Photo

Has Bynum stolen Pau the ''2nd Lakers man'' position?

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Sakata Gintoki

Sakata Gintoki

Rookie

• 103 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted January 29, 2009 - 03:31 PM

THIS ISN´T ABOUT ''WHO´S BETTER PLAYING'', IS ABOUT ''THE SOCIAL POSITION IN THE TEAM''

We all know that Kobe Bryant is the 1st Lakers man. After the trade, Pau Gasol won directly the 2nd Lakers man title. When Bynum has recovered, Gasol continued having the 2nd Lakers man title and Bynum the 3rd Lakers man title with options to place number 2.

But it seems Bynum has stolen Pau completely his position and now Bynum is clearly the ''2nd man of the Lakers after Kobe''. Everybody loves Bynum and after Kobe, they only think in Bynum. And while people still love Pau, they doesn´t care him a lot like Bynum.

Is that happening or is only my imagination? Is really Bynum more important than Pau and the most important Lakers man after Kobe?

#2 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,587 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 29, 2009 - 03:33 PM

No, Pau is no2.
Posted Image

#3 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 29, 2009 - 03:35 PM

THIS ISN´T ABOUT ''WHO´S BETTER PLAYING'', IS ABOUT ''THE SOCIAL POSITION IN THE TEAM''

We all know that Kobe Bryant is the 1st Lakers man. After the trade, Pau Gasol won directly the 2nd Lakers man title. When Bynum has recovered, Gasol continued having the 2nd Lakers man title and Bynum the 3rd Lakers man title with options to place number 2.

But it seems Bynum has stolen Pau completely his position and now Bynum is clearly the ''2nd man of the Lakers after Kobe''. Everybody loves Bynum and after Kobe, they only think in Bynum. And while people still love Pau, they doesn´t care him a lot like Bynum.

Is that happening or is only my imagination? Is really Bynum more important than Pau and the most important Lakers man after Kobe?

It's a great question. I think that Bynum was frustrated by his reduced, less important role, so it has forced the coaching staff into involving him more on the offensive end, which, in turn, has increased his activity on the defensive end. Obviously this is going to take away from Pau, but now that we have seen what it's like when Pau's the #2 option and what it's like with Drew as the #2 option, the coaching staff will now figure out the perfect blend so that we're hitting on all cylinders come playoff time. Pau is such a cerebral player, that I firmly believe it will work.

Edited by Ken #1 Beloved, January 29, 2009 - 03:36 PM.

#4 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,587 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted January 29, 2009 - 03:41 PM

When Pau plays poorly, Bynum will step up, and I think the same thing the other way around.
But I still think Pau is the number 2.
But I doubt they are thinking if they are number 2 3 or 5.
Posted Image

#5 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 03:46 PM

When Pau plays poorly, Bynum will step up, and I think the same thing the other way around.
But I still think Pau is the number 2.
But I doubt they are thinking if they are number 2 3 or 5.

I agree, but it wouldn't surprise me if they both averaged between 15-17 ppg from this point out, with Drew grabbing about 9 boards per game and Pau about 7.

#6 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,504 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 29, 2009 - 03:49 PM

1 bad game...slow your role people

Posted Image

#7 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 03:55 PM

1 bad game...slow your role people

It's not Pau's 1 bad game I'm talking about, it's Drew's increased output. The coaching staff must continue to find a way to channel that and Pau Gasol will find a way to maximize his game while Drew continues to improve. This has nothing to do with the Bobcat game.

#8 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 04:04 PM

Adopted children are always number 2 behind the "real" children. Now that I have pissed off all adopted children let me say Pau is number 2 because he has the maturity to allow Bynum get his groove on. He will have to learn to play off of Bynum for the lakers sake but he is still the vet who kobe will turn too in crunch time, but Bynum is coming on fast. BTW i don't believe in my first statement. :lol:
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#9 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted January 29, 2009 - 04:08 PM

-_-

#10 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 04:32 PM

-_-

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#11 LAKERS_14th

LAKERS_14th

Rookie

• 96 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Black Mamba & BYNUM

Posted January 29, 2009 - 04:56 PM

Pau is number 2 still...we all see what happens when pau has a bad game. bynum is beginning to dominate but i think the team needs to remember the spaniard they have at power forward.

i dont wanna see them battling eachother for the number two spot, they should be complimenting eachother to own the paint
BOSTON SUCKS!!!

#12 LP_18

LP_18

Sasha's favorite

• 1,856 posts
  • Name:Lisa
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha!

Posted January 29, 2009 - 05:03 PM

Pau Pau is still number 2!
Bynum is great but hes not finised, he has alot of room to grow.

QUOTE (MDI @ Mar 19 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when did sash turn into kobe ? WTF?

TEAM SASHA!
TEAM PAU PAU!

#13 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 05:04 PM

The short answer is no, the long answer however, is also no.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#14 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 05:07 PM

The short answer is no, the long answer however, is also no.

I can see why the short answer is no but the long answer is no, you think bynum who just turned 21 will not surpass Gasol who is 28 and near his prime?

Edited by ab4sure, January 29, 2009 - 05:07 PM.

[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

PHIL JACKSON

#15 LP_18

LP_18

Sasha's favorite

• 1,856 posts
  • Name:Lisa
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha!

Posted January 29, 2009 - 05:11 PM

I can see why the short answer is no but the long answer is no, you think bynum who just turned 21 will not surpass Gasol who is 28 and near his prime?

has not or will not?

no he has not. will he? maybe.

QUOTE (MDI @ Mar 19 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when did sash turn into kobe ? WTF?

TEAM SASHA!
TEAM PAU PAU!

#16 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 05:36 PM

has not or will not?

no he has not. will he? maybe.

hedging your bet i guess. i would lay my money down on him.

PHIL JACKSON

#17 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,504 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 29, 2009 - 05:36 PM

It's not Pau's 1 bad game I'm talking about, it's Drew's increased output. The coaching staff must continue to find a way to channel that and Pau Gasol will find a way to maximize his game while Drew continues to improve. This has nothing to do with the Bobcat game.

fair enough, but while bynum has is close to doing enough to warrant a discussion on taking that spot, i don't think pau has truly done enough to lose it

Posted Image

#18 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 29, 2009 - 06:00 PM

Not yet, but I think when Bynum was doing his thang last season, we all saw him with greater potential than we see/saw Pau of possessing. But any given night it can be Pau, Andrew,Odom,Ariza,Farmar,Sasha,even Vlad Rad.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#19 nameant

nameant

Reppin from TX

• 1,227 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 07:04 PM

Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking about when they ask dumb questions.

#20 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted January 29, 2009 - 07:17 PM

not until he helps kobe get to a finals while the other isn't there

but lets not find that out lets have a full team this year
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users