#61 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:46 PM

no no no.. u got it twisted... its not cause we HAD pau.. its cuz we DIDNT HAVE kwame.

No offense, but isn't it obvious that Pau is the reason that we've turned into a top 5 within the last year? Pau is HUGE for us. A look at our record since the trade should be enough proof.

Lamar Odom has his moments, but that defensive lapse against Boris Diaw is inexcusable. Kobe was completely justified in showing his frustration. You do NOT leave 3 pt shooters open, especially not in OT when your team is up by 3. A two isn't a big deal, but a wide-open three shouldn't be available for the opposing team.

#62 LOdieschick07

LOdieschick07

Queen Laker Girl

• 4,102 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Lamar Odom

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:47 PM

Who cares about his image? Hes the most hated player in the NBA nation. It doesnt matter. Its not going to change.

yeah. consistent. seriously. wow.

omg.. what year are you stuck in? everyone loves him now.. the fans in other cities.. etc.. hes built it back up

hated by people who are jealous.. of course.. but not "hated"
Posted Image

#63 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:48 PM

omg.. what year are you stuck in? everyone loves him now.. the fans in other cities.. etc.. hes built it back up

hated by people who are jealous.. of course.. but not "hated"

He's hated because he's the best player in the NBA.

#64 LOdieschick07

LOdieschick07

Queen Laker Girl

• 4,102 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:49 PM

Lamar Odom has his moments, but that defensive lapse against Boris Diaw is inexcusable. Kobe was completely justified in showing his frustration. You do NOT leave 3 pt shooters open, especially not in OT when your team is up by 3. A two isn't a big deal, but a wide-open three shouldn't be available for the opposing team.

thats completely understandable but everyone here PLUS KOBE are acting like its from that ONE play that we lost the whole damn game. how bout this... maybe if kobe scored in the first quarter we woulda won? one basket woulda gotten us up by 2.. hows that for the blame game. ugh.
Posted Image

#65 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:49 PM

LOL @ making the Finals not because of Pau but because of a missing Kwame...

This would be our starting 5 without Pau Gasol (let's say Kwame is out):

Mbenga
LO
Luke Walton
Kobe
Fisher

Please tell me that team will beat the Spurs... I appreciate the humor, really... Most teams would kill for a 2nd option like Pau Gasol...

Edited by Avtomat Kalashnikov, January 28, 2009 - 09:50 PM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#66 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:50 PM

LOL @ making the Finals not because of Pau but because of a missing Kwame...

This would be our starting 5 without Pau Gasol:

Mbenga
LO
Luke Walton
Kobe
Fisher

Please tell me that team will beat the Spurs... Most teams would kill for a 2nd option like Pau Gasol...

That team wouldnt beat the Nuggets last year.

Edited by Westcoast21, January 28, 2009 - 09:52 PM.

#67 LP_18

LP_18

Sasha's favorite

• 1,856 posts
  • Name:Lisa
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha!

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:51 PM

thats completely understandable but everyone here PLUS KOBE are acting like its from that ONE play that we lost the whole damn game. how bout this... maybe if kobe scored in the first quarter we woulda won? one basket woulda gotten us up by 2.. hows that for the blame game. ugh.

no youre just more sensitive to it cause hes your favorite player.
pretty much everyone on the team except for trevor has gotten blamed for last nights game.

QUOTE (MDI @ Mar 19 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when did sash turn into kobe ? WTF?

TEAM SASHA!
TEAM PAU PAU!

#68 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:52 PM

That one play did tie the game which resulted in us losing. It was a big key factor in the loss. And dont bring up stuff like Kobe would have scored in the 1st quarter we would have won. Because thats no better then saying "If the Bobcats would have missed all their shots, we would have won".

#69 LOdieschick07

LOdieschick07

Queen Laker Girl

• 4,102 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:52 PM

pretty much everyone on the team except for trevor has gotten blamed for last nights game.

youre right.. shoot.. if we had ariza on the floor we would have won hands down... ARIZA's FAULT~~~!!!
Posted Image

#70 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:53 PM

Dumb Trevor getting a concussion. Not a team player at all.

#71 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:54 PM

Well, I suppose it is wrong to blame the whole game on Odom, but a mental lapse like that in OT, when the Lakers aren't out of the woods yet, is inexcusable. You can't double-team someone in the post (And who on the Bobcats deserves a double-team?), and leave a guy open at the three, especially not someone like Boris Diaw who is perfectly capable of knocking down wide-open looks.

#72 LOdieschick07

LOdieschick07

Queen Laker Girl

• 4,102 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 09:59 PM

Dumb Trevor getting a concussion. Not a team player at all.

basically.
Posted Image

#73 LP_18

LP_18

Sasha's favorite

• 1,856 posts
  • Name:Lisa
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha!

Posted January 28, 2009 - 10:01 PM

thats not what i was saying...
im saying everyyone [expletive]ed up atleast once yesterday. everyones getting blamed for it. not just lamar. trevor was the only one that didnt.

QUOTE (MDI @ Mar 19 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when did sash turn into kobe ? WTF?

TEAM SASHA!
TEAM PAU PAU!

#74 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 10:02 PM

Well, I suppose it is wrong to blame the whole game on Odom, but a mental lapse like that in OT, when the Lakers aren't out of the woods yet, is inexcusable. You can't double-team someone in the post (And who on the Bobcats deserves a double-team?), and leave a guy open at the three, especially not someone like Boris Diaw who is perfectly capable of knocking down wide-open looks.

No one is blaming the entire game on Lamar. As far I see. People are blaming him though for his well known bone headed plays that did EVENTUALLY cost us the game. He had a big role in the loss, but he's not half the reason why we lost.

#75 LAL024

LAL024

Rookie

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Posted January 28, 2009 - 11:49 PM

That last play was something. The Lakers are always making the mistake of allowing an opposing team to score from beyond the arc when they are leading by three.

I was just furious as KB when Lamar helped on the Felton drive and left Diaw wide open. Reminds me of a game against Dallas where Odom hedge off Dirk and allowed him to inbound the ball and get it back for an open look at a three. Lamar should have just stayed with Diaw and allowed Felton to drive and get challenged by Bynum who can afford to help off of Okafor, who can't shoot beyond the arc.

Lamar made a terrible blunder on a crucial defensive play, but Kobe and Fish were also at fault for much of the game. I was just furious when Fish kept forcing baseline on Felton when he knows that Pau is not that great of a shot blocker. He should just try to level of the guy and play him honestly. Kobe was also coasting of D in that game. I've been noticing this for a while. Kobe is saving his energy for the 4th quarter. :nervous:

When KB is guarding players the caliber of James or Ginobili, then we see the great defensive player type of Kobe. When he's guarding a role player, he tends to coast and lose his assignment on D. He's either late on closing on outside shooters or just die on a screen. :angry:

Edited by LAL024, January 28, 2009 - 11:57 PM.

#76 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 28, 2009 - 11:57 PM

I distinctly remember getting flamed recently for saying our D wasn't very good.

Can we re-visit that here? I'd like to get the consensus now.

#77 LAL024

LAL024

Rookie

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Fan Since:1995
  • Fav. Laker:Magic and Kobe

Posted January 29, 2009 - 12:07 AM

If this team is going to make some bonehead mistakes, they might as well make them in the regular season. This team just can't do this in the playoffs.

#78 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 29, 2009 - 12:52 AM

If this team is going to make some bonehead mistakes, they might as well make them in the regular season. This team just can't do this in the playoffs.

Bad habits are hard to break. Especially on defense.

#79 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted January 29, 2009 - 02:07 AM

Such as Sasha's missed threes.

Bottom line people, I will not hammer Pau Gasol about one bad game. He's been our most consistent player all season. More consistent then Kobe.

Consistent. Something Lamar knows NOTHING about.

Exactly without Pau we would be a 7th seed, just as all those years Odom was our 2nd option.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#80 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,925 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 29, 2009 - 02:34 AM

Lamar isn't the only one to blame.

Place the blame on Gasol, Odom and Fisher for not playing ANY defense, for the entire game. Place it on Odom and Gasol for not producing any offense.

Kobe's efforts in the last three quarters, and in the first overtime, were nothing short of amazing. Bynum, the same, when he was in. Putting Odom and Gasol on the floor lost us this game, because it meant that Bynum was sitting.

Phil should've went with a small lineup (from 1-4) when we were up by three, in that last Bobcats possession. That way, we could close out on the shooters, and a two would've been contested by Bynum. Instead, Lamar Odom does what he has been doing since 2004, and he leaves a shooter wide open.

I've played basketball all my life, and coached as an assistant, and I can say this much: if one of my players (or teammates) would've done something that stupid, when you KNOW the opposition is going to go for three, I would be sitting them for the rest of the game, cutting their minutes, or (in a teammate's case) would be all in their ear about it.

As for Gasol, he's been the second most consistent. Defense counts, and the only thing he's done on defense, consistently, is play average or below.

I never thought I'd say this, but if they were getting their minutes and touches on offense, Bynum and Ariza would be more valuable to this team than Gasol and Odom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users