• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#101 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,126 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:35 PM

Both players hogged the hell out of the ball to get their statistics

I love 'Kobe got it in the flow of the game'...uh, Kobe attempted like 27 FG's, just 6 shy of LeBron, rofl

And the fact that people were saying his assists came from 'hogging', rofl.

This thread is hilarious.

kobe was 19/31 and 20/20 on free throws and mostly on jumpers

kobe did it in the flow of the game gasol had 34 points who was the next highest scorer on the cavs

15 points

heres what bron was doing

either scoring or passing if it led to an assist if you know basketball like i think you do you know that he was ball hogging tonight
Posted Image

#102 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:36 PM

I didn't know you can pass the ball to somebody to set them up with an easy position to score and be labeled selfish.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#103 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,126 posts

Oh jeez...Give me a break. :rolleyes:

well you showed your extent of basketball knowledge
Posted Image

#104 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Both players hogged the hell out of the ball to get their statistics

I love 'Kobe got it in the flow of the game'...uh, Kobe attempted like 27 FG's, just 6 shy of LeBron, rofl

And the fact that people were saying his assists came from 'hogging', rofl.

This thread is hilarious.

a lebron and shaq slurper, i wouldnt mind his comments. i would say Kobe was pressing, but I didnt feel as though he did. He hit 20 of 20 and he was 19 of 31, and KObe shot only 6 less, but he scored 11 more, and nobody else shined, while Gasol shined in our game, he hooged the ball, Nash sometimes hogs the ball, MOST STARS (especially guards), have games where they ball hog, period point blank
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#105 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,126 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:38 PM

I didn't know you can pass the ball to somebody to set them up with an easy position to score and be labeled selfish.

there is a difference

there is making the smart play which lebron does a lot of but then there is only passing to make an assist and never putting his teammates in positions to make plays

kobe did that last year and the celtics used that to shut down the lakers by making the other guys make plays and they couldn't

lebron did that tonight when historically he has rarely ball hogged like this
Posted Image

#106 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:38 PM

kobe was 19/31 and 20/20 on free throws and mostly on jumpers

kobe did it in the flow of the game gasol had 34 points who was the next highest scorer on the cavs

15 points

heres what bron was doing

either scoring or passing if it led to an assist if you know basketball like i think you do you know that he was ball hogging tonight

When you chuck up 30+ shots, you're not doing it 'in the flow of the game'. You're chucking.

When you pass 11 assists, you're not hogging, you're setting others up.

When you grab 10 rebounds, you're not hogging the ball, you're ensuring your team another posession

When you block 2 shots, you're not stat padding, you're trying to stop the other guy from scoring

When you let the Knicks score 100+ points on you and you're considered an elite team, you better worry

#107 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:40 PM

My Son and I think Lebron is Great and are fans of him also.

but in all seriousness his triple double with 50 points is Tremendously great but Kobe's 61 still tops it.

I mean 61 points by one single player has never been scored

in NEW YORK PERIOD

Posted Image

#108 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,126 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:40 PM

a lebron and shaq slurper, i wouldnt mind his comments. i would say Kobe was pressing, but I didnt feel as though he did. He hit 20 of 20 and he was 19 of 31, and KObe shot only 6 less, but he scored 11 more, and nobody else shined, while Gasol shined in our game, he hooged the ball, Nash sometimes hogs the ball, MOST STARS (especially guards), have games where they ball hog, period point blank

exactly the issue with me is while lebron ball hogs for stretches he always played in the flow of the game

but tonight he pressed so hard and i was wondering to myself i thought you didn't care about individual accolades

lebron is my 2nd favorite player but like 2 years ago when kobe was chucking to get that 4th straight game with 50 points i am disappointed in him
Posted Image

#109 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:41 PM

there is a difference

there is making the smart play which lebron does a lot of but then there is only passing to make an assist and never putting his teammates in positions to make plays

kobe did that last year and the celtics used that to shut down the lakers by making the other guys make plays and they couldn't

lebron did that tonight when historically he has rarely ball hogged like this

I guess John Stockton was a ballhog because he set up guys with easy plays and didn't just 'let them do their thing'.

I guess Fisher is the best PG in the league because all he does is pass the ball and let players do their thing.

You're really grasping at straws at this point.

#110 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:41 PM

Real Laker fans are ashamed of us allowing more points to the Knicks than the Cavs, and giving up 107 pts to the Raptors.

I don't find a night glorious when you barely win. These nights for Lebron and Kobe are cute, but in the end, you barely edged the Knicks of all people.

no, those are idiots. people who dont play the game and dont realize that those two teams are better than the records indicate. They also know that TEAMS wanna beat LA, and also the CAVS, the Cavs are one of the best defenses in the league, so bottom line, when other teams play well, its little we can do, but win, which we did. LOOK AT OUR RECORDS, both teams are winners and we arent close to te SUNS of a couple of years ago, so dont gimme that. Face it, you want Shaq back and you never liked Kobe
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#111 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,384 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:42 PM

My Son and I think Lebron is Great and are fans of him also.

but in all seriousness his triple double with 50 points is Tremendously great but Kobe's 61 still tops it.

I mean 61 points by one single player has never been scored

in NEW YORK PERIOD

Thank you. Someone with common sense.

No one doubts Lebron's skills. He's my second favorite player behind Kobe. Lebron had a great night. Kobe had a better one because he did something thats never been done at MSG before.

End of story.

#112 Monkey

Monkey

Resident Monkey

• 3,248 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:42 PM

well you showed your extent of basketball knowledge

Right...I don't want to waste my time arguing about a bias topic regarding ball hogging shows how extent my basketball knowledge is. :rolleyes:

#113 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:43 PM

Right...I don't want to waste my time arguing about a bias topic regarding ball hogging shows how extent my basketball knowledge is. :rolleyes:

I look at the assist columns to find out who is the biggest ball hog.

Apparently setting your teammates up with easy points shows you're a ball hog, while giving your teammate the ball in a bad position so he has to work his way for a good shot is a good teammate.

#114 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,126 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:45 PM

When you chuck up 30+ shots, you're not doing it 'in the flow of the game'. You're chucking.

When you pass 11 assists, you're not hogging, you're setting others up.

When you grab 10 rebounds, you're not hogging the ball, you're ensuring your team another posession

When you block 2 shots, you're not stat padding, you're trying to stop the other guy from scoring

When you let the Knicks score 100+ points on you and you're considered an elite team, you better worry

i'm not talking about the triple double the rebounds were great and the blocks were great

i'm talking assists

so marbury who averaged 8 apg in his prime wasn't a ball hog yes he was he only passed to get assists otherwise the ball was in his hands

steve francis a couple years ago same thing 7 apg was he a ball hog yes

same thing tonight with lebron i got no issue with the points as much as the fact the assists are being made out to be a depiction that he did it in the flow of the game

our 3rd leading scorer in the knicks game almost matched the second leading scorer of the cavs game

lebron didn't let one person create for themselves he either set you up or himself up

definition of ball hog

my statement was uncalled for i apologize
Posted Image

#115 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:45 PM

I guess John Stockton was a ballhog because he set up guys with easy plays and didn't just 'let them do their thing'.

I guess Fisher is the best PG in the league because all he does is pass the ball and let players do their thing.

You're really grasping at straws at this point.

stockton never cared about stats, he played within his offensive system, Lebron has a point guard who can set others up, but Mo wasnt allowed to do that in NY, Fisher is not selfish and he doesnt dominate the ball, but cmon.
The example i can give is Andre miller, he nevers averages 10+ assists yet he is always revered by the teams he plays for, he sets people up without dominating the ball, the same with J-kidd, but i dont care anymore. Become a phnx fan, no better yet a Celtics fan, so that you can say your team plays defense and that wins chapionships

#116 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:47 PM

Iverson
Marbury
Arenas

All ballhogs but passed the ball... Not all ballhogs are like JR Smith or Sasha...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#117 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,384 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

i'm not talking about the triple double the rebounds were great and the blocks were great

i'm talking assists

so marbury who averaged 8 apg in his prime wasn't a ball hog yes he was he only passed to get assists otherwise the ball was in his hands

steve francis a couple years ago same thing 7 apg was he a ball hog yes

very good examples.

#118 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,126 posts

Apparently setting your teammates up with easy points shows you're a ball hog, while giving your teammate the ball in a bad position so he has to work his way for a good shot is a good teammate.

i'm not talking about the assists i'm talking about the amount of points his teammates scored look at the boxscore

it shows his teammates only touched the ball when lebron deemed it a scoring oppurtunity for them

lebron played 44 minutes of 48 meaning this happened all game

that is the definition of ball hog

chris paul for example lets his teammates make plays for themselves throughout the game while setting them up and himself up

there is a difference
Posted Image

#119 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:49 PM

stockton never cared about stats, he played within his offensive system, Lebron has a point guard who can set others up, but Mo wasnt allowed to do that in NY, Fisher is not selfish and he doesnt dominate the ball, but cmon.
The example i can give is Andre miller, he nevers averages 10+ assists yet he is always revered by the teams he plays for, he sets people up without dominating the ball, the same with J-kidd, but i dont care anymore. Become a phnx fan, no better yet a Celtics fan, so that you can say your team plays defense and that wins chapionships

Mo williams is a PG? Since when? Watch basketball please. Mo Williams is a combo guard similar to Jason Terry mold. LeBron is best on that team in setting others up.

Again, I've never heard of a player getting 11 assists and getting criticized for it. Criticize him for chucking 30+ shots, but 11 assists? LOL.

You'd most likely be a Clippers fan if Kobe left. I'm still here and I stand by my code...without dominant post play, we'll never win squat.

#120 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:49 PM

so maybe kobe should be the one standing in the corner waiting to shoot threes, while Fish sets him up...when you have players like Big Z who can create in he post for himself and others, Mo williams nthe same, but he didnt do that, if you look at it, Kobe let odopm and gasol do their thing, odom just missed a lot of shots. Lebron didnt allow his mates to catch a rhythm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users