Photo

Kobe Bryant: What's left to say about him?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lili

lili

Off The Bench

• 1,597 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 01:49 PM

The hardest person to shop for is the guy or gal who has everything.

Similarly, the hardest sports column to write in L.A. is the one on Kobe Bryant.

What are you gonna say?

I mean, what was the last good article you saw that wasn't some dumb rehash about him and Shaq?

Well, here's what I say.

Kobe has grown up.

He's now a terrific teammate.

He's giving to fans, great with the press and tremendously charitable and generous in the community.

Remember the large family in Covina who recently experienced that horrific shooting tragedy, the Ortegas? Do you know who quietly and without any publicity at all gave the surviving family members money to try to make their lives just a little better? Kobe did.

more here

#2 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 03, 2009 - 02:45 PM

im gonna say that 61 at the garden was done on 8 fingers...if all 10 were healthy, he woulda dropped 90

true story

Edited by pound4pound, February 03, 2009 - 02:46 PM.

QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#3 Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles

Bile

• 280 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Byron Scott

Posted February 03, 2009 - 02:58 PM

Last line is kinda silly. I grow tired of it. People give that cliche line about not seeing another player like this in our lifetime, enjoy it, etc. Its as if they are trying to point out how enlightened they are that they can see this grand picture.

People said there would never be another Magic. I watched Magic, and Lebron is doing the things he did. Everyone said there would never be anyone like MJ. Kobe isn't quite on his overall level, but he's close on most of them. There is probably a player that's 10-12 yrs old right now that will make us think of Kobe. A lifetime is a long time. To say a player is a once in a lifetime talent is stupid. /rant

#4 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,147 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 03:14 PM

Last line is kinda silly. I grow tired of it. People give that cliche line about not seeing another player like this in our lifetime, enjoy it, etc. Its as if they are trying to point out how enlightened they are that they can see this grand picture.

People said there would never be another Magic. I watched Magic, and Lebron is doing the things he did. Everyone said there would never be anyone like MJ. Kobe isn't quite on his overall level, but he's close on most of them. There is probably a player that's 10-12 yrs old right now that will make us think of Kobe. A lifetime is a long time. To say a player is a once in a lifetime talent is stupid. /rant

the truth is you wont because time and place are as big a factors as basketball impact

MJ was the first of his kind and therefore will always be the best of his kind don't mind the fact that kobe will pass him in everything but MVPs and lebron will proceed to pass kobe in everything therefore passing mike

i'm not saying one is better or one is worse what i am saying is time and place are important and kobe came after jordan therefore he will always be compared to MJ while lebron will always be compared to MJ and kobe

time and place it sucks but its the truth

if lebron came first i guarantee we'd be talking about jordan and kobe trying to catch him and be the best same with kobe
Posted Image

#5 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 03, 2009 - 04:29 PM

that is one of more than a million reasons why I'm a big fan of Kobe Bean Bryant enough said.,
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users