence that Lebron is a "team guy" while Kobe is "selfish".

I don't want to get into the tit-for-tat of that, because it's simply not true. I just think it's neat that both guys went out and had phenomenal games this week, and there is no reason to try and tear down what either of them did.

Nonetheless, if someone does want to try and criticize Kobe's effort, then I can't help but point out that Lebron was very aware of his stats and his extra effort there at the end pretty much proved it. When a guy is that aware of his stats, it somewhat reveals that his focus is not entirely on the team.

Edited by UKUGA, February 05, 2009 - 10:55 AM.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#149 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 11:50 AM

Lebron's questionable rebound

http://sports.yahoo....;cp=35#comments

Look at what Mike Brown is doing when the shooter pulls up for 3 :lol:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#150 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted February 05, 2009 - 12:19 PM

SILO dropped a sick 61 video:

#151 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted February 05, 2009 - 12:32 PM

SILO dropped a sick 61 video:

Nice one :)

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#152 81kb24

81kb24

Rookie

• 31 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 05, 2009 - 12:34 PM

I've got nothing against Lebron's performance last night, it was historic; however, I thought it was funny to see him chase down that loose ball, because it reveals that he pays as much or more attention to his stats as the next guy.

I brought it up, because there is a contingency of "Kobe haters" out there, that are using these two performances as evidence that Lebron is a "team guy" while Kobe is "selfish".

I don't want to get into the tit-for-tat of that, because it's simply not true. I just think it's neat that both guys went out and had phenomenal games this week, and there is no reason to try and tear down what either of them did.

Nonetheless, if someone does want to try and criticize Kobe's effort, then I can't help but point out that Lebron was very aware of his stats and his extra effort there at the end pretty much proved it. When a guy is that aware of his stats, it somewhat reveals that his focus is not entirely on the team.

+1...watching him getting that rebound, i picture him thinking its kobe's head he's trying to tear it away from his teammate..LOL

i was watching the game and it wasnt as exciting as it was with kobe scoring 61...bron did it will brute force, but kobe did it with mesmorizing shots and sick foot work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users