Photo

Boston and Cleveland back to back this week: What do you think?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 TheAssassin611

TheAssassin611

"The Young Assassin"

• 892 posts
  • Name:Mohammad Abdulrauf L. Lauban
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 02, 2009 - 04:40 AM

Two Tough Game.
Hard to Judge who will win. :omg:

#22 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,737 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 02, 2009 - 04:53 AM

At the Q? Cleveland 100%.
At Boston? Boston 98%.

I really don´t care, I only care about the Lakers and our next games.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#23 KaPau

KaPau

Rookie

• 68 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Erving "Magic" Johnson

Posted February 02, 2009 - 07:12 AM

They are tough games but I believe the guys will rally round it and surprise everyone.

#24 Master Zen

Master Zen

Rookie

• 482 posts
  • Name:Hugues
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted February 02, 2009 - 08:11 AM

I think Kobe is gonna have to step it up and drop 40+ in both games...and Powell neeeds to step it up. We can win both

Same. Kobe will win it :rock:

#25 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,723 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 02, 2009 - 08:22 AM

When Kobe goes on more than 40+ we usually loose...
Posted Image

#26 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted February 02, 2009 - 11:21 AM

When Kobe goes on more than 40+ we usually loose...

Sometimes. I don't think he'll go on those 40+, 4/5 games in a row type games nemore though. Maybe around 35 and get 5-7 assists.

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#27 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 02, 2009 - 09:26 PM

I think we should worry about the Raptors first. If we win, it guarantees a 4-2 road trip which is respectable any way you slice it. As for the Chowds, I'm glad that they won't have another chance to play against Bynum until the NBA Finals. Same for the Cavs for that matter.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 02, 2009 - 09:27 PM.

#28 Rene

Rene

Reborn

• 418 posts
  • Name:Rene

Posted February 02, 2009 - 10:09 PM

Go ahead and call me crazy but I don't think Cleveland has the talent to bang with the elites of the NBA, I still see them as semi-contenders, in my simplest terms, it's LeBron James and 11 other scrubs. :shifty:

#29 offtheheezy

offtheheezy

Off The Bench

• 2,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fish

Posted February 02, 2009 - 10:17 PM

Go ahead and call me crazy but I don't think Cleveland has the talent to bang with the elites of the NBA, I still see them as semi-contenders, in my simplest terms, it's LeBron James and Mo Williams and 10 other scrubs. :shifty:

fixed

Posted Image

When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"

#30 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 02, 2009 - 10:28 PM

fixed

Mo Williams is a rich man's Derek Fisher. He's a decent scorer who plays no defense and has nothing else going for him.

We'll beat Cleveland, but we won't beat Boston. With that embarrassment of letting the Knicks put up 118 points on us, we're not going to beat Boston.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#31 offtheheezy

offtheheezy

Off The Bench

• 2,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fish

Posted February 02, 2009 - 10:33 PM

Mo Williams is a rich man's Derek Fisher. He's a decent scorer who plays no defense and has nothing else going for him.

We'll beat Cleveland, but we won't beat Boston. With that embarrassment of letting the Knicks put up 118 points on us, we're not going to beat Boston.

when will u learn that knicks have always scored a lot? i mean let say if memphis or somebody put 118 points on us then it would be an embarrassment.

Posted Image

When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"

#32 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,527 posts

Posted February 02, 2009 - 10:38 PM

why do i get the feeling the rest of the lakers are tired of this we need bynum stuff expect all of them to play with a chip on their shoulder we still need drew in the playoffs but we can still get the best record without him

when you score 126 you are going to give up points we hold the right teams down which is important
Posted Image

#33 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted February 03, 2009 - 08:51 AM

why do i get the feeling the rest of the lakers are tired of this we need bynum stuff expect all of them to play with a chip on their shoulder we still need drew in the playoffs but we can still get the best record without him

when you score 126 you are going to give up points we hold the right teams down which is important

When the bench combines for 19 points, I really don't think that's a good thing. Taking Ariza out of the picture then bench put up 6 Points on 2-14 shooting (14.3%).

Their bench outscored our bench 53-19, Ouch. I didn't see the game and when I saw that stat, I thought Lakers had lost.

Edited by Base, February 03, 2009 - 08:59 AM.

#34 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 10:09 AM

When the bench combines for 19 points, I really don't think that's a good thing. Taking Ariza out of the picture then bench put up 6 Points on 2-14 shooting (14.3%).

Their bench outscored our bench 53-19, Ouch. I didn't see the game and when I saw that stat, I thought Lakers had lost.

Don't worry about it! Kobe was playing to the Madison Square Garden crowd and, again, you could tell that we were going to toy with this team from the outset anyway. Why is it that it seems like most of you don't remember how great we played with this same team last year (basically sub Powell for Turiaf - a wash, add Ariza)? After this road trip, we don't play the Chowds, Cavs or Magic again, and we play the Spurs and Hornets one more time. As far as I'm concerned, that takes care of the "elite" teams as things are shaping up this year and still gives us a legit shot at the best record in the NBA .. even if we lose to Boston and Cleveland on this road trip.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 03, 2009 - 10:28 AM.

#35 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted February 03, 2009 - 10:33 AM

We were up by 15 with a minute to go. You were embarrassed by the Lakers performance last night? Hmmm. I've been told I can't call anyone a Faker Fan, so I won't.

#36 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 11:05 AM

We were up by 15 with a minute to go. You were embarrassed by the Lakers performance last night? Hmmm. I've been told I can't call anyone a Faker Fan, so I won't.

I think anyone who isn't happy with the make up and personality of this Lakers team, and prefers the type of basketball that was started by the Bad Boy Pistons of the late '80s and continued through the Bulls Dynasty, the Spurs, the '04 Pistons, and now what we're witnessing with the Celtics and Cavs, should root for the Celtics and Cavs. These Lakers obviously will never be what The Entitled (F---- Fans) want them to be anyway, so you should all do yourselves a favor and bandwagon on over to those guys wearing the green or orange jerseys and watch some defense and ugly games every night.

#37 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted February 03, 2009 - 11:46 AM

I think anyone who isn't happy with the make up and personality of this Lakers team, and prefers the type of basketball that was started by the Bad Boy Pistons of the late '80s and continued through the Bulls Dynasty, the Spurs, the '04 Pistons, and now what we're witnessing with the Celtics and Cavs, should root for the Celtics and Cavs. These Lakers obviously will never be what The Entitled (F---- Fans) want them to be anyway, so you should all do yourselves a favor and bandwagon on over to those guys wearing the green or orange jerseys and watch some defense and ugly games every night.

I guess there's a new "F" word on this site.

#38 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,120 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 03, 2009 - 01:23 PM

As for the Chowds, I'm glad that they won't have another chance to play against Bynum until the NBA Finals. Same for the Cavs for that matter.

That's an interesting way to look at it.

Personally, I was just thinking this morning that I would've like AB to get a chance to go into both of these environments, get pushed around, and see how he responds.

He played very well at Cleveland last year; but, he clanked two free throws at the end of the game. It was his first ever opportunity to have a big clutch, moment, and he blew it. It was in the coming days that he really began to come out of his shell, though.

No matter who plays and who doesn't, I'd like to see us win one of the two, just because.

Also, in regards to this whole Bynum issue - I think it does two things FOR the Lakers

1) It gives them an excuse. Even though we all know (or should) how good this team can be without Bynum, losing him on 1/31 still moves them a down a notch in many people's eyes. If they lose, people will will note that the team's chances were hampered due to the loss of Bynum. (Of course, since they have Kobe, losing will always garner them a lot of negative attention).

2) It provides extra motivation. Now that people are doubting their chances somewhat, they have extra incentive to go out and prove that the team that lost to Boston last year is not "soft", and is hungry to finish off what it couldn't a year ago.

Let's win this thing.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#39 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 01:38 PM

That's an interesting way to look at it.

I'm always trying to turn a negative into a positive! Of course I'd like to win 1 of the 2 if not both games. But given that the big 3 from the East will be behind us and with only 1 game more against the Spurs and the Hornets, we'll be fine. When Bynum returns, I'm sure Philip will ease him back in, maybe even as the 6th man. Other teams can look forward to that!

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 03, 2009 - 07:14 PM.

#40 Angela1986

Angela1986

Off The Bench

• 1,584 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 06:15 PM

I don't know how to call either of these games. I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. Even though he didn't have monster numbers statistically, Drew's presence was a big factor imo in both games. It'll definitely be interesting, nervous and hopefully fun to watch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users