5 replies to this topic

#1 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted January 28, 2009 - 05:01 PM

Hey, wanna have a push-up contest right now?
Kobe Bryant: Not really.

Wait, I thought you were competitive.
Kobe Bryant: I am. It’s just part of my family. My entire family played basketball. And my cousins, we used to always play in the summertime, and we used to just talk trash to each other and beat the crap out of each other—that’s kinda where it came from. ’Cause if you lost, they talked bad about you all day.

Was it a basketball-only thing?
Kobe Bryant: Nah, video games, swimming—it was just constantly verbally assaulting each other.

So when you’re out there and you’re playing, do you get angry?
Kobe Bryant: Sometimes I get angry, but I try to stay neutral. That’s the key. I mean, you can show a burst of emotion, ’cause sometimes that inspires your team; it can inspire you sometimes, too. But for the most part, I try to stay on an even keel, because that’s when you perform your best.

But do you think of it as you being emotional, or is it like a chess game: I’m trying to provoke a reaction from my teammates?
Kobe Bryant: Nah, nah, you just play the game. We’ve been together for a long time, so I know what motivates Lamar Odom, what motivates Sasha Vujacic or Pau Gasol. ’Cause I’ve been around them so much. So from that standpoint, it kinda becomes instinctive because you’re around these guys all the time. They become your brothers.

Much, much more in the link: http://www.complex.c...ory/Kobe-Bryant

Good interview.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#2 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 28, 2009 - 05:47 PM

thanx dude, but if you change the title to kobe interview, this would get more of a reaction
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#3 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 06:04 PM

Lol, he really really seems to hate dog[expletive].

Nice interview!

#4 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,073 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 06:25 PM

lolll @ the dog[expletive] stuff and the dance squads lol

great interview!!

#5 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 28, 2009 - 06:51 PM

great interview, Kobe is truly a humble dude, its seems like no Athlete is good enough for the media, watch out WADE and LABRON in two years, they will turn on you and Roy AND dURANT WILL BE THE DARLINGS
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#6 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted January 28, 2009 - 07:05 PM

Damn had no idea about that Make-A-Wish thing. Makes you think about certain things differently.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users