45 replies to this topic

#21 LP_18

LP_18

Sasha's favorite

• 1,856 posts
  • Name:Lisa
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha!

Posted February 01, 2009 - 04:57 PM

hasnt pau , drew and LO had games like that, he s outta rhythm right now from lack of PT... i mean it doesnt take a basketball scholar to figure that out, everybody should give him at least a shot, and if somone suggested Butler's stats in a orrible NY team, a couple of sesons ago. WOW, people really hate MIHM , huh? well the hate is unjustified

everytime ive seen mihm play this season he hasnt done well. when bynum and pau have bad games, they still get more than 2 points, and they come back the next game with 20+.
you cant compare mihm to bynum and pau.

i have no reason to hate mihm. if he was doing well, no one would be able to say anything. but hes not. he needs to step up.

QUOTE (MDI @ Mar 19 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when did sash turn into kobe ? WTF?

TEAM SASHA!
TEAM PAU PAU!

#22 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 01, 2009 - 05:02 PM

everytime ive seen mihm play this season he hasnt done well. when bynum and pau have bad games, they still get more than 2 points, and they come back the next game with 20+.
you cant compare mihm to bynum and pau.

i have no reason to hate mihm. if he was doing well, no one would be able to say anything. but hes not. he needs to step up.

yeah, theyt come back with good games b/c they are in a rhythm....while Mihm has to wait and see if he can even get in at GARBAGE TIME, plus do we ned any offense from the mihms, suns, and powells, no. we just need steady play and for sure mihm can and will do tat if h has time. but i know that u havent seen a good enough sample of his skills
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#23 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted February 01, 2009 - 05:22 PM

He'll come in whenever Pau comes out. I don't expect anything from him anyway so I won't be disappointed.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#24 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 01, 2009 - 08:03 PM

He was 10/6 in his prime, but he is never a defensive anchor, end of story...

Extremely foul-prone, poor rebounder for his size, horrible hands (although he is a better finisher than Kwame), and that was ages ago...

Now it became worse.. He has no lift at all, and makes Diop look like Leandro Barbosa... He is now a liability on both ends of the floor... The drop of his game is comparable to jumping off a cliff...

At this point, he is worth 6 fouls, and everything else is a bonus...

Not hating him, it is what it is... With his constant injury and ring rust, can't blame him for that...

Edited by Avtomat Kalashnikov, February 01, 2009 - 08:03 PM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#25 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted February 01, 2009 - 08:05 PM

He was 10/6 in his prime, but he is never a defensive anchor, end of story...

Extremely foul-prone, poor rebounder for his size, horrible hands (although he is a better finisher than Kwame), and that was ages ago...

Now it became worse.. He has no lift at all, and makes Diop look like Leandro Barbosa... He is now a liability on both ends of the floor... The drop of his game is comparable to jumping off a cliff...

At this point, he is worth 6 fouls, and everything else is a bonus...

Not hating him, it is what it is... With his constant injury and ring rust, can't blame him for that...

I was waiting for your response here, you have the best and funniest NBA player critques. :rock:
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#26 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 01, 2009 - 08:31 PM

Nah I'd rather not. You're the one who likes to take posts as attacks. You just like to start fights online--whether you know it or not (maybe it's subconscious?). I don't think anyone else would have taken it as personally as you have. Which tells us something.

What I AM sorry for is that you have to do this on every thread. Then again, I think you enjoy a good fight. So maybe I'm not so sorry.

I start a relevant thread and this is your natural immature response to it. Apologize to yourself.

#27 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted February 01, 2009 - 08:43 PM

i feel like we should play Mihm more; give him a chance to prove himself. He hasnt gotten that opportunity yet. & if he fails... well. <_< :lol:

#28 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted February 01, 2009 - 09:05 PM

I start a relevant thread and this is your natural immature response to it. Apologize to yourself.

Act your age for once Mr. Ken.

#29 magicmoment

magicmoment

• 3,489 posts

Posted February 02, 2009 - 09:08 AM

can we please stick to the topic. be more mature and ignore each other. -Magicmoment

Posted Image

#30 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted February 02, 2009 - 10:17 AM

A relevant thread? I'd rather revisit a two week old thread and talk about how poor a player Andrew Bynum is, or I'd rather go on the current Andrew Bynum thread and talk about how I'm refreshing my computer every minute until his MRI results come in. Relevant thread? Who's got time for that?

#31 magicmoment

magicmoment

• 3,489 posts

Posted February 02, 2009 - 10:42 AM

back on topic please or the thread gets locked... -Magicmoment

Posted Image

#32 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:14 PM

*bump*

3 fouls in 3 minutes... He was nothing special before, and he will not be pulling a Grant Hill-like comeback anytime soon... If he's our trump card, OMG help us all...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#33 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 04, 2009 - 07:16 PM

great way to demean a professional, who has had injuries sideline his career, and is out of rhythm due to lack of pt
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#34 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 08:42 PM

He did get two offensive rebounds and had three points but other than that he didn't really do much in this game.

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#35 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 08:46 PM

He did get two offensive rebounds and had three points but other than that he didn't really do much in this game.

He is completely out of rhythm and his timing is terrible but, more important, his his hops look gone. If he gets some minutes, he might improve, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Philip will turn to DJ for some tough backup minutes soon. Admittedly, I'm not as optimistic about Mihm as I was.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 04, 2009 - 08:47 PM.

#36 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts

Posted February 04, 2009 - 08:49 PM

Yeh I already expect close-to-nothing for Chris Mihm anyway so there's no way I can be set up for disappointment. If he contributes then that's great but if wasn't able to then I don't worry about it much because I know the circumstances and his situation.

Posted Image
Team Farmar

#37 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,771 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 05, 2009 - 02:23 AM

Sorry Ken but Mihm isn't up to snuff.

When he was at his best, he was foul prone. Jumped at every shot, missed most. Was slow and methodical (although skilled) in the post. Was blocked alot.

He turned out to be a decent backup for a decent team. NOW? This team is built around speed, athleticism and versatility...none of which are Mihm's strong points.

He has some skill...undeniable. But he's just not in the plans any more. I'll go out on a limb and say Powell is more important to this team (as currently constructed) than Mihm. Doesn't mean Mihm can't help us. Just means it will be in limited action and a STRICT matchup decision.

#38 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 05, 2009 - 08:09 AM

That's not exactly "going out on a limb," Doc. Mihm's done.

#39 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,860 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 05, 2009 - 08:13 AM

Nothing to discuss. Mihm gives us six fouls and an expiring $2.5 million. Not worth much in my books.

#40 KaPau

KaPau

Rookie

• 68 posts
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Erving "Magic" Johnson

Posted February 05, 2009 - 08:42 AM

Mihm being has had games were he has come in and done a great job, I expect him to be a positive factor while Bynum is out. He has never looked this healthy while he has been with the Lakers.

I really like our chances with him in the lineup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users