17 replies to this topic

#1 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,313 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted January 29, 2009 - 03:53 PM

Lamar Odom joined the Lakers in the 2004, and sitting here in 2009 he is still the most perplexing individual on this roster.
Why do I say that? Well we still can€™t put a finger on Lamar. A player that some people call a walking mismatch, others call him Lamar O-dumb.

You love him then you hate him, you want to trade him but when the rumors get thick you cringe at the thought.

Regardless, you got to have deep respect for a man that has given his all to this organization. Playing with a torn labrum in the 2007 Playoffs, coming back strong mentally after the devastating and tragic death of his infant son, and a guy that has said multiple times that he wants to retire a Laker.

full story: http://lakernation.c...-on-lamar-odom/

Edited by Makaveli'#24, January 29, 2009 - 03:53 PM.

#2 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 29, 2009 - 03:57 PM

He is an either or type of player...

There will be stretches where he will play like an all-star, then there will be stretches where he is on space cadet mode, then the cycle just continues...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#3 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,313 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted January 29, 2009 - 07:30 PM

^ Yup. He's taking the game too easy, that's it. If he would play with his heart and would give 100% every game, he would be an all-star starter. Guy could flat out dominate.. he just doesn't but enough effort in it.

#4 eduardozamudiop

eduardozamudiop

2009 & 2010 NBA Champions Baby !

• 516 posts
  • Fan Since:Since Kobe & Shaq dinasty
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted January 30, 2009 - 07:57 AM

I think Lamar its a good player, he can play very good when he wants, he's always an agressive player on the court, i like him, but sometimes he make me feel like "omg Lamar i want to kill you" lol but he's just a player that want to make good games...

#5 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,063 posts

Posted January 30, 2009 - 08:20 AM

LO gives effort when he waaaants to and it ends up being a problem when the team is in need of help and he just plays like the game is whatever where he shows no effort whatsoever. Ticks me off seeing this kind of cycle where he has his all star days and then his f-this-game days. its like 1 game he plays wonderfully, gives it his all and helps out everyone else. and then the game after you expect him to play just like that and it becomes a disappointment to see him eff up. its like come on oDUMB!

#6 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,407 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 30, 2009 - 09:47 AM

Basically put, Odom is NOT a champion.

Champions go out and give it their all when they step onto the hardwood.

Champions don't pick and choose when they want to play hard.

#7 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 30, 2009 - 05:29 PM

Yeah...Lamar is confusing. Lamar is not reliable. Lamar does not play hard every night. Lamar is not a smart player. Lamar is not a go to player.

But he's still talented.

As a 4th or 5th option, we could do worse. But it really depends on how much he wants to stay and if Pau and Bynum play up to their capabilities every night.

#8 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 30, 2009 - 06:20 PM

i dont think its effort because I have seen LO play BAD games where he PLAYED 2 HARD and got charges and TO"S. I just think for all his skills, he hasnt mastered anything therefore he can be and has been and will be inconsitent, but so is Rasheed, and a number of other multi-talents
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#9 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted January 30, 2009 - 06:42 PM

had enough of LO. Gave him too much rope. Work a trade if possible. Rasheed for LO or some other vet but don't want him around as he is too inconsistent.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#10 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 30, 2009 - 08:30 PM

Nah, Rasheed is basically the same thing... Like Lamar, he is more talented than what he is producing, only older... He is a worse rebounder, and LO is more versatile...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#11 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,149 posts

Posted January 30, 2009 - 08:41 PM

lamar is inconclusive.
Posted Image

#12 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,781 posts

Posted January 30, 2009 - 09:47 PM

lamar is inconclusive.

Pretty Much.

#13 Eternal

Eternal

Waiting For The End

• 1,245 posts

Posted January 30, 2009 - 11:58 PM

It's too bad things haven't worked better for Odom. He could be such a better player then what he is showing at this time.

#14 revgen

revgen

Rookie

• 969 posts

Posted February 01, 2009 - 01:39 AM

He's an all-star talent with a role player's mentality.

In the T-Wolves game Stu described Kobe yelling at Lamar from the bench "SHOOT! SHOOT! SHOOT!".

LO simply isn't a guy who's going to be a score-first person despite his ability to do so. It's really not that perplexing, he's been this way his whole career. He's at his best with the Lakers when he's playing with Pau and Kobe or Drew and Kobe. Outside of the Lakers, his best season was playing in Miami with Wade and Caron. He's at his best with other scorers on the court despite the fact that he's clearly capable of scoring himself.

That's LO in a nutshell.

The key is to appreciate what he does bring this team and not what he doesn't bring. People who hate on him are those who see his talent and are frustrated that he's not using it all. Well, stop being frustrated. He's never going to change, so it's not worth fretting over.

Appreciate what he does do and you'll be a lot happier watching him play.

#15 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted February 02, 2009 - 10:03 PM

Only if we lose him, then we will appreciate what he can do for us. He's an asset nevertheless peeps.

#16 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,981 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted February 03, 2009 - 12:08 AM

Every other team in the league would love to have the problem/enigma that is Lamar as your back-up to 2 front court positions.

#17 allornothing

allornothing

Rookie

• 195 posts

Posted February 03, 2009 - 02:46 AM

i am not very fond of lamar as a player but he does put up the effort. It's that he hasn't rally master anything except for rebounding.

#18 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted February 03, 2009 - 01:53 PM

I hate him sometimes, but we should still keep him

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users