89 replies to this topic

#21 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted January 28, 2009 - 11:44 AM

Kobe is the leader of this team. Why are you blaming our 4th option off the bench? It's his fault that he didn't keep feeding a hot Bynum, and exploiting the mismatch against a short Okafor.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#22 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,313 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted January 28, 2009 - 11:44 AM

In the end of the 4th quarter, Sasha missed a 3-pointer and i thought we were finished. Thank god Fish and Kobe bailed us out.
Reason why we lost is our terrible D.
Bobcats had hwo many.. was it 36 points in the paint by the half-time. <-- that says it.
Stats:
Sasha went 3-9 from the field (3-8 from downtown), 3 rebs, 1 ast.
L.O went 2-8 from the field, 3-6 ft's, 4 rebs, 2 blocks, which one was on the very end of the 1st OT against Diaw's jumpshot.

If i would have to blame anybody, i'd blame Sasha.

Edited by Makaveli'#24, January 28, 2009 - 11:46 AM.

#23 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted January 28, 2009 - 11:47 AM

I agree about Sasha, brick after brick at the end of the 4th and in ot.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#24 udechukwu

udechukwu

KB24: Silencing opposing crowds for over a decade

• 128 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fan Since:birth 1990
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 28, 2009 - 11:50 AM

I know you guys like to blame Lamar for everything, but I think Sasha's bricks costed us the game... Sasha's playing more than bad recenty. He doesn't bring the same energy off the bench. I'm not saying LO played good I just think it's unfair to blame the guy for everything...

P.S. And calling Pau - Gasoft is so classless... The guys had a bad shooting night, that's all...

finallly someone points that out
sasha was given the nickname the machine
yet he doesnt perform like he used to
i used to be very confident with sasha shooting 3s
not so much anymore
he was 2-7 overall from 3pt range
and 0-2 in overtime
sasha took 9 shots the whole game
7 of them were 3pts

i also can not just blame it all on sasha
but the lack of his usually bench pts
proved cruicial, not just him but everyone was settling for jumpshots
many shots were missed when wide open lanes could have been taken
thats giving up the possibility of easy drives to the basket and possible foul shouts

Edited by udechukwu, January 28, 2009 - 11:51 AM.

Where will amazing happen this year ?..... LA!!!
2009 NBA Champions
A Prophecy fulfilled.

#25 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 28, 2009 - 01:41 PM

Kobe is the leader of this team. Why are you blaming our 4th option off the bench? It's his fault that he didn't keep feeding a hot Bynum, and exploiting the mismatch against a short Okafor.

Please, dude. If you even begin to blame Kobe for this loss, you're not watching the game.

Odom and Gasol, BOTH, have been lackluster players for this Lakers team. Maybe people don't see it in Gasol, but on defense, he's weak. I don't care how many points you score. If you give up just as many in one-on-one situations, you aren't doing your job.

And as far as Odom goes, with the lack of intelligence he continues to display on the court, I'm surprised he's still a Laker.

Sadly, the same goes for Fisher. One big three to tie the game doesn't make up for Felton making him his [expletive].

#26 LP_18

LP_18

Sasha's favorite

• 1,856 posts
  • Name:Lisa
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha!

Posted January 28, 2009 - 01:55 PM

finallly someone points that out
sasha was given the nickname the machine
yet he doesnt perform like he used to
i used to be very confident with sasha shooting 3s
not so much anymore
he was 2-7 overall from 3pt range
and 0-2 in overtime
sasha took 9 shots the whole game
7 of them were 3pts

i also can not just blame it all on sasha
but the lack of his usually bench pts
proved cruicial, not just him but everyone was settling for jumpshots
many shots were missed when wide open lanes could have been taken
thats giving up the possibility of easy drives to the basket and possible foul shouts

sasha scored more than his average.... so how can he be at fault?
sure he missed a good amount, but you cant blame him. everyone missed shots.
too many players had an off night. its okay for 1 or 2 of them too. but almost everyone was slacking.

QUOTE (MDI @ Mar 19 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when did sash turn into kobe ? WTF?

TEAM SASHA!
TEAM PAU PAU!

#27 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 01:55 PM

Please, dude. If you even begin to blame Kobe for this loss, you're not watching the game.

Odom and Gasol, BOTH, have been lackluster players for this Lakers team. Maybe people don't see it in Gasol, but on defense, he's weak. I don't care how many points you score. If you give up just as many in one-on-one situations, you aren't doing your job.

And as far as Odom goes, with the lack of intelligence he continues to display on the court, I'm surprised he's still a Laker.

Sadly, the same goes for Fisher. One big three to tie the game doesn't make up for Felton making him his [expletive].

1. Look at our record since we acquired Gasol.
2. I wouldn't call Diaw chucking 23 shots and only getting 23 points bad defense
3. Odom is a 5th option off the bench. Do you expect him to be scroing 20 a game? Why are you blaming the loss on somebody who comes off the bench?
4. Kobe works best when he gets his teammates involved. Bynum had a huge 1st quarter and the team decided to stop going to the bigs.
5. I blame Fisher for not passing the ball to the post enough. He needs to start looking for mismatches. Unfortunately he only knows how to pass to Kobe or Ariza or another wing.

You create your offense by pounding the ball down low. You don't start chucking up shots. Kobe is the teams leader and needs to set the tone and make an effort to get the ball to the big man. You get the ball to Bynum more, Okafor gets into foul trouble and you automatically have a free pass to drive to the rim at will.

Our team plays best when we play team basketball. Not when we have Kobe dominating the ball. It's time to go back to the basics. Pound the ball down low, and allow your bigs to create open shots for your smalls.

#28 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 02:15 PM

1. Look at our record since we acquired Gasol.
2. I wouldn't call Diaw chucking 23 shots and only getting 23 points bad defense
3. Odom is a 5th option off the bench. Do you expect him to be scroing 20 a game? Why are you blaming the loss on somebody who comes off the bench?
4. Kobe works best when he gets his teammates involved. Bynum had a huge 1st quarter and the team decided to stop going to the bigs.
5. I blame Fisher for not passing the ball to the post enough. He needs to start looking for mismatches. Unfortunately he only knows how to pass to Kobe or Ariza or another wing.

You create your offense by pounding the ball down low. You don't start chucking up shots. Kobe is the teams leader and needs to set the tone and make an effort to get the ball to the big man. You get the ball to Bynum more, Okafor gets into foul trouble and you automatically have a free pass to drive to the rim at will.

Our team plays best when we play team basketball. Not when we have Kobe dominating the ball. It's time to go back to the basics. Pound the ball down low, and allow your bigs to create open shots for your smalls.

1) Good for us. We are still "best losers" when it came to the NBA Finals, and nothing else matters.
2) Diaw wasn't the one destroying Gasol, either. Don't ignore all the times Gasol could've grabbed a rebound over Felton (yeah, Felton), and how many times he was left out in the middle of nowhere, watching Gerald Wallace get to the rim at will because Gasol wasn't smart enough to know where he was supposed to be on defense.
3) Because Lamar was a big part of what happened in the fourth quarter and overtime periods, due to Phil Jackson not trusting in Bynum late in the fourth, for some reason. Do I expect Lamar to score 20? No, but there are a few guys who can give 15 a night off the bench (you know who they are), and/or play good defense, two things Lamar CAN'T do.
4) Blame Phil for taking Bynum in and out of the game for no reason, then. Bryant has to get everyone involved, or they will choke late in the game, when he needs them most (and, I guess they will anyways, as we saw last night). As much as I hate Shaq, Bynum isn't the Diesel, so that two-man game won't work for the entire 48 minutes. Kobe was catching fire, and if it wasn't for him, we would've lost this game by 10+ in four quarters.
5) True.

And certain teams create their offense by going to the post first. This is the triangle offense. If the ball goes into the post, the guard cuts through and to the corner, and the players rotate accordingly. Since nobody else on this team knows how to move without the ball (minus Kobe and Fisher, and sometimes Walton), this is usually what happens: Fisher makes his pass, finds his corner, and sits, while the post passes out to a shooter for a long three, or they spin and get into the paint to be stripped or blocked, or miss a flat hook shot. Otherwise, the ball goes straight to Kobe, and everyone stands there.

#29 Ethdude

Ethdude

Rookie

• 63 posts
  • Name:Sam
  • Fan Since:1991- Jordan almost made me cry that year.

Posted January 28, 2009 - 02:19 PM

OMG WE JUST LOST THE NBA FINALS!!!!!!!!!!111111111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG PAU SUCKS ODOM SUCKS PHIL JACKSON's COACHING SUCKS OMG TRADE EVERYONE!!11!! WE LOST... a regular season game.

Not reasons we lost or whatever just couple things I thought would be cool and didn't like.

I think Andrew will look at the tape of him missing that bank shot and practice that shot 500 times. Would have been really cool to see Andrew carry us through the end of that game and he almost did, it was simply sTrAngE seeing Kobe on the side in the OT, was sitting there hoping Drew can learn from this experience without getting down on himself.

Didn't like Sasha shooting a 3 when I think we were tied with a few minutes to go in the second overtime, don't mind him shooting the three(he was 3-3 from downtown at one point) its just he did it with like 20 seconds left on the shot clock and no one else even touched the ball.

W/e move on, the ROAD TRIP OF SATAN is upon us, so lets hand out some visiting team thug style beatdowns on people :D
The best sports franchise in the world.

#30 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 02:21 PM

1) Good for us. We are still "best losers" when it came to the NBA Finals, and nothing else matters.
2) Diaw wasn't the one destroying Gasol, either. Don't ignore all the times Gasol could've grabbed a rebound over Felton (yeah, Felton), and how many times he was left out in the middle of nowhere, watching Gerald Wallace get to the rim at will because Gasol wasn't smart enough to know where he was supposed to be on defense.
3) Because Lamar was a big part of what happened in the fourth quarter and overtime periods, due to Phil Jackson not trusting in Bynum late in the fourth, for some reason. Do I expect Lamar to score 20? No, but there are a few guys who can give 15 a night off the bench (you know who they are), and/or play good defense, two things Lamar CAN'T do.
4) Blame Phil for taking Bynum in and out of the game for no reason, then. Bryant has to get everyone involved, or they will choke late in the game, when he needs them most (and, I guess they will anyways, as we saw last night). As much as I hate Shaq, Bynum isn't the Diesel, so that two-man game won't work for the entire 48 minutes. Kobe was catching fire, and if it wasn't for him, we would've lost this game by 10+ in four quarters.
5) True.

And certain teams create their offense by going to the post first. This is the triangle offense. If the ball goes into the post, the guard cuts through and to the corner, and the players rotate accordingly. Since nobody else on this team knows how to move without the ball (minus Kobe and Fisher, and sometimes Walton), this is usually what happens: Fisher makes his pass, finds his corner, and sits, while the post passes out to a shooter for a long three, or they spin and get into the paint to be stripped or blocked, or miss a flat hook shot. Otherwise, the ball goes straight to Kobe, and everyone stands there.

1. We lost the finales...minus Bynum and minus Ariza.
2. Diaw didn't destroy anybody. As a matter of fact, none of the bigs destroyed anyone. Big defense was fine.
3. That's where Kobe as a captain comes in, and takes over. You don't let your role player screw up. You just don't. He's only Lamar Odom. You have Gasol out there.
4. We wouldn't have been down at all if we continued feeding the ball to the man who put up a massive 1st quarter. Kobe wouldn't have had to catch fire either if we continued feeding Bynum. He would have had wide open shots. No need to catch fire. Create open shots by passing to the post.

That's the problem with Kobe shooting 28 FGA. Everybody ends up standing, and they get bored of the game. You integrate the post game, you create open looks for everybody on the team. Everybody gets involved, everybody gets confident, everybody suddenly plays better defense and are hitting their open shots.

#31 Mega Man

Mega Man

Mega Buster

• 415 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 02:47 PM

Diaw killed us. I don't care how many shots it took, they won didn't they? He hit BIG shots in overtime, the 3 to tie the game and the jumper he hit on his way down to put em up by 4 in 2nd OT. Lamar's poor decision making on the defensive end really hurt us.

If i were to blame anyone, it would be lamar, sasha, and pau for the poor and inconsistent performance on both the offensive and defensive end.

Posted Image

#32 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 03:03 PM

1. We lost the finales...minus Bynum and minus Ariza.
2. Diaw didn't destroy anybody. As a matter of fact, none of the bigs destroyed anyone. Big defense was fine.
3. That's where Kobe as a captain comes in, and takes over. You don't let your role player screw up. You just don't. He's only Lamar Odom. You have Gasol out there.
4. We wouldn't have been down at all if we continued feeding the ball to the man who put up a massive 1st quarter. Kobe wouldn't have had to catch fire either if we continued feeding Bynum. He would have had wide open shots. No need to catch fire. Create open shots by passing to the post.

That's the problem with Kobe shooting 28 FGA. Everybody ends up standing, and they get bored of the game. You integrate the post game, you create open looks for everybody on the team. Everybody gets involved, everybody gets confident, everybody suddenly plays better defense and are hitting their open shots.

Let me ask you something about field goal attempts...

Is 50% shooting good for a two-guard?

You'll say yes, so if Kobe gets absolutely no calls, and he hits 50% from the floor, all two-point jumpers, how many shots does he take to get how many points?

Let's say he takes 20 jumpers, hits 10 of them -- 50% from the floor.

He gets 20 points...on 20 shots.

Is there a problem with netting 50% of your shots?

#33 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,683 posts
  • Name:Alexi

Posted January 28, 2009 - 03:06 PM

Let's blame LO for losing the game.

Felton almost had a triple double and Gasoft didn't show up again. We wouldn't be in that situation if Gasoft had a decent game yesterday.

Gasol hater,not good :nah: :lol:
Posted Image

#34 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 28, 2009 - 03:46 PM

I'm so pissed, after Kobe dropping 38, drawing double teams, making clutch shots, etc... All went to waste AGAIN... They always managed to lose to the Bobcats... I feel like crying, throwing up, eating my own vomit and cutting my wrist... Okay, not really, but still...

F-fish has been a career matador on D, no sense of complaining at this point when he is 30+ years old, he is who he is... Sasha is a shooter, can't blame him for chucking, I mean, that's what all he does...

C'mon LO, hit your goddamn FTs, and get a brain transplant... That brought me some horrible Kwame Brown/Smush Parker memories... Do I have to remind you that it is your contract year?

Pau, you are great... No way I'm trading you back for KWAME BROWN or anyone for that matter (I am actually imagining Nissan would trade Pau for cheeseburgers at this point but can't blame him really), but you have to toughen up...

Farmar you are a PG, please stop shooting when you can't hit the side of a barn and recognize our bigs...

Luke Walton, ugh... Go read a book about different kind of BBQ sauce recipes, jump into a lake, I don't care... Just don't play, burn your Laker jersey, NOW. Can't make a simple inbound pass, high basketball IQ indeed...

Phil... You and your substitution patterns, and why is Luke Walton playing again?? What's with the fascination with him? Richard Jefferson will not gonna like this...

Yeah, I just woke up and felt like screaming and ranting...

Edited by Avtomat Kalashnikov, January 28, 2009 - 03:47 PM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#35 LP_18

LP_18

Sasha's favorite

• 1,856 posts
  • Name:Lisa
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha!

Posted January 28, 2009 - 04:17 PM

I'm so pissed, after Kobe dropping 38, drawing double teams, making clutch shots, etc... All went to waste AGAIN... They always managed to lose to the Bobcats... I feel like crying, throwing up, eating my own vomit and cutting my wrist... Okay, not really, but still...

F-fish has been a career matador on D, no sense of complaining at this point when he is 30+ years old, he is who he is... Sasha is a shooter, can't blame him for chucking, I mean, that's what all he does...

C'mon LO, hit your goddamn FTs, and get a brain transplant... That brought me some horrible Kwame Brown/Smush Parker memories... Do I have to remind you that it is your contract year?

Pau, you are great... No way I'm trading you back for KWAME BROWN or anyone for that matter (I am actually imagining Nissan would trade Pau for cheeseburgers at this point but can't blame him really), but you have to toughen up...

Farmar you are a PG, please stop shooting when you can't hit the side of a barn and recognize our bigs...

Luke Walton, ugh... Go read a book about different kind of BBQ sauce recipes, jump into a lake, I don't care... Just don't play, burn your Laker jersey, NOW. Can't make a simple inbound pass, high basketball IQ indeed...

Phil... You and your substitution patterns, and why is Luke Walton playing again?? What's with the fascination with him? Richard Jefferson will not gonna like this...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MDI @ Mar 19 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when did sash turn into kobe ? WTF?

TEAM SASHA!
TEAM PAU PAU!

#36 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 28, 2009 - 04:23 PM

when Kobe fouled out my exact words where

"lord here goes"
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#37 Maddocks

Maddocks

Hunt You Down Without Mercy

• 5,329 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 04:34 PM

when Kobe fouled out my exact words where

"lord here goes"

once kobe fouled out...and we went into 2nd OT i said......there goes the game.

I see faith in your eyes
never you hear the discouraging lies
broken is the promise, betrayal
the healing hand held back by deepened nail
follow the god that failed

#38 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,396 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 28, 2009 - 04:55 PM

once kobe fouled out...and we went into 2nd OT i said......there goes the game.

Unfortunately, I think most of the Lakers team said that themselves.

#39 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted January 28, 2009 - 04:58 PM

You forgot Vujabrick who missed his last 6 shots, but i 100% agree with the matador Fisher statement.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#40 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted January 28, 2009 - 05:07 PM

Let me ask you something about field goal attempts...

Is 50% shooting good for a two-guard?

You'll say yes, so if Kobe gets absolutely no calls, and he hits 50% from the floor, all two-point jumpers, how many shots does he take to get how many points?

Let's say he takes 20 jumpers, hits 10 of them -- 50% from the floor.

He gets 20 points...on 20 shots.

Is there a problem with netting 50% of your shots?

Bynum hit 10/14 shots, which is almost at 70%. And remember Kobe started off a little bit colder, while Bynum started out red hot.

You keep feeding Bynum, Okafor, the main deterrent for Laker penetration, gets in foul trouble, and they get a complete stiff out there playing, you improve the whole game for everybody.

Kobe had a good shooting night, don't get me wrong, but there is no excuse as to why we stopped feeding Bynum. None.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users