• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted January 28, 2009 - 01:54 PM

The source at proxy.espn.com is currently down right now, I'll post the article when it comes back up.

Of course, this is a rumor. A posted rumor, nonetheless.

To sum up the article, they're actively shopping a trade right now to get rid of him, because he just doesn't fit with their style of play.

I find it really funny that when he goes down, they go on a 3 game winning streak. All of a sudden, like a month later they have a 7 game winning streak again. Now Brand comes back and they lose again.

All I'm going to say is:

"Dear Elton, meet karma".

-Wise words of my friend ekker3

EDIT: This chat with Chad Ford has Elton Brand trades written all over it

http://proxy.espn.go...?event_id=24743

Edited by TheCalmInsanity, January 28, 2009 - 02:19 PM.

I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#2 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 28, 2009 - 02:03 PM

What kind of Karma awards you an 85 million dollar contract?
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#3 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 28, 2009 - 02:11 PM

What kind of Karma awards you an 85 million dollar contract?

Losing, unwanted on the team stupid enough to pay you that after coming back from a major injury.

#4 elpermic

elpermic

Rookie

• 1,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:worthy, kobe, magic

Posted January 28, 2009 - 02:13 PM

Don't know why they're trading him, they don't need Brand during the season, but they aren't getting past the first round without Brand... In order to make the second round, they need Brand.

I'd plow Vanessa Bryant.

#5 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 28, 2009 - 02:16 PM

Don't know why they're trading him, they don't need Brand during the season, but they aren't getting past the first round without Brand... In order to make the second round, they need Brand.

Nah, I disagree. They need to trade him with a non-traditional PF or at least dump his salary. If I were Ferry, I'd be offering Szerbiach's fat expiring. Brand would thrive under Mike Brown.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 28, 2009 - 02:18 PM

Nah, I disagree. They need to trade him with a non-traditional PF or at least dump his salary. If I were Ferry, I'd be offering Szerbiach's fat expiring. Brand would thrive under Mike Brown.

Please, no. I don't feel like watching Brand and Mo Williams dominate against us in the Finals, while LeBron scores 50 and we lose in five games.

#7 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,394 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 28, 2009 - 02:26 PM

Please, no. I don't feel like watching Brand and Mo Williams dominate against us in the Finals, while LeBron scores 50 and we lose in five games.

No kidding.

#8 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 28, 2009 - 03:56 PM

That is not really karma, he got paid 85 mil... Yeah, he's losing, and hurt, but still got that fat salary... Is Gilbert Arenas is crying too, I think not (he is so unhappy, that he just had a wax statue)...

Philly needs Elton Brand... They should adjust to him, not Brand trying to adjust with their running game...That did wonders for them last season right? Oh, wait...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#9 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted January 28, 2009 - 04:03 PM

Doesn't matter. He could have been getting 80 mil with the Clippers or even 90 mil with the Warriors. Instead he's stinking it up in Philly, this is probably his last big contract if he keeps killing the team like this. Who the hell wants him anyways if he's this bad
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#10 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 28, 2009 - 04:19 PM

Yeah, he sucked this year... but not Mark Madsen bad LOL... He is not some 40 year old bust... Bigs always get paid... After seeing scrubs like Darko, Dampier, Diop and Kwame's salaries (he should be only paid with cakes, 4 mil is overpaying) got paid, he is easily getting more than MLE... Easily...

Yeah, I hate him for pulling a Boozer too... Even If I hate the Clippers, they made Brand looked like a franchise player and he thanked them by skipping town... That's just low...

Edited by Avtomat Kalashnikov, January 28, 2009 - 07:04 PM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#11 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 28, 2009 - 05:01 PM

honestly, i would make a trade with the bucks during the OFFSEASON ......

Elton Brand and Louis Williams

for

Michael Redd and Joe Alexander

http://www.realgm.co...tradeid=4956483

yeah i know, redd is gone for the season but thats why i would do it after the season is done, plus they get an athletic PF to cover their RunNGun style and a LEGIT 3 point shooter which by my estimate, they have NONE on their team

the bucks get a legit PF that can shoot to work with Bogut and a great 6th man while Sessions starts with Ridnour or vice versa (Sessions is 6th man and Williams starts with Luke) ... is milwaukee considered a running style team? with Bogut I think they are more of a halfcourt type right?
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#12 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted January 28, 2009 - 05:02 PM

Back to Chi town for Hinrich, Thomas?
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#13 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted January 28, 2009 - 06:33 PM

honestly, i would make a trade with the bucks during the OFFSEASON ......

Elton Brand and Louis Williams

for

Michael Redd and Joe Alexander

http://www.realgm.co...tradeid=4956483

yeah i know, redd is gone for the season but thats why i would do it after the season is done, plus they get an athletic PF to cover their RunNGun style and a LEGIT 3 point shooter which by my estimate, they have NONE on their team

the bucks get a legit PF that can shoot to work with Bogut and a great 6th man while Sessions starts with Ridnour or vice versa (Sessions is 6th man and Williams starts with Luke) ... is milwaukee considered a running style team? with Bogut I think they are more of a halfcourt type right?

that would be a great trade and it would build two eastern contenders, immediately
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#14 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted January 28, 2009 - 06:36 PM

well hopefully brand would fit there better than in philly
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic