#41 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 05, 2009 - 10:34 AM

Mihm being has had games were he has come in and done a great job, I expect him to be a positive factor while Bynum is out. He has never looked this healthy while he has been with the Lakers.

I really like our chances with him in the lineup.

It's nice to see he has some loyal fans who are willing to be patient with him. I started this thread with an optimistic attitude and perhaps I need to be patient as well. Let's see how patient Philip is with him.

#42 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 05, 2009 - 11:15 AM

well the rust is a concern, but what i remember of CM is that he was a POOR post defender, had fouls drawn against him with ease, and was somewhat skilled offensively .... i have to agree that his skill is greatly diminished from the injuries and i doubt he will have any impact but we can hope for the best
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#43 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 11:26 AM

well the rust is a concern, but what i remember of CM is that he was a POOR post defender, had fouls drawn against him with ease, and was somewhat skilled offensively .... i have to agree that his skill is greatly diminished from the injuries and i doubt he will have any impact but we can hope for the best

I remember him becoming a good NBA center before his injuries. Not great at anything, but good at everything. Right now, he's not that.

#44 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted February 05, 2009 - 11:44 AM

I remember him becoming a good NBA center before his injuries. Not great at anything, but good at everything. Right now, he's not that.

ken, defensively though? i do remember him being decent, but mostly on the offensive side of the ball from jump hooks to power dunks (he did have pretty decent hops before), he did get some blocks but i never considered him a great shotblocker, i dont know if anyone else did, i do hope he comes through though and proves me wrong because we sorely need him to step up
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#45 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted February 05, 2009 - 11:52 AM

Exactly phife, he was always such a bad defender. Picking up cheap fouls, weak man to man defender and got outhustled on the boards.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#46 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 12:34 PM

ken, defensively though? i do remember him being decent, but mostly on the offensive side of the ball from jump hooks to power dunks (he did have pretty decent hops before), he did get some blocks but i never considered him a great shotblocker, i dont know if anyone else did, i do hope he comes through though and proves me wrong because we sorely need him to step up

Like I said. Not great at anything, but good at everything. Like Luke is at his position. Just like Luke, his biggest weakness was defense.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 05, 2009 - 12:34 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users