#1 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 01, 2009 - 12:27 PM

... here's a guy who has been chomping at the bit to contribute. He's a legitimate 7 footer with skills and would be in his prime but for his injury woes. He's 100% healthy and, most important, he's in a contract year. I realize that people look at him as a scrub whose only value is a potential trade with his expiring contract, but I have another spin. I think he's going to surprise a lot of us with some steady minutes backing up Pau Gasol. He'll finally have a chance to get into a rhythm and he's now a veteran who knows Philip's system inside and out. Comments?

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 01, 2009 - 12:28 PM.

#2 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 01, 2009 - 12:43 PM

he's a 7 footer but doesn't play like one. He had skills but not anymore. NO he's not 100% otherwise he'd still have his 04/05 crazy hops and strength. He maybe in contract year but he's been in retirement mode for a while. I'm not gonna place my hope or have any expectations on Mihm simply because he can't do anything that will help us. Say No to Mihm. Mbegna or Powell to the rescue

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#3 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted February 01, 2009 - 12:44 PM

I like your optimism Kenny, but let's face it... it's not like you know something we don't....

Mihm's stats will go up because of increased minutes. But the guy's a stiff... not sure he will do much for our team. He's just an extra body out there when he's playing. Nothing more.

But I hope you're right.

#4 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted February 01, 2009 - 12:57 PM

When he started he only got about 6 boards a game which is less than average for a center, he always picked up cheap fouls and did a bad job defending the post. We had a better record once Kwame became our starting center than him, yup Beethovenite's right he's nothing but a stiff and a draft bust.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#5 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted February 01, 2009 - 01:06 PM

I don't see why people are so quick to dismiss him. He only became healthy in the middle of the playoffs last year, and now he had summer and training camp under his belt. He hasn't gotten any PT because we have two significantly better options at the 5. But the guy hasn't gotten any significant amount of court time to for any fan to say he won't be a good option out there. I wouldn't mind giving him a shot, maybe 15 minutes a game.

w/o bynum, a good line up would be

fish, kob, luke/vlad, powell, gasol
farmar, sasha, ariza, odom, mihm

#6 Master Zen

Master Zen

Rookie

• 482 posts
  • Name:Hugues
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted February 01, 2009 - 01:09 PM

Chris Who? :D

#7 LP_18

LP_18

Sasha's favorite

• 1,856 posts
  • Name:Lisa
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha!

Posted February 01, 2009 - 01:11 PM

he played 10 minutes yesterda and got 2 points...

he did get 6 rebounds. but somehow he missed 4 shots.

how do you miss 4 out of 5 shots when your 7 feet tall and right in front of the board???

QUOTE (MDI @ Mar 19 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when did sash turn into kobe ? WTF?

TEAM SASHA!
TEAM PAU PAU!

#8 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted February 01, 2009 - 01:13 PM

how do you miss 4 out of 5 shots when your 7 feet tall and right in front of the board???

Exactly, he's pretty much done.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#9 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 01, 2009 - 01:14 PM

The naysayers may be right, but the two most important points I made were 1) that he's finally 100% healthy (which was immediately shot down my MDI) and 2) he would have been in his prime but for his injury woes. I'm just of the mindset that we're a very deep team and that he should be given a chance. Look, Pau's going to play 38-40 mpg anyway, and I suppose that Philip could stick to a 3 man rotation of Pau, LO and Powell at the 4-5, but I think he's going to back up Pau with Mihm and LO with Powell and spread the minutes around that way. As for DJ Mbenga, he'll definitely be suiting up, that's for sure!

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 01, 2009 - 01:15 PM.

#10 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted February 01, 2009 - 01:15 PM

Let him at least try to build up a rhythm before y'all dismiss him.

I seriously doubt Mbenga will get any playing time, THANK GOD.

Edited by daco_inc, February 01, 2009 - 01:16 PM.

#11 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted February 01, 2009 - 01:22 PM

The FA bigs that are out now.
Jackie Butler
Chris Taft
Aaron Willams
Chris Richard

Out of all them Butler sounds intriguing he is still only 23 and put up decent numbers with the Knicks a couple seasons back (5ppg 3rpg 54%fg in 13mins). Hopefully Drew will not be out that long but if he is, Butler wouldn't be a bad pick up for the LLE.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#12 azk81

azk81

Rookie

• 831 posts

Posted February 01, 2009 - 01:31 PM

i think we'll do fine with chris. hes a good center, just needs to play more often to refresh his skills. he honestly doesnt look that bad when hes out there, he just makes stupid mistakes that wont last if he played more often
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

-Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Gone, Never Forgotten.

#13 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted February 01, 2009 - 01:58 PM

I like your optimism Kenny, but let's face it... it's not like you know something we don't....

This is the kind of crap that's intolerable. It's not funny and your tone is condescending. I'm not purporting to know something that others don't know. I'm just throwing it out for discussion. And to judge him on his performance last night alone shows the patience and knowledge of an amateur fan. We haven't even watched him practice. Philip didn't insert him into the game instead of Josh Powell for [expletive]s and giggles.

And don't call me Kenny. Only my friends can call me Kenny. I will accept an apology for your snide comment though.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, February 01, 2009 - 01:59 PM.

#14 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,161 posts

Posted February 01, 2009 - 01:59 PM

I don't even wanna see him on the floor unless we know if we are definitely going to win. I know Phil puts him in there because in case our bigs get in foul trouble, I hope we can pull a trade before the trade deadline and get a big. I thought Mihm would be gone for Lue but I guess it will never happen.

#15 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted February 01, 2009 - 02:20 PM

This is the kind of crap that's intolerable. It's not funny and your tone is condescending. I'm not purporting to know something that others don't know. I'm just throwing it out for discussion. And to judge him on his performance last night alone shows the patience and knowledge of an amateur fan.

Why are you baiting, what makes you think your that much better than us by calling us amateur fans. Patience you say, its been 4 seasons since he played regularly.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#16 pointguard11

pointguard11

Starter

• 4,949 posts

Posted February 01, 2009 - 02:32 PM

Mihm hasn't really played well since his injury so I think he lost some hops and quick because of the injury. Lets hope he can contribute just alittle bit. Expecting him to shine is just asking too much.

Ken, why do you call yourself beloved?
"The way Steve is as a teammate, the way he sets the tone, the way the team kind of takes on his persona. As a coach, that's the best thing in the world. It's easy to coach. He's taking care of the chemistry. You just coach."

Mike D'Antoni

#17 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,403 posts

Posted February 01, 2009 - 02:47 PM

I think with time and experience he will be a little bit better, but obviously he's not going to be even close to filling in the gap that Bynum will leave. One thing about him is that he really seems to want to play hard and help this team, so i'll give him that. I think Phil's definitely gonna be experimenting with him, but hopefully he can also experiment with Powell and Mbenga.

#18 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted February 01, 2009 - 03:45 PM

This is the kind of crap that's intolerable. It's not funny and your tone is condescending. I'm not purporting to know something that others don't know. I'm just throwing it out for discussion. And to judge him on his performance last night alone shows the patience and knowledge of an amateur fan. We haven't even watched him practice. Philip didn't insert him into the game instead of Josh Powell for [expletive]s and giggles.

And don't call me Kenny. Only my friends can call me Kenny. I will accept an apology for your snide comment though.

Nah I'd rather not. You're the one who likes to take posts as attacks. You just like to start fights online--whether you know it or not (maybe it's subconscious?). I don't think anyone else would have taken it as personally as you have. Which tells us something.

What I AM sorry for is that you have to do this on every thread. Then again, I think you enjoy a good fight. So maybe I'm not so sorry.

#19 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 01, 2009 - 03:48 PM

When he started he only got about 6 boards a game which is less than average for a center, he always picked up cheap fouls and did a bad job defending the post. We had a better record once Kwame became our starting center than him, yup Beethovenite's right he's nothing but a stiff and a draft bust.

actually as a stretch while he was starting he averaged 11 and 10, but sometimes Phil WOULD START kwame for some reason. then he went down and he lakers DID play better, but that wasnt any fault of mihm. Bottomline is he isnt a stiff. he is a decnt player, simlar to pj brown was for our rivals, especially when u factor in his knowledge of the triangle he wont hurt us as much as Kwame and Smush did
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#20 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 01, 2009 - 03:53 PM

hasnt pau , drew and LO had games like that, he s outta rhythm right now from lack of PT... i mean it doesnt take a basketball scholar to figure that out, everybody should give him at least a shot, and if somone suggested Butler's stats in a orrible NY team, a couple of sesons ago. WOW, people really hate MIHM , huh? well the hate is unjustified
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users