#21 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted February 03, 2009 - 02:30 PM

Don't see how this guy could hate on this game. So what if he had 3 assists, 0 rebounds, and 0 steals? Not like it's a requirement and this is a place they play at once a season.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#22 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted February 03, 2009 - 02:32 PM

Can't find the stat line, but I read somewhere the MJ only had 2 asts when he scored 55 at the Garden.

#23 lili

lili

Off The Bench

• 1,597 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 02:35 PM

and i guess he accomplished his goal, since all of you are talking about it, and bringing more attention to it. let him talk if he wants, those are just words, the record books are there, he can take those away.

let it go.

#24 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted February 03, 2009 - 02:44 PM

You are assuming too much in what I say and you missed my point. Please read my post again. I didn't say kobe doesn't play team ball. The last year and a half he has played team ball very well and He deserved the MVP for that reason last year.

Yea but saying they need to make a point of that this game was an exception is an insult to the players and the coaching staff. You clearly haven't been paying attention the past year and a half, or even the past few years to Kobe and this team's transformation. They know what they need to do. You are over-reacting about one game. They aren't going to forget about team ball because of one game. They don't need to make a point of anything. MSG is the most expensive ticket in the NBA, and Kobe wanted to put on a show. Also add that NYC is considered the "Basketball Mecca", a place where all the superstars want to perform well. Also add that he wanted to make a statement the game right after Bynum was injured. Put those together and you will get a phenomenal performance by our MVP.

#25 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 02:49 PM

Can't find the stat line, but I read somewhere the MJ only had 2 asts when he scored 55 at the Garden.

http://www.basketbal...9503280NYK.html
MJ: 55/4/2/1/0 in 39 minutes on 57% shooting.
Kobe: 61/0/3/0/1 in 37 minutes on 61% shooting.

It's stupid to bag on Kobe's performance, did the dude watch the game? Kobe was just on, I actually thought he was gonna force more shots since he was so on fire, but he found his teammates with some great passing. When you're that on fire, you gotta score. And we were whooping [expletive] with him playing. He's didn't just go off cuz he thought he had to cuz Bynum dropped, it might have been more so that he was playing at MSG, he wanted to make his own legend there, and he didn't even force it, dude just didn't miss.

MJ's performance is still better (95 Knicks were one of the best defenses in the league... 09 Knicks...... eh), but it's not about that. Celebrate Kobe's success and greatness please.

#26 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 03, 2009 - 03:42 PM

I think Buss said he would do what it takes to keep Kobe here. I don't recall him saying he promised him a maximum extension. Do you have a link?

You're probably right. I probably read the max extension into what Dr. Buss said just like I read too much into what you said. It was the way he said it that made me assume that. Sorry.

Here's the link anyway: http://articles.lati...ports/sp-buss10

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 03, 2009 - 03:45 PM.

#27 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 04:41 PM

You're probably right. I probably read the max extension into what Dr. Buss said just like I read too much into what you said. It was the way he said it that made me assume that. Sorry.

Here's the link anyway: http://articles.lati...ports/sp-buss10

NP. Thanks for the link. I bet if there is any negotiating with Kobe perhaps Buss will give him an extra year for a lesser amount up front as he wants to avoid as much luxury tax as possible.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#28 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 04:45 PM

NP. Thanks for the link. I bet if there is any negotiating with Kobe perhaps Buss will give him an extra year for a lesser amount up front as he wants to avoid as much luxury tax as possible.

And I'll bet he gives him whatever he wants! :)

#29 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 04:51 PM

Yea but saying they need to make a point of that this game was an exception is an insult to the players and the coaching staff. You clearly haven't been paying attention the past year and a half, or even the past few years to Kobe and this team's transformation. They know what they need to do. You are over-reacting about one game. They aren't going to forget about team ball because of one game. They don't need to make a point of anything. MSG is the most expensive ticket in the NBA, and Kobe wanted to put on a show. Also add that NYC is considered the "Basketball Mecca", a place where all the superstars want to perform well. Also add that he wanted to make a statement the game right after Bynum was injured. Put those together and you will get a phenomenal performance by our MVP.

This was my post...

"It was a great performance. There is a danger of getting in a mode that ices his teammates. Hopefully both the other players, Kobe, and coaches make a point this is the exception rather than the rule to ultimately win it all".

How is this insulting the players and the coaches? Why do you assume i haven't paid attention to the lakers the last 1-2 years? How is this an overreaction? :huh:

I made a minor point and you jump all over it. I have recognized the transformation of Kobe Bryant and the growth of his teammates. I for one said he deserved MVP.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

PHIL JACKSON

#30 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 04:55 PM

And I'll bet he gives him whatever he wants! :)

Probably, Buss is a generous and forgiving Owner. :bow: Some owners would have reacted quite differently than he did a couple of years ago when he was insulted in the media. I think we have the best owner in the NBA given his history and generousity toward his players.

PHIL JACKSON

#31 Vibe

Vibe

On top of the world

• 149 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 03, 2009 - 05:07 PM

He is said it was only 9 point game .....it was 20 when kobe left the game... so the game wasnt even close.

They just ****ing dumbasses...always trying to put him down. WTF its not like lakers lost the game. Anybody that criticize this game should die.

#32 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,395 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 03, 2009 - 05:28 PM

This is the only way to describe the article:

Posted Image

Edited by Westcoast21, February 03, 2009 - 05:28 PM.

#33 elpermic

elpermic

Rookie

• 1,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:worthy, kobe, magic

Posted February 03, 2009 - 07:59 PM

I LAUGH when he says LeBron neutralized Kobe, because we knew Kobe made shots over LeBron.

Infact, I don't remember any point in the game where LeBron shot over Kobe and scored! LMAO!

I'd plow Vanessa Bryant.

#34 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted February 03, 2009 - 08:09 PM

It's the other way round, Kobe neutralized Lebron. That game, Kobe D-up Lebron the whole game...and with a fresh ring finger off an injury....that just adds to a lebron-sided comment.

In any case, we know such 61pt effort from Kobe wun lead to all-I-can-score-Kobe-who-dumps-teammates.

Let the Lakers and Kobe play the game on. We fans know what's up.

#35 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 582 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 04, 2009 - 09:58 AM

It's Colorado and Shaq leaving. People will never get over it.

FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT. Thats what it is and has been over the years people hated kobe because of the shaq situation and then colorado

#36 mamba818

mamba818

Rookie

• 131 posts
  • Name:Kevin Moradi
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted February 04, 2009 - 10:43 AM

UNBELIEVABLE......plain and simple i just dont get how come they hate him so much..
he asses alot they say " hes too old to score like he used to"
he shoots alot " he doesn't involve his teammates enough
its a lose lose situation no matter what we just have to face it laker fans.

#37 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,934 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 04, 2009 - 11:08 AM

My last point on the matter, is that I really appreciate it when Kobe goes out and does this.

I am a huge Lakers and Kobe Bryant fan. The regular season is long, and certainly has its dead spots. Kobe Bryant understands this, and recognizes that he has the rare ability to go off like this from time to time, and Monday night, was one of those times.

You could sense very early in this game the type of rhythm Bryant was in. The game was coming to him very easily. His shots were falling, and the defensive pressure was relatively light.

Why not go off for 50+ ?

He did exactly what he should've done. He hasn't had a game like this in well over a season, and it was just fun to see him break out for a game and go on a scoring binge.

What Kobe did on Monday night is part of what makes sports truly entertaining. We had gotten so used to seeing Kobe go for 25-30, that Monday's game took us by surprise in many ways.

How many people in the league can do what Kobe did?

Iverson, Lebron, Arenas (when healthy), Carmelo . . . who else?

There just aren't that many. And even with the ability to do it, it is a rare occasion for it to happen.

What Kobe did on Monday night was a gift to the MSG crowd, his fans, Lakers fans, and NBA fans as a whole.

Tonight is a new night, and he'll play a new game. But as far as Monday night goes, just enjoy the performance. One day you'll look up, and Kobe will be gone.

Which brings me to one last point.

The day Kobe retires I fully expect to read an onslaught of articles discussing how under-appreciated he was. This is the most maligned superstar perhaps in the history of professional sports.

He is perhaps the games greatest player ever, but people find it much more enjoyable to bring him down, than they do to give him the appropriate accolades for his on-court performance. Some day, Kobe won't be here anymore. And when he's no longer on the court, people like Mr. Paul Forrester may finally begin to recognize that there is no one else like him.

Neutralized by Lebron :rolleyes:

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#38 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 11:20 AM

That was a brilliant take. Loved it and it was right on the money!

#39 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 12:07 PM

This guy is one guy who has an opinion which most fans laker or not disagree with. Lets not make it seem this is the prevalent opinion. Lots of things have changed in the last 2-3 years. Sometimes fans jump on one article much like a player jumps on one criticism to get them going. Have you ever thought that sometimes these sportswriters do this intentional just for the hits they can get on their website? Sometimes the headline has nothing to do with the article itself.

PHIL JACKSON

#40 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 01:46 PM

This guy is one guy who has an opinion which most fans laker or not disagree with. Lets not make it seem this is the prevalent opinion. Lots of things have changed in the last 2-3 years. Sometimes fans jump on one article much like a player jumps on one criticism to get them going. Have you ever thought that sometimes these sportswriters do this intentional just for the hits they can get on their website? Sometimes the headline has nothing to do with the article itself.

Good point, but you know what? While Kobe Bryant's game has continued to evolve, he has been GREAT as a team player since Philip arrived. 3 rings. Hellooooo!!! Do you think Shaq would have done it without him? Do you think Kobe played his own game and not with Shaq? Shaq has called him the best player in the game since 2001 or 2002. It's not just the past 2 seasons. Hardly. As Ukuga said, "[he's] the most maligned superstar perhaps in the history of professional sports." I second that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users